Thread: Harrop 2300 supercharger to Optimiser 6500

Legendary
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,674 Times in 2,651 Posts
    Mentioned
    190 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    New passenger side rocker cover, 2 rocker assy's and gasket sealant on the way from WA - thats the limit of support - bit disappointing, but its better than nothin'. Appears today the leaks were across 3/4 cylinders on the drivers bank and 2/4 on the passenger. Thinking the s/h torque to yieldbolts(suspected) bolts have stretched further under the additional pressure from the s/c. Both Bullet and Brunswick now tell me they fit ARP studbolts for this application - bit late guys to be telling me now. Peanuts. Anyway, friday is looking doubtful to get the beast back, so possibly monday. Does not matter much now we are back into another 7 day lockdown I guess. Heads been wash ground and back with mechanic. Soluble oil coolant affected the radiator hoses - started to permeate the rubber, like seepage. Contact the supplier and seems the batch i bought 2 yrs ago had a chemical compatibility issue which they have since corrected, so the latest coolant I have just purchased has the modified formula and is now 100% compatible with rubber - bloody typical, another 2 radiator hoses and heater hoses need replacement. Supplier offered to send another batch for free, but declined the offer, I don't need it and its more annoying in the scheme of things at the moment.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to PeeBee For This Useful Post:

MB (11th August 2021), mudnut (14th November 2021), MudRunnerTD (13th August 2021)

3. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Legendary
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    190 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have been having issues with belt squeal since the beginning of the vee belt to 8 rib multi vee conversion belt drive. @mudski put me onto a tool to measure the actual belt tension, which is another way to eliminate if the noise is from a belt drive that is too small for the duty, there is a drive friction issue or the auto tensioner is faulty. Gates make this device and its simplicity, so i have purchased one and await its arrival. i have also included the youtube link as there are two devices, avail and you can also measure vee belt tension with high accuracy instead of using the highly variable 'finger deflection' technique that we all tend to use. The belt alignment issues are resolved and I am now trialling a standard duty gates belt as apposed to the fleetguard to ascertain if there is a difference. The green fleetguard is more rigid in feel than the standard, however does run a lot more noisy - seems i get a distinct 'click' release of the back surface against the smooth idler rollers, which settles down after about 20 mins, however sounds like a bearing is about to let go at times - will see if the standard duty lasts or the fleetguard goes back on .

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/143011685323
    https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q...tail&FORM=VIRE

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to PeeBee For This Useful Post:

MB (18th November 2021), mudnut (14th November 2021)

Legendary
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    190 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Krikit belt tensioner arrived today, tested the belt after speaking with the gates engineer about an auto tensioner value for the belt. A table was supplied, attached below which may be of value to others with serpentine belts and Vee belts with manual and auto tensioners. My belt tension is smack in the middle of the range, so happy with that. Also, driveway rpm testing with the standard duty belt didn't exhibit any belt squeal, so big drive tomorrow to test that out under load.
    Auto tensioner numbers.jpgKrikit belt tensioner.jpgTension ranges - catalogue (2).pdf
    Last edited by PeeBee; 17th November 2021 at 07:15 PM.

7. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to PeeBee For This Useful Post:

MB (18th November 2021), mudnut (17th November 2021), Rossco (17th November 2021), rusty_nail (17th November 2021), Touses (18th November 2021)

Thanks
    Thanked 6,997 Times in 2,911 Posts
    Mentioned
    76 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    fingers crossed you get it sorted out soon mate!
    I got red dust in my veins.

Check out My Rig here: Broken

Pics of Forum trips I've Been on:
    Pizza at AB's - 2012 Knockwood - 2013 Krissos Place Australia Day - 2015 Pizza at AB's - March 2015 Pizza at AB's - May 2015 Dargo - 2015 Newnes - 2016

WARNING: Towballs used for recoveries can, and do kill people and damage property.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to rusty_nail For This Useful Post:

PeeBee (17th November 2021)

Legendary
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    190 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by rusty_nail View Post
    fingers crossed you get it sorted out soon mate!
    Taking it out for a spin either tomorrow or Friday, looks like it's fixed, better be!!!!

Legendary
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    190 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    OK, fiddling around yesterday, and after speaking with Bullet S/C they dont have a fast idle setup, so knocked up this one as the template. 6 hrs in the making, doesn't look like it but its sort of done, need to finish welding it using the right rods and its done.Fast idle bracket.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to PeeBee For This Useful Post:

mudnut (19th November 2021), Rossco (19th November 2021)

Legendary
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    190 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    OK, completed the bracket above, what a total details nightmare. Getting the configuration to operate on a crazy offset took hours, but happy with it now, rewelded using the right rods and cleaned up very well. Funny how the only thing I could buy was a solenoid valve, which i did, however it was impossible to fit - s/c as usual complicating the installation.

Next is the in-line fuel heater and temp probes and then the remote fuel shut off assy. Been putting these off as simply sick of getting covered in diesel under the car.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to PeeBee For This Useful Post:

mudski (29th November 2021)

The master farter
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,261 Times in 6,427 Posts
    Mentioned
    460 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    you need to take the Patrol to Darrens place and use his hoist?

Legendary
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    190 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah, a 5T hoist is going into the shed at Wiseleigh. i have sort of finished under the car excepting the final shut off valve - I have bought some fuel line clamps for this so hope the amount of fuel I coat myself in is limited.

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to PeeBee For This Useful Post:

MB (29th November 2021), Rossco (29th November 2021)

Legendary
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    190 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Water Meth tank installed and hooked up yesterday. All working as it should, hard to tell if any difference idling in the driveway, even with application setpoint on 100% of the time. Will see how the EGT's are effected when I get it out.

Need to get the a/c gas levels re-checked as the cabin cooling is not what it was before the heads came off, thinking its a gas charge issue with the interchiller.

Jury rigged the installation of the Renogy 3kw inverter - not yet convinced it can be mounted vertically as the mount feet are plastic and held on with 8 small screws. Need to dream about that a bit longer.

Renogy dual battery unit was only intermittently charging or cycling whilst the car was running, 120secs on, 600secs off, so another gremlin to resolve i guess.

Belt alignment issues look like they are resolved and no belt squeal. Hoping 2022 is a good clean reliable year.

19. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to PeeBee For This Useful Post:

MB (4th January 2022), mudnut (3rd January 2022), MudRunnerTD (9th January 2022), poindexter (3rd January 2022), Rossco (3rd January 2022)

Page 51 of 53 FirstFirst ... 414950515253 LastLast