Thread: 2008 Patrol Diesel Pump not priming

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fireblade View Post
    has the fuel pressure relief valve on the rail been tested?
    i linked a test method for you...
    Yes you did, and thank you for that Mr. Fireblade. I'm just slow with execution. Only just got the plugs delivered today, didn't get around to swap them yet. Then I move on. I appreciate the help with this.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Thanked 1,006 Times in 565 Posts
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    @poddy UltraGauge EMPlus _ IMO is good kit and yes does display boost pressure (absolute and gauged) from MAP sensor (cold side cooler) via ECU. Example of one page that I use. Price has dropped from $149 couple of yrs ago.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Bidja; 27th November 2020 at 07:01 AM. Reason: Edit to link back to UltraGauge
    2008 GU WAG ST Manual CRD - To do the job

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Bidja For This Useful Post:

pollenface (29th November 2020)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by poddy View Post
    Just out of curiosity, when I was pulling the plugs out on the weekend, to check them, they were screwed in pretty loose. I mean, it took no effort to undo them from the block.

The manual says they should be tightened to 20nm, but when I last pulled them,they came out really easy.

I don't know what to make of it. Any thoughts?
    Guess made it easy to remove them. Just use one of your old glow plugs and run then in and out (bit of lube/oil, diesel or something) to make sure the threads are clean of any residue.

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by PeeBee View Post
    Check glow plugs, sounds more like that than fuel priming to me. The fuel will ignite in the cylinder based on compression and droplet size...
    It's not the glow plugs; I've swapped the set and nothing changed. Not a damn thing. But yea, I see where you were coming from. 2 were no good anyway, sothat would have to be done anyway. Thank you

id be thinking glow plug relay (near the drivers right knee abour the fuse box)
    K, I don't think it will be the relay; I've had the multimeter hooked between battery (-) terminal and a tip of one of the NEW glow plugs, and it behaved like they describe in the manual that it should. It had around 11V when priming, opr when the glow plug little light on the dash was on. And it would return to 0V when the little dash light went out. So I made an assumption this behaviour is correct. Please do correct me if I am missing something. Many thanks.

or fuel pressure relief valve it might not be close allowing to build pressure, how does it start if you have it running then turn it off and then 10 seconds later start it back up? does it take awhile to start or does it go good?

check oul my thread about testint and replacing the valve
    http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forum...and-replacment
    Yep, this is the next patient for Dr. Poddy. Thank you so much for that link; I'll post back when done.

Quote Originally Posted by the evil twin View Post
    Agree with the other guys... unlikely to be the pump on a CRD, possible but unlikely.
    Check the glow plugs and operation first then move onto relief valve etc
    On it.

I'll move onto the fprv tomorrow and then see how that goes. I'll keep you posted. Thanks everyone.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to poddy For This Useful Post:

PeeBee (28th November 2020)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That's a good looking unit!
    2008 CRD Auto Wagon
    Factory snorkel, flashlube catchcan pro, 3" manta exhaust, hpd boost controller, dyno-tuned & egr deleted

Thanks
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by pollenface View Post
    That's a good looking unit!
    who the gauge?

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bidja View Post
    @poddy UltraGauge EMPlus _ IMO is good kit and yes does display boost pressure (absolute and gauged) from MAP sensor (cold side cooler) via ECU. Example of one page that I use. Price has dropped from $149 couple of yrs ago.
    Hey mate, did you order this from the States? And was it just straight plug in, no tinkering required?

Thanks
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    @poddy the UltraGauge (EMPlus) that I procured does not support air intake temp, not all gauges / parameters can be accessed. Access @ user level (us) is limited by what access Nissan allows. Not sure if the UltraGauge MX gauge variant provides access to the parameter. Would be interested in reading this as well and also AFRs_maybe someone else might chime in with more insight on a suitable gauge or a smart phone App that can support air intake temp.

I bought the gauge direct from the US via their web page (linked provided earlier). Yes the gauge is pretty well a plug and play, you just need to select the gauges that you want to view on each of the 5 pages (total of up to 8 gauges per page). One thing to note is that, if U wish to view torque (N-m), the load gauge has to follow (next) to the torque gauge (refer my earlier post (shows torque gauge and then eng load). You have to know the max torque produced from your eng (eg: from dyno), key that in and torque then is calculated / displayed as a factor associated against the eng load.

Edit_thought you asked if the UltraGauge could read intake air temp_now cannot see your post, Never mind responded anyway. Post #20 refers found it_all good.
    Last edited by Bidja; 16th December 2020 at 09:56 PM.

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    thanks mate.

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    And also big thanks to everyone that chipped in this thread. Problem sorted. I re-edited the first post with the resolution.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123