Thanks
    Thanked 11,262 Times in 6,427 Posts
    Mentioned
    460 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Club 4x4 View Post
    Hey mate

We didn't exhibit this year unfortunately. But we were down there checking it out to make a decision about doing so next year :-)

Kal
    Yeah bummer. I was hoping to see you and say hi. Next year maybe ay!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to mudski For This Useful Post:

Club 4x4 (21st August 2016)

3. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Morning all,

I thought i would jump on here and let everyone know that today we re-launched our Caravan and Camper Trailer product - covering Caravans, Camper Trailers, Slide on Camper and 5th Wheelers.

We've added some great coverage items including our Laid Up Cover, which allows you to nominate certain seasons in the year where you know you wont be using the trailer and would take a limited coverage for a cheaper premium, along with our Breakdown and Accident towing cover - removing the uncertainty around who covers the cost of towing the van if the tow vehicle is damaged or broken down.

Plenty more including a 10% multi-policy discount if you couple the product with the best 4X4 Insurance product on the market! We've also launched our new quoting website which allows you to quote both your tow vehicle and trailer at the same time - simplifying this and making the process of getting a price easier :-)

Click here to read more

If you have any questions feel free to contact us on 1800 CLUB 4X4

Cheers

Kalen

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Kalen

At the end of June we took out cover for our Patrol and Camper trailer, taking advantage of the 10% discount for multiple policy (approx $900 for Patrol and $520 for trailer)
    Out of curiosity i just ran thru the quote process for the camper trailer to see if there was any difference with the re-launch.
    Entering all of the same details for the camper trailer (not taking into account any discount for multiple policy) the premium now shows at $120 for the year.

The policy is in my wife's name so i cant just call and inquire against it. If i send you our policy number are you able to check because a $400 difference seems extreme.

cheers
    John

Expert
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Question ..........

I own two vehicles, one for daily use, and my 2014 Patrol for holidays and occasional weekend trips. As I am now retired and on a set income, holidays & trips needed to be well planed and funded for. My Patrol's insurance will soon be due and I'll be looking for a good price.

What I want may not exist .... reduced price for reduced use, equals reduced risk.

Does Club 4X4 offer a reduced price for those people that only use their 4WD less frequently than the annual average? Since retiring and buying a second vehicle, I estimate my 4WD will only travel between 5 - 6 thousand K's per year and while not in use, be parked in a locked garage with someone home most of the time. Having worked for an insurance company for 35 years, I am well aware that perceived "risk" is the driving factor in determine costs ( also profits for shareholders ), surely the situation I describe warrants a reduced price due to the reduced risk.
    Is this something that Club 4X4 offers?

Bazza
    2014 Titanium Y61 with all the fruit ................

Thanks
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 71Bogan View Post
    Hi Kalen

At the end of June we took out cover for our Patrol and Camper trailer, taking advantage of the 10% discount for multiple policy (approx $900 for Patrol and $520 for trailer)
    Out of curiosity i just ran thru the quote process for the camper trailer to see if there was any difference with the re-launch.
    Entering all of the same details for the camper trailer (not taking into account any discount for multiple policy) the premium now shows at $120 for the year.

The policy is in my wife's name so i cant just call and inquire against it. If i send you our policy number are you able to check because a $400 difference seems extreme.

cheers
    John
    G'day John, Can you Pm me your policy number and i'll have the team do some investigation for me.

Thanks
    Thanked 12,386 Times in 6,250 Posts
    Mentioned
    201 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I just tried to do an online quote for my camper trailer and I got to the part where you enter the driver's details, and could not proceed any further.
    I will try it off my PC at home tonight but this was on my work PC using Google Chrome.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Winnie View Post
    I just tried to do an online quote for my camper trailer and I got to the part where you enter the driver's details, and could not proceed any further.
    I will try it off my PC at home tonight but this was on my work PC using Google Chrome.
    G'day Winnie - we've had reports of some slight issues on Android but not Chrome.

Would you mind trying it on Explorer? In the meantime i will forward this on to our developers as feedback.

Sorry about that

Thanks
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bazzaboy View Post
    Question ..........

I own two vehicles, one for daily use, and my 2014 Patrol for holidays and occasional weekend trips. As I am now retired and on a set income, holidays & trips needed to be well planed and funded for. My Patrol's insurance will soon be due and I'll be looking for a good price.

What I want may not exist .... reduced price for reduced use, equals reduced risk.

Does Club 4X4 offer a reduced price for those people that only use their 4WD less frequently than the annual average? Since retiring and buying a second vehicle, I estimate my 4WD will only travel between 5 - 6 thousand K's per year and while not in use, be parked in a locked garage with someone home most of the time. Having worked for an insurance company for 35 years, I am well aware that perceived "risk" is the driving factor in determine costs ( also profits for shareholders ), surely the situation I describe warrants a reduced price due to the reduced risk.
    Is this something that Club 4X4 offers?

Bazza
    Hi Bazza,

The idea of launching a "limited use" coverage is one that is in the pipeline, but not available at the moment.

Stay tuned.

Cheers

Kalen

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey Kalen,

This thread has been a really interesting read. My current insurance is up soon and i'm doing the usual hunt for a new deal.

Wondering where you guys sit with this situation...

I've got 2 sets of tires, a set of 32" BFG KO2's and set of 35" BFG KM2's.
    I use the 35" when doing some of the more hardcore tracks but more often than not, I'm on the 32's. The patrol isn't my daily driver, it sits in the carport unless i'm going out 4wding.

Obviously no insurance will cover me for incidents on road with 35"s, that's fair enough.
    My question is, would I be covered with Club 4x4 if my rig was stolen from my carport while sitting on the 35"s? I don't always change back to the 32"s after every hard weekend on the tracks but i want to have the piece of mind that I will be covered if the rig is stolen or somehow damaged while in my carport.

Also, would I be insured while using the 35"s off road? Lets say a river crossing in the High Country goes bad or a rollover happens. Am i covered then? I ask because we all know bigger tires improve off-road performance, they are a benefit while off road, would I be covered in the event of a single vehicle indecent while off road?

I live in Victoria where 35"s are not road worthy even with an engineer cert. Sadly that's the law for a vehicle on the road but its the off-road use i'm interested in.

One last side question, do you cover damage caused by contaminated fuel? (I seen you posted a link to Facebook a while ago but i couldn't find the post on your fb page)

Look forward to hearing from you mate

Thanks
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Elz View Post
    Hey Kalen,

This thread has been a really interesting read. My current insurance is up soon and i'm doing the usual hunt for a new deal.

Wondering where you guys sit with this situation...

I've got 2 sets of tires, a set of 32" BFG KO2's and set of 35" BFG KM2's.
    I use the 35" when doing some of the more hardcore tracks but more often than not, I'm on the 32's. The patrol isn't my daily driver, it sits in the carport unless i'm going out 4wding.

Obviously no insurance will cover me for incidents on road with 35"s, that's fair enough.
    My question is, would I be covered with Club 4x4 if my rig was stolen from my carport while sitting on the 35"s? I don't always change back to the 32"s after every hard weekend on the tracks but i want to have the piece of mind that I will be covered if the rig is stolen or somehow damaged while in my carport.

Also, would I be insured while using the 35"s off road? Lets say a river crossing in the High Country goes bad or a rollover happens. Am i covered then? I ask because we all know bigger tires improve off-road performance, they are a benefit while off road, would I be covered in the event of a single vehicle indecent while off road?

I live in Victoria where 35"s are not road worthy even with an engineer cert. Sadly that's the law for a vehicle on the road but its the off-road use i'm interested in.

One last side question, do you cover damage caused by contaminated fuel? (I seen you posted a link to Facebook a while ago but i couldn't find the post on your fb page)

Look forward to hearing from you mate
    G'day Elz,

Will try to answer all of your questions.

Like any insurer, we put the onus around legality of modifications in the hands of the policyholder/owner of vehicle. To me it sounds like you have a solid grasp on the legalities so i will leave that bit alone. The general view is that if an illegal modification is fond to have contributed to any claim, the claim may be reduced to declined. It's important to note that there is nothing distinguishing the treatment regardless of whether a claim occurs on a sealed road or dirty road/track.

In terms of theft you would be fine as the mods can't contribute to that (other than making it more attractive to thieves!)

I can confirm that Fuel Contamination is certainly something we cover - i believe this is the article you were looking for!http://www.club4x4.com.au/news-updat...aminated-fuel/

Hope that helps mate - please keep the conversation going

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Club 4x4 For This Useful Post:

juzzs8 (29th August 2016)

Page 16 of 31 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast