User Tag List

Thread: Tb42 carb dual fuel, fuel pump setup

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Tb42 carb dual fuel, fuel pump setup

Anyone got pics of how their mechanical fuel pumps are setup on dual fuel? My Gq hasn't been running on petrol for awhile and I'm looking to get it running on it.

The inlet and outlet hoses on my fuel pump were just plumbed together with a single hose, and the return hose (from fuel pump) is hooked up to the return fuel line to the fuel tank (which should be right I think).

There is a hose coming from my supply fuel line to my fuel filter, then to the back of the little gold flow box (pictured in the 2ndrd pic on the left), then from that to the lock off valve, then to the carby.
    What needs to be done to the inlet and outlet on the fuel pump? Getting abit confused trying to figure it out. Cheers!

Pics attached
    Attached Images Attached Images

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Thanked 6,868 Times in 3,667 Posts
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Hopefully someone will be along soon to help. I'll try to get a photo if it's not dark when I get home. BUT...be prepared for a lot of carby issues as they don't like being run on straight gas for long periods of time and if the pump has been disabled on purpose then it's likely there's other issues.

>>>tappin from tassie
    Hello from Under Down Under!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to taslucas For This Useful Post:

dom14 (3rd August 2016)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by taslucas View Post
    Hopefully someone will be along soon to help. I'll try to get a photo if it's not dark when I get home. BUT...be prepared for a lot of carby issues as they don't like being run on straight gas for long periods of time and if the pump has been disabled on purpose then it's likely there's other issues.

>>>tappin from tassie
    Thanks matey, yeah I am prepared lol, when I got it, it looked like someone had pulled mechanical pump off, refit it really dodgily lol it was just a mess, and just put random hoses on it, so I've put new hoses on it, new fuel filter and got another fuel pump In good order that was recently being used.

I noticed the petrol tank is ceompletely dry so I'm going to pull her out and give it a clean out first.

Thanks
    Thanked 6,868 Times in 3,667 Posts
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Nice! Well it sounds like there might be some fun to be had.

>>>tappin from tassie
    Hello from Under Down Under!

Thanks
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MRBlueGQ View Post
    Thanks matey, yeah I am prepared lol, when I got it, it looked like someone had pulled mechanical pump off, refit it really dodgily lol it was just a mess, and just put random hoses on it, so I've put new hoses on it, new fuel filter and got another fuel pump In good order that was recently being used.

I noticed the petrol tank is ceompletely dry so I'm going to pull her out and give it a clean out first.
    Oh, yes. You're gonna have lot of fun with lowering the petrol tank, which is more than likely a custom made tank.

Make sure to check to see if there's strainer in the tank pickup, and if not, install a one.

In the first picture on left side, I'm seeing an aftermarket electric fuel pump, so it looks like the mechanical pump has been plugged up for a good reason.
    In the second picture, I can see a hose coming out of the mechanical pump, but also can see hose connected between two ends of the pump, so I'm not sure what's that about.
    From the first picture, it looks like the aftermarket pump is the one that's connected to the supply line.
    RB30, some 2-3 inch lift auxiliary LPG tanks
    Few more mods on the way
    http://www.worldwildlife.org/species/tiger
    https://www.panthera.org/
    Cheetah Outreach

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for your reply Dom, what do you mean I will have a problem lowering the tank? I could have it out in 5 minutes. And no it's not custom, it's factory.
    I only realized the other night that the little gold box with flow on it is actually an electric fuel pump, hence why I've been so confused haha

Thanks
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MRBlueGQ View Post
    Thanks for your reply Dom, what do you mean I will have a problem lowering the tank? I could have it out in 5 minutes. And no it's not custom, it's factory.
    I only realized the other night that the little gold box with flow on it is actually an electric fuel pump, hence why I've been so confused haha
    I purchased the same pump for mine to install a redundant pump for mine, 'cos my existing pump is an old intank and it can die anytime.

No dramas if yours is the factory tank, so you should be able to access it from inside the vehicle using the factory access hole, right above the sender unit of the tank. Aftermarket tanks are PITA to deal with 'cos they are usually bigger, heavier and tight fits. I don't think you have to lower the tank, unless for some reason there's no access hole from inside of the vehicle, which is not likely. If the access hole doesn't line up with the tank sender, then factory tank has been moved or it is not a factory tank.
    Cheers
    Few more mods on the way
    Cheetah Outreach

Thanks
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dom14 View Post
    I purchased the same pump for mine to install a redundant pump for mine, 'cos my existing pump is an old intank and it can die anytime.

No dramas if yours is the factory tank, so you should be able to access it from inside the vehicle using the factory access hole, right above the sender unit of the tank. Aftermarket tanks are PITA to deal with 'cos they are usually bigger, heavier and tight fits. I don't think you have to lower the tank, unless for some reason there's no access hole from inside of the vehicle, which is not likely. If the access hole doesn't line up with the tank sender, then factory tank has been moved or it is not a factory tank.
    Cheers
    I should add below to clarify the above.
    Aftermarket tanks don't align with the factory access hole. So, lowering them or dropping them is necessary to access the sender unit/intank pump.
    Few more mods on the way
    Cheetah Outreach