Page 62 of 64 FirstFirst ... 12526061626364 LastLast

Thread: Turbo Upgrades for the GUIV TD42Ti

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Does anyone have a photo of their BorgWarners with the turbosmart dual port actuator? Have almost all of my parts and am trying to figure out how to make my wastegate work with the new actuator. Cheers

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Home stretch for me, just waiting for the oil feed line. Will hopefully have the car back on the road for the first time in 4 months on Monday.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Rob521 For This Useful Post:

AB (21st January 2019), Wine_maker (21st January 2019)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Did you have to reposition the power steering cooler MR or did you just retire it?

I read a bit where you talked about taking it off but can't find if you talked about re mounting it. Had a bit of a read but if it's amongst the 600 or so replies I've missed it haha.

Thanks
    Thanked 13,495 Times in 6,598 Posts
    Mentioned
    330 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 0-TJ-0 View Post
    Did you have to reposition the power steering cooler MR or did you just retire it?

I read a bit where you talked about taking it off but can't find if you talked about re mounting it. Had a bit of a read but if it's amongst the 600 or so replies I've missed it haha.
    hi mate, no i just bent the mounts and re-mounted it in the same location but much closer to the radiator.
    Its a Nissan! =====> Its a Keeper!! ....... Got a TD42 in it BONUS!! ....... I'm a lucky bugger! I've got 2 of em!
    Check out my Toy --> MudRunnerTD's GQ From the Ground Up

Quote Originally Posted by Rogue Dung Beetle View Post
    Wish it was Nissan though, Toyotas just can't keep up with the Pootrol pace.
    The only good thing about an 80 series is..... the front end?? Wrong!!, the Engine?? Wrong!! the Full Time 4WD system?? Wrong!! Its the NissanPatrol.com.au stubby holder fitted over the transfer lever.
    WARNING: Towballs used for recoveries can, and do kill people and damage property.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to MudRunnerTD For This Useful Post:

0-TJ-0 (22nd January 2019)

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So just read through all 62 pages of this and wow I’m sold on a BW setup. One thing I haven’t seen covered too much is what exhaust manifold are people running? I have a TD42 silver top with a dealer optioned Safari turbo at the moment. Has anyone done one of these with a high mount manifold as I plan to do this with a CC top mount for simplicity. Also has anyone successfully fitted one to a GQ? From what I can gather they are a tight fit in the GU’s.

Thanks
    Thanked 20,757 Times in 8,578 Posts
    Mentioned
    581 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ROGQ View Post
    So just read through all 62 pages of this and wow I’m sold on a BW setup. One thing I haven’t seen covered too much is what exhaust manifold are people running? I have a TD42 silver top with a dealer optioned Safari turbo at the moment. Has anyone done one of these with a high mount manifold as I plan to do this with a CC top mount for simplicity. Also has anyone successfully fitted one to a GQ? From what I can gather they are a tight fit in the GU’s.
    Hey mate, yep I have had on a silver top in GQ and currently have one in the GQ with TD42T.

Yep its a tight fit but not hard. My slight issue was the wastgate actuator close to the body where the tower brace sits in. Slight little panel beating to allow enough room for engine movement.

Both of mine have been standard exhaust manifold with the T adaptor.

I reckon the high mount would prob be better to be honest as you will be further away from the tower brace area.

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey AB thanks for the info...

Did you purchase the Turbosmart actuator that the other guys have been using?

Yeah high mount is the plan, I like how neat and tidy and high up they are with the top mount cooler. Less piping and less to go wrong in my opinion. Was just wondering if there is a reason why anyone isn’t running with one.

Was it worth all the hassle? Was hoping someone would be doing a kit for them by now lol 🤷*♂️

Thanks
    Mentioned
    581 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ROGQ View Post
    Hey AB thanks for the info...

Did you purchase the Turbosmart actuator that the other guys have been using?

Yeah high mount is the plan, I like how neat and tidy and high up they are with the top mount cooler. Less piping and less to go wrong in my opinion. Was just wondering if there is a reason why anyone isn’t running with one.

Was it worth all the hassle? Was hoping someone would be doing a kit for them by now lol 路*♂️
    I think most just use the standard turbo manifold that was on the TD42's for the HT18's maybe mate but definitely can't see any issue if not better for your high mount position.

Keen to see some pics if you head down this path mate.

Most of the bugs have now been ironed out for you mate so should be a fairly straight forward install and yes 100% worth the hassle, very responsive and efficient little turbo with extremely good torque very low in the rev range, huge winner!

Thanks
    Mentioned
    581 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Just had a thought mate, pretty sure the high mount is angled enough for your top mount CC to work yeah?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah I have no idea haha that’s why I was wondering if anyone has done it. I haven’t actually purchased the CC yet, I’ll be buying all that with the turbo. Does anyone know a good off the shelf high mount manifold to start with?

Yeah defiantly will. I’ve just purchased a granny spec 93 model auto. It’s super tidy with only 200k on the clock. I’m selling my gq dual cab and going to build more of a touring rig for the family this time round.

Sounds like what I’m after. I want to be able to comfortably overtake on the highway when towing and hold speed on the big hills.

Page 62 of 64 FirstFirst ... 12526061626364 LastLast