Thread: Do you think it’s odd .........

Thanks
    Thanked 7,403 Times in 2,995 Posts
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rossco View Post
    Nice 1 cuppa, i reckon you'll use it too they're bloody great. . .

Same with me, was always a long term dream then I thought stuff it . . . Luv em �� . . .

Sent from my GT-I9506 using Tapatalk
    Just to clarify, the dream isn't to own a locker, but getting it fitted is a clear sign (along with my wife retiring at the end of June) that the dream of indefinite remote travel is not far away . For the record, I have the best wife in the world, & when I told her about a locker being good 'insurance' a couple of years ago (for just the reasons Winnie posted) she insisted that we have one.

On dreams - the one we are about to embark on for the rest of our lives (unless we decide to do something different) is the fourth in a 'series'. The first was to move to Australia back in '87, getting visas took several attempts over several years, but we didn't give up. Second was to move to the bush & live an isolated self sufficient lifestyle which we did for 20 years. It was hard yakka but we loved it. Third was to convert a bus & travel around Australia. That took over 5 years of planning & saving & is probably the best thing we have ever done together, & it brought us closer together than we imagined was possible. Now 7 years later we are close to beginning the next chapter. The theme of our lives together going right back to when we met in 1980 ihas been deciding what we want, making a plan & being persistant in making it happen. It's something we feel proud of. When either of us has felt we have been going nowhere or the plan has been languishing the other has always managed to provide the needed support. We're a pretty bloody good tag team.
    Last edited by Cuppa; 17th May 2017 at 08:16 PM.

2006 4.2TDi ex-Telstra Remote area Camper. 425w roof mounted solar, 360Ah Aux batts, BCDC1240, Onboard hot & cold pressurised & filtered water, (25 litre hot water calorifier), ARB fridge, ARB freezer, Built in kitchen, heaps of easy access storage, 240v, 3” Genie exhaust + dynotune, 2” lift, 3900kg GVM upgrade, second glovebox, ROH Blaktrak steel wheels, Bridgestone D697's (now Toyo RT's), Redarc gauges/pillarpod, Hema HX-1, Icom 450 CB, dual rear view cameras, Onboard 30amp Victron mains charger, second glovebox, dual seat conversion, TPMS, Boss PX7 onboard air with 9 litre tank, 350w inverter, Steel bullbar, Harrop Eaton diff lock (front), Warn winch, Snorkel, Dual spares , 160 litre water tank, 180 litre fuel in two tanks (approx 1200km range) 2010 Tvan Tanami. (incl another 70 litre water tank) with matching wheels/tyres (& 3rd spare)
    A Nomadic Life (Blog)

2. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Cuppa For This Useful Post:

Avo (17th May 2017), Bacho86 (17th May 2017), jack (17th May 2017), MB (17th May 2017), Rossco (17th May 2017), TPC (17th May 2017)

3. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Thanked 7,977 Times in 3,174 Posts
    Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cuppa View Post
    Just to clarify, the dream isn't to own a locker, but getting it fitted is a clear sign (along with my wife retiring at the end of June) that the dream of indefinite remote travel is not far away . For the record, I have the best wife in the world, & when I told her about a locker being good 'insurance' a couple of years ago (for just the reasons Winnie posted) she insisted that we have one.

On dreams - the one we are about to embark on for the rest of our lives (unless we decide to do something different) is the fourth in a 'series'. The first was to move to Australia back in '87, getting visas took several attempts over several years, but we didn't give up. Second was to move to the bush & live an isolated self sufficient lifestyle which we did for 20 years. It was hard yakka but we loved it. Third was to convert a bus & travel around Australia. That took over 5 years of planning & saving & is probably the best thing we have ever done together, & it brought us closer together than we imagined was possible. Now 7 years later we are close to beginning the next chapter. The theme of our lives together going right back to when we met in 1980 ihas been deciding what we want, making a plan & being persistant in making it happen. It's something we feel proud of. When either of us has felt we have been going nowhere or the plan has been languishing the other has always manged to provide the needed support. We're a pretty bloody good tag team.
    I am very jealous and admire your courage to go through with this.
    Look forward to following your travels with the blog you will undoubtedly produce.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,210 Times in 594 Posts
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good on you Cuppa , look forward to reading of your adventures!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2008 GU6 3.0 CRD AUTO | Safari Snorkel | 2" Ironman lift kit | Runva 11XP Winch | 33" MTZ's | Full Length Roof Rack | GME TX3200 | 30" LED Light Bar |

Thanks
    Thanked 6,891 Times in 3,651 Posts
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TPC View Post
    I am very jealous and admire your courage to go through with this.
    Look forward to following your travels with the blog you will undoubtedly produce.
    Hopefully He'll keep this up
    http://www.cuppa500.com/CCC/CCC.html

................on the road

I don't have a short temper. I just have a quick reaction to bullshit

WARNING: Towballs used for recoveries can, and do kill people and damage property.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Maxhead For This Useful Post:

Rossco (17th May 2017)

Thanks
    Thanked 6,915 Times in 2,749 Posts
    Mentioned
    190 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Awsome Cuppa, very jelly but all the best for both of you guys. We're extemely lucky to live in such a beutiful place, enjoy look forward to the adventures

Sent from my SM-T800 using Tapatalk

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Rossco For This Useful Post:

Maxhead (18th May 2017)

Thanks
    Thanked 7,519 Times in 3,291 Posts
    Mentioned
    126 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NissanGQ4.2 View Post
    I contemplated getting a locker but considering I can't start the Patrol I don't think a locker will get me anywhere
    .................................................. .....
    .................................................. ..........
    .................................................. ...............
    .................................................. ......................
    .................................................. ...........................
    .................................................. .................................
    .................................................. ........................................

And I'm under the thumb and the missus would never agree 2 me buying one
    you need a winch
    Watch this space, as there maybe a comment added soon

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Avo For This Useful Post:

Maxhead (18th May 2017), NissanGQ4.2 (18th May 2017)

Thanks
    Thanked 11,236 Times in 4,951 Posts
    Mentioned
    468 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Fair Dinkum inspirational Cuppa mate, ripper life story so far, keep living that dream you two :-)!
    Can you please also keep the photo comp running from satellite internet out the back blocks of Aus mate, we all love it ;-) !!

13. The Following User Says Thank You to MB For This Useful Post:

Rossco (18th May 2017)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MB View Post
    Fair Dinkum inspirational Cuppa mate, ripper life story so far, keep living that dream you two :-)!
    Can you please also keep the photo comp running from satellite internet out the back blocks of Aus mate, we all love it ;-) !!
    Don’t worry about the photo comp Mark, all taken care of, it’ll be in good hands. Looking forward to getting some new pics to post as entries.

2006 4.2TDi ex-Telstra Remote area Camper. 425w roof mounted solar, 360Ah Aux batts, BCDC1240, Onboard hot & cold pressurised & filtered water, (25 litre hot water calorifier), ARB fridge, ARB freezer, Built in kitchen, heaps of easy access storage, 240v, 3” Genie exhaust + dynotune, 2” lift, 3900kg GVM upgrade, second glovebox, ROH Blaktrak steel wheels, Bridgestone D697's (now Toyo RT's), Redarc gauges/pillarpod, Hema HX-1, Icom 450 CB, dual rear view cameras, Onboard 30amp Victron mains charger, second glovebox, dual seat conversion, TPMS, Boss PX7 onboard air with 9 litre tank, 350w inverter, Steel bullbar, Harrop Eaton diff lock (front), Warn winch, Snorkel, Dual spares , 160 litre water tank, 180 litre fuel in two tanks (approx 1200km range) 2010 Tvan Tanami. (incl another 70 litre water tank) with matching wheels/tyres (& 3rd spare)
    A Nomadic Life (Blog)

15. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Cuppa For This Useful Post:

gubigfish (17th May 2017), Maxhead (18th May 2017), MB (17th May 2017), TPC (17th May 2017)

Thanks
    Thanked 9,963 Times in 7,394 Posts
    Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Just make sure you practice and practice and practice some more
    no point having all the gear with no idea on how to do it.
    E-lockers are a good bit of kit be it a bit pricey probably to
    counter the cost of a compressor. Look forward to plenty of pics
    Last edited by threedogs; 18th May 2017 at 02:42 PM.
    04 ST 3lt auto, not enough Mods to keep me happy, but getting there

Thanks
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by threedogs View Post
    Just make sure you practise and practice and practise some more
    no point having all the gear with no idea on how to do it.
    E-lockers are a good bit of kit be it a bit pricey probably to
    counter the cost of a compressor. Look forward to plenty of pics
    Don't worry TD, we have years of practice ahead of us. 😀

A Nomadic Life (Blog)

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast