Page 56 of 64 FirstFirst ... 6465455565758 ... LastLast

Thread: Turbo Upgrades for the GUIV TD42Ti

Thanks
    Thanked 13,452 Times in 6,588 Posts
    Mentioned
    324 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Fit your airbox and snork to suit 4" and run your 4" plumbing all the way to the turbo and then a reducer onto the turbo. You might need to swap rhe reducer for the new turbo if at all, the rest will be perfect.

Staying with the CC top mount mate? You have spent the money so cant imagine you swapping it out.

The lift pump really is a bonus as the fuel pump relies on vacuum a lift pump feeds the pump. Such a small inbestment it was a no brainer mate.
    Its a Nissan! =====> Its a Keeper!! ....... Got a TD42 in it BONUS!! ....... I'm a lucky bugger! I've got 2 of em!
    Check out my Toy --> MudRunnerTD's GQ From the Ground Up

Quote Originally Posted by Rogue Dung Beetle View Post
    Wish it was Nissan though, Toyotas just can't keep up with the Pootrol pace.
    The only good thing about an 80 series is..... the front end?? Wrong!!, the Engine?? Wrong!! the Full Time 4WD system?? Wrong!! Its the NissanPatrol.com.au stubby holder fitted over the transfer lever.
    WARNING: Towballs used for recoveries can, and do kill people and damage property.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to MudRunnerTD For This Useful Post:

Hodge (24th November 2018)

3. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Thanked 6,915 Times in 2,749 Posts
    Mentioned
    190 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If your taking everything to Andy to fit just get him to take it to lilydale mufflers & towbars. Only a minute away and are really good, will be able to do a dump pipe no probs. If you need anything stainless between airbox & turbo can do that 2. .

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Rossco For This Useful Post:

Hodge (24th November 2018)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    190 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey Hodge, what airbox you running currently and are you changing / upgrading? I wouldn't bother running 4" to HT18 I would just do it all together when the turbo goes in, likely it won't line up from old to new and will be a waste of time/ money to do twice, that's what happened with mine from Safari to Borg Warner. Also Andy usually takes off most of Jan but probably good to get in once he's nice and refreshed hopefully

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Rossco For This Useful Post:

Hodge (25th November 2018)

Patrol God
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,095 Times in 3,139 Posts
    Mentioned
    174 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MudRunnerTD View Post
    Fit your airbox and snork to suit 4" and run your 4" plumbing all the way to the turbo and then a reducer onto the turbo. You might need to swap rhe reducer for the new turbo if at all, the rest will be perfect.

Staying with the CC top mount mate? You have spent the money so cant imagine you swapping it out.

The lift pump really is a bonus as the fuel pump relies on vacuum a lift pump feeds the pump. Such a small inbestment it was a no brainer mate.
    I'll definitely be keeping the big cooler. Bit of coin involved in that, so it's staying, and it definitely does the job.
    I guess I'll look at the inline pump too. That's one of the things that can be added any time so, not a priority.

Quote Originally Posted by Rossco View Post
    If your taking everything to Andy to fit just get him to take it to lilydale mufflers & towbars. Only a minute away and are really good, will be able to do a dump pipe no probs. If you need anything stainless between airbox & turbo can do that 2.
    Ok cheers. I'll ring him up and ask if he'd be happy to arrange something like that.
    Taking it there is just something I'm toying with now. When he returns I guess, he may or may not be booked out well into Feb or beyond. BUT, I am in no great rush.

Hey Hodge, what airbox you running currently and are you changing / upgrading? I wouldn't bother running 4" to HT18 I would just do it all together when the turbo goes in, likely it won't line up from old to new and will be a waste of time/ money to do twice, that's what happened with mine from Safari to Borg Warner. Also Andy usually takes off most of Jan but probably good to get in once he's nice and refreshed hopefully
    Currently just a factory box with a Safari snorkel.
    As Darren mentioned above reason I'd like to do this prior is to break the job into portions... I'm not fussed if I have to replace a hose or a reducer when the new snail goes on.

I'll catch up with Darren soon and I'll have a look and a chat about his one up close and personal.
    A little part of me wants to attack this my self. I know a lot of it is just nuts and bolts.
    My main concern or those water and oil hoses. If I could get my head around them. Can't see much of it being rocket science.

But I'll see !!
    2005 TD42TI

Thanks
    Mentioned
    190 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah have a go for sure Hodgey sure you'll be right, will definitely be a SUBSTANTIAL saving doing stuff yourself. Once you have the turbo you'll be able to workl out fittings plus look @ Dazs or another TD and work it where stuff needs to go then do a Pirtek visit. .

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Rossco For This Useful Post:

Hodge (25th November 2018)

Patrol God
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    174 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Yeah have a go for sure Hodgey sure you'll be right, will definitely be a SUBSTANTIAL saving doing stuff yourself. Once you have the turbo you'll be able to workl out fittings plus look @ Dazs or another TD and work it where stuff needs to go then do a Pirtek visit. .
    Yeah I am definitely keen on attacking this . As i am in no rush, I'll have ample time to do research, gather bits etc... and grow larger knackers to do the job lol.

Been reading a lot this morning about this turbo. Old mav on the other forum has some pretty decent tech info on this too.

Also found nissannewbys thread too from last year. Lot of good info and photos giving a clear idea on whats going on.

http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forum...Warner-EFR6758
    2005 TD42TI

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Hodge For This Useful Post:

MudRunnerTD (25th November 2018), Rossco (25th November 2018)

Patrol God
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    174 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Dumb question ...
    Is it possible , that a fitting kit, mainly oil and water ins and out hoses , from another turbo would suit the Borg Warner. Or are the threads & sizes of fittings unique to BW , hence why a a custom assembly of parts has to be bought and made ?

I notice the Mamba and Kinugawa turbos have pre built kits for a TD42 everywhere.

Example :
    https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?m...2F172736554894

Also this is the best price . I've found this far for the turbo.

https://www.sparesbox.com.au/part/bo...wg-efr179388sp

Sent from my SM-N920I using Tapatalk
    2005 TD42TI

Thanks
    Thanked 13,452 Times in 6,588 Posts
    Mentioned
    324 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hodge View Post
    Dumb question ...
    Is it possible , that a fitting kit, mainly oil and water ins and out hoses , from another turbo would suit the Borg Warner. Or are the threads & sizes of fittings unique to BW , hence why a a custom assembly of parts has to be bought and made ?

I notice the Mamba and Kinugawa turbos have pre built kits for a TD42 everywhere.

Example :
    https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?m...2F172736554894

Also this is the best price . I've found this far for the turbo.

https://www.sparesbox.com.au/part/bo...wg-efr179388sp

Sent from my SM-N920I using Tapatalk
    @AB was my guide for fittings and hoses mate. His head was all over it.
    Its a Nissan! =====> Its a Keeper!! ....... Got a TD42 in it BONUS!! ....... I'm a lucky bugger! I've got 2 of em!
    Check out my Toy --> MudRunnerTD's GQ From the Ground Up

Quote Originally Posted by Rogue Dung Beetle View Post
    Wish it was Nissan though, Toyotas just can't keep up with the Pootrol pace.
    The only good thing about an 80 series is..... the front end?? Wrong!!, the Engine?? Wrong!! the Full Time 4WD system?? Wrong!! Its the NissanPatrol.com.au stubby holder fitted over the transfer lever.
    WARNING: Towballs used for recoveries can, and do kill people and damage property.

Thanks
    Thanked 20,714 Times in 8,559 Posts
    Mentioned
    579 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Can you park your car up in the shed for a couple of days Hodgey?

If so then the best way to do it is to mount your turbo and create your own lines using wire like a coat hanger with the best path to each feed/drain.

Then with your old turbo lines, new wire paths and the New turbo take all that into Pirtek and get them to create it all for you.

You should be able to utilise some of your old lines to save $ but just see what they say mate.

They'll match threads etc and work their wizardry!

My pic below pretty much shows all of the lines.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to AB For This Useful Post:

Hodge (25th November 2018), MudRunnerTD (25th November 2018)

Patrol God
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    174 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by AB View Post
    Can you park your car up in the shed for a couple of days Hodgey?

If so then the best way to do it is to mount your turbo and create your own lines using wire like a coat hanger with the best path to each feed/drain.

Then with your old turbo lines, new wire paths and the New turbo take all that into Pirtek and get them to create it all for you.

You should be able to utilise some of your old lines to save $ but just see what they say mate.

They'll match threads etc and work their wizardry!

My pic below pretty much shows all of the lines.
    Thanks Andy!
    With any luck I'll be able to slot it into our diesel mechanics workshop for a few days as Pirtek is literally 7 doors down in Tullamarine.
    It's a lot for me to swallow as ive never had a go at something like this.

So the most detrimental part is that oil drain right ? Has to be easy flowing with minimal bends or kinks to dispose of oil.
    This was your initial down fall???

I have been reading the huge EFR6758 thread on the other forum and fark me dead, my head hurts.
    Maybe I'm looking into it way too deeply lol.
    2005 TD42TI

Page 56 of 64 FirstFirst ... 6465455565758 ... LastLast