Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Help me find shocks and coils for the orange beast

Hi all.
    I have a gq 97 2.8t and its time to renew the suspension for a smoother ride.

Its got 4” lift (no bodylift) and is running 38” tires on 15” wide rims

I have been thinking about going airbags in the rear but im a suspension newb so opinions are welcome.

Current use of the car is offroad gravel, extreemly rough iceland terrain and heavy snow and glacier travel so flex is important.
    I would love to be able to do 90km/h on corrugated roads with out feeling it.

When offroad i take the tires to 12-10psi and on snow it can go down to 4 for extra float.

Ive been thinking about 6” fox but need more options

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Thanked 13,451 Times in 6,588 Posts
    Mentioned
    322 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Do you have a budget mate? And what suppliers do you have where tu ou are? Sik car!

Be careful quoting 6" as most suppliers will quote open closed length oe travel length. You should be looking for 12" remote res shocks. I dont think airbags offer you any advantage for what your doing.

Fox
    Icon
    Kings
    80series BP51s
    Its a Nissan! =====> Its a Keeper!! ....... Got a TD42 in it BONUS!! ....... I'm a lucky bugger! I've got 2 of em!
    Check out my Toy --> MudRunnerTD's GQ From the Ground Up

Quote Originally Posted by Rogue Dung Beetle View Post
    Wish it was Nissan though, Toyotas just can't keep up with the Pootrol pace.
    The only good thing about an 80 series is..... the front end?? Wrong!!, the Engine?? Wrong!! the Full Time 4WD system?? Wrong!! Its the NissanPatrol.com.au stubby holder fitted over the transfer lever.
    WARNING: Towballs used for recoveries can, and do kill people and damage property.

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MudRunnerTD View Post
    Do you have a budget mate? And what suppliers do you have where tu ou are? Sik car!

Be careful quoting 6" as most suppliers will quote open closed length oe travel length. You should be looking for 12" remote res shocks. I dont think airbags offer you any advantage for what your doing.

Fox
    Icon
    Kings
    80series BP51s
    Budget is very open. I have a supplier for fox here in iceland but i think i might import myself so all options are open. I was thinking kings but then its 1000 dollars a corner

Thanks
    Thanked 13,451 Times in 6,588 Posts
    Mentioned
    322 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    OLD Man Emu are just about to release the BP51 shocks for an 80 seeires toyota. They are a direct bolt in for the front end of the GQ and are longer thatn the GQ variant. They come in 12" which wouls suit you well.
    Its a Nissan! =====> Its a Keeper!! ....... Got a TD42 in it BONUS!! ....... I'm a lucky bugger! I've got 2 of em!
    Check out my Toy --> MudRunnerTD's GQ From the Ground Up

Quote Originally Posted by Rogue Dung Beetle View Post
    Wish it was Nissan though, Toyotas just can't keep up with the Pootrol pace.
    The only good thing about an 80 series is..... the front end?? Wrong!!, the Engine?? Wrong!! the Full Time 4WD system?? Wrong!! Its the NissanPatrol.com.au stubby holder fitted over the transfer lever.
    WARNING: Towballs used for recoveries can, and do kill people and damage property.

Thanks
    Thanked 4,041 Times in 1,746 Posts
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you have a local fox dealer, stick with them, much better for parts and servicing
    96 GQ coil/Cab
    08 G6eT

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ben-e-boy View Post
    If you have a local fox dealer, stick with them, much better for parts and servicing
    Fox here is 1000 dollars a corner... the benefits of living on a bloody island... everything is taxed to hell and back

Thanks
    Thanked 4,041 Times in 1,746 Posts
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you can import fox for cheaper then I would do that. Chances are you'll get your gear and won't be 100% to your personal taste or your rig (everyone supplies gear for A patrol, not YOUR patrol) if you have fox, you have local support, local spares, local tuning, local knowledge.

If you are spending good money on high end shocks, it's got to be 100%
    96 GQ coil/Cab
    08 G6eT

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ben-e-boy View Post
    If you can import fox for cheaper then I would do that. Chances are you'll get your gear and won't be 100% to your personal taste or your rig (everyone supplies gear for A patrol, not YOUR patrol) if you have fox, you have local support, local spares, local tuning, local knowledge.

If you are spending good money on high end shocks, it's got to be 100%
    Yeah you got a good point there. Then i can also drop the car off and they will fitt everything and tune it