2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yep. thought so. thanks for the quick bit of advice... faster than Mr Google

Advanced
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey guys interesting and useful thread but i am in the position to get a patrol round the 02-04 vintage im looking at the 3.0ltr but getting concerened with all the conflicted reviews. What if any differences are there between the 02-04 year models? And obviously the 4.2ltr is the favoured heart in the troll but does that stand for the whole range right back to 99? Are the older 4.2's all good?
    thanks in advance

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Interesting read and some good points made. I am in the market for a Patrol with a budget of about $10000. This means I am looking at a 1999 - 2003 model. I was leaning towards a 2.8l due to the grenade reputation. I have seen a 2001 3.0 with 450000km on it so cant all be bad.

Patrol God
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,110 Times in 3,143 Posts
    Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    There are many out there mate with very high KMs . But then again , I believe all the grenade candidate ones have already popped. Although even the new CRDs are going bang.
    You can always score a 3L and the NADs it and hope for the best.
    2005 TD42TI

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Hodge For This Useful Post:

4bye4 (31st July 2015)

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    hey guys. just after a bit of advice. im looking at a 03 navara d22 zd30 with 400,000 on the clock, its $4000, is it safe to say that if it was going to grinade it would of done it by now, secondly how many kms are people getting out of a zd30? after all they arent a td42.

thanks. James

Thanks
    Thanked 2,537 Times in 1,299 Posts
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nethergate View Post
    hey guys. just after a bit of advice. im looking at a 03 navara d22 zd30 with 400,000 on the clock, its $4000, is it safe to say that if it was going to grinade it would of done it by now,
    No, it would appear to have lasted so far but grenades can happen at any time.

secondly how many kms are people getting out of a zd30? after all they arent a td42.
    It varies, I have 230,000ish on mine and another club member over here has 300,000ish with no issues. Plenty of peeps have had failures below that number of ks even on td42s.
    A Navara with 400,000 on the clock will have some wear and tear, not only in the motor. It depends on the individual vehicle. Maybe you should try a Navara forum, I think there is one.
    2005 GU IV ST 3.0. Snorkel. Roof rack. Awning. Spots. Welded I/C. Dual batteries & VSR. UHF. Barn door hinge extension. Roof top spot lights. Rear drawers. 2" lift. NADS. EGT and boost gauges. Trans temp and water temp gauges. Provent 200 catch can. Rear ladder

And crawling on the planet's face, some insects called the human race. Lost in time. And lost in space... and meaning.

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks mate. Been a member for ages so thought I'd try the clowns I know lol. Thanks for or help

11. The Following User Says Thank You to nethergate For This Useful Post:

BigRAWesty (7th April 2017)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey guys new here my intro in the intro forum, but I own a 2010 GU Patrol ZD30CRD and I stand by my car and defend when I can. A lot of people who debate about these engines really​ don't know much about them just state the same negative issues over and over again without knowing what is really going on. I have owned my truck for 3 years going on 4 and have not had any "common" 3ltr issues as people state. For a good 2.5 years I didn't have the EGR blocked and ran a 2.5" exhaust, I didn't want 3" as a lot of people experience boost spikes. It has been through heaps with me, had good times and bad times. At one stage the engine bay caught on fire from the turbo getting hot! And when it was hot I mean hot, fire was sparked from the fabric on the back of the engine bay, we were able too put it out haha. This all happened on Bribie Island beach and I had a bad spilt on my dump pipe so not only did I have a bad leak I also had a lot of the heat escaping and not getting out the back. But she's still kicking and going better than ever, it has since had EGR blocked but that's about it. These engines are strong, they produce power and can be modded for more power. You can't say bad things about a motor unless you have actually owned one, as they say you can't judge a book by it's cover and the same goes here you can't judge a motor just by what other people have said! Overall I'm very happy with my truck!

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Seyko For This Useful Post:

Oh no Al (10th May 2017)

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Does anyone know a mechanic in Adelaide that can do the nads mods?

Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 412131415 LastLast