Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: ARB 47 Litre fridge with no power

Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ARB 47 Litre fridge with no power

Four weeks ago on a trip up near Marysville my 47 Litre ARB fridge gave up the ghost. Error light started flashing and it stopped cooling. We tried a couple of different power leeds and 3 different power sockets and two batteries. Still no cooling. By the end of the day there was no power at all. No lights, no led screen. Tested with 240 volts and again no power.

Checked the receipt and its farking 8 days out of warranty. Took it in to ARB and am hoping for a good will fix as its a bloody expensive ice box otherwise. Its been with them for 4 weeks and i cant get an update as to what is happening. I have tried the store I dropped it off at as well as the head office where it was sent. They say they will look into it and call me back but I am still waiting......

Just thought I would have a bit of a rant as its bloody frustrating. Should have bought an Engel ??
    2007 DX CRD Wagon - EFS 2" lift, BOSS Chassis Brace Kit, Steel Bull Bar, Runva 9500-Q winch, FyrLyt's, Rock Sliders, Rear bar with wheel and twin jerry carriers, Drawers, Fridge slide, dual battery, Red Arc BCDC 1220, Red Arc EGT/Boost gauge, Scangauge, Uniden UHF, Prodigy P2 brake controller, CC Intercooler, Pacemaker 3" zhaust, HPD Dawes, ECU Remap.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Thanked 1,911 Times in 1,256 Posts
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I had some trouble with mine but the cause was the cig plug , I was lucky because I had an inverter to plug it into and continue on with the camping trip .
    Only other problem I have is the cheap arse latch pin keeps trying to get away from the fridge .
    For the money should have got an Engel but they didn't have one the size I wanted .
    It didn't do that well when we had a couple of weeks of mid 40s plus when travelling round oz but I think most fridges are rated xx below ambient temps anyway .

4. The Following User Says Thank You to GQtdauto For This Useful Post:

Rock Trol (30th March 2017)

Thanks
    Thanked 7,424 Times in 3,003 Posts
    Mentioned
    174 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hmm don't like the sound of this, I've got two ARB's 60l & a 35l. I've had'em both several years now, but have never used them for more than about a week at a time yet. No complaints, but we'll be relying on them full time in the not too distant future.

2006 4.2TDi ex-Telstra Remote area Camper. 425w roof mounted solar, 360Ah Aux batts, BCDC1240, Onboard hot & cold pressurised & filtered water, (25 litre hot water calorifier), ARB fridge, ARB freezer, Built in kitchen, heaps of easy access storage, 240v, 3” Genie exhaust + dynotune, 2” lift, 3900kg GVM upgrade, second glovebox, ROH Blaktrak steel wheels, Bridgestone D697's (now Toyo RT's), Redarc gauges/pillarpod, Hema HX-1, Icom 450 CB, dual rear view cameras, Onboard 30amp Victron mains charger, second glovebox, dual seat conversion, TPMS, Boss PX7 onboard air with 9 litre tank, 350w inverter, Steel bullbar, Harrop Eaton diff lock (front), Warn winch, Snorkel, Dual spares , 160 litre water tank, 180 litre fuel in two tanks (approx 1200km range) 2010 Tvan Tanami. (incl another 70 litre water tank) with matching wheels/tyres (& 3rd spare)
    A Nomadic Life (Blog)

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Cuppa For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I like the fridge, especially the lid and how it comes off. I had circuit board problems with my old Waeco CF35 but it was under warranty so was fixed. Starting to have doubts about Dometic products and their electronics. If they dont fix it under warranty I will take it to a refrigeration mechanic and get them to put a simple thermostat, control knob and temp gauge on it. Should make it reliable then.
    2007 DX CRD Wagon - EFS 2" lift, BOSS Chassis Brace Kit, Steel Bull Bar, Runva 9500-Q winch, FyrLyt's, Rock Sliders, Rear bar with wheel and twin jerry carriers, Drawers, Fridge slide, dual battery, Red Arc BCDC 1220, Red Arc EGT/Boost gauge, Scangauge, Uniden UHF, Prodigy P2 brake controller, CC Intercooler, Pacemaker 3" zhaust, HPD Dawes, ECU Remap.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GQtdauto View Post
    I had some trouble with mine but the cause was the cig plug , I was lucky because I had an inverter to plug it into and continue on with the camping trip .
    I was using the ARB supplied Engel plug so it had a secure connection for sure.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cuppa View Post
    Hmm don't like the sound of this, I've got two ARB's 60l & a 35l. I've had'em both several years now, but have never used them for more than about a week at a time yet. No complaints, but we'll be relying on them full time in the not too distant future.
    I googled to see if there where many power problems with these fridges and could not find anything. It might be just me and Dometic fridges.......
    Only problem is that they have to be sent back to head office for repair so you cant get them fixed locally at a refrigeration place.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,911 Times in 1,256 Posts
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cuppa View Post
    Make sure you swap the cig plug for either the Engel replacement or just change it to Anderson plug Cuppa.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to GQtdauto For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 13,507 Times in 6,602 Posts
    Mentioned
    330 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rock Trol View Post
    Four weeks ago on a trip up near Marysville my 47 Litre ARB fridge gave up the ghost. Error light started flashing and it stopped cooling. We tried a couple of different power leeds and 3 different power sockets and two batteries. Still no cooling. By the end of the day there was no power at all. No lights, no led screen. Tested with 240 volts and again no power.

Checked the receipt and its farking 8 days out of warranty. Took it in to ARB and am hoping for a good will fix as its a bloody expensive ice box otherwise. Its been with them for 4 weeks and i cant get an update as to what is happening. I have tried the store I dropped it off at as well as the head office where it was sent. They say they will look into it and call me back but I am still waiting......

Just thought I would have a bit of a rant as its bloody frustrating. Should have bought an Engel ??
    8 days out of Warranty shouldn't really matter. The Warranty is really a reasonable time not a line in the sand, especially when talking about a big ticket item like this. It is reasonable that you should expect aq far longer life out of this item therefore the Law is on your side. Not Fit for Purpose. Be nice but bat Hard mate. Please keep us in the loop. I rate their fridge highly and for my money would buy one if i need to buy a fridge as i like everything about them. I own a 45 engel and an 80 Waeco.
    Its a Nissan! =====> Its a Keeper!! ....... Got a TD42 in it BONUS!! ....... I'm a lucky bugger! I've got 2 of em!
    Check out my Toy --> MudRunnerTD's GQ From the Ground Up

Quote Originally Posted by Rogue Dung Beetle View Post
    Wish it was Nissan though, Toyotas just can't keep up with the Pootrol pace.
    The only good thing about an 80 series is..... the front end?? Wrong!!, the Engine?? Wrong!! the Full Time 4WD system?? Wrong!! Its the NissanPatrol.com.au stubby holder fitted over the transfer lever.
    WARNING: Towballs used for recoveries can, and do kill people and damage property.

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MudRunnerTD For This Useful Post:

Bacho86 (30th March 2017), Rock Trol (30th March 2017)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MudRunnerTD View Post
    8 days out of Warranty shouldn't really matter. The Warranty is really a reasonable time not a line in the sand, especially when talking about a big ticket item like this. It is reasonable that you should expect aq far longer life out of this item therefore the Law is on your side. Not Fit for Purpose. Be nice but bat Hard mate. Please keep us in the loop. I rate their fridge highly and for my money would buy one if i need to buy a fridge as i like everything about them. I own a 45 engel and an 80 Waeco.

I like the fridge as well. And you are right about the warranty. 8 days out is not grounds to reject it under Australian consumer law. The Waeco had a common problem with the 5A polyfuse which was upgraded to a 7A fuse. With the ARB its a bit of a mystery as I couldnt find any similar problem on the net so hoping its a one off.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Rock Trol For This Useful Post:

MudRunnerTD (31st March 2017)

Thanks
    Thanked 7,424 Times in 3,003 Posts
    Mentioned
    174 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GQtdauto View Post
    Make sure you swap the cig plug for either the Engel replacement or just change it to Anderson plug Cuppa.
    Yup. I fitted Anderson plugs on them as soon as I bought them. Far more secure & 'vibration proof'. Anyone thinking of doing the same ..... be aware that the ARB ciggie plug has a fuse in it, so an inline fuse of the same capacity should be fitted close to the fridge when changing plugs.

2006 4.2TDi ex-Telstra Remote area Camper. 425w roof mounted solar, 360Ah Aux batts, BCDC1240, Onboard hot & cold pressurised & filtered water, (25 litre hot water calorifier), ARB fridge, ARB freezer, Built in kitchen, heaps of easy access storage, 240v, 3” Genie exhaust + dynotune, 2” lift, 3900kg GVM upgrade, second glovebox, ROH Blaktrak steel wheels, Bridgestone D697's (now Toyo RT's), Redarc gauges/pillarpod, Hema HX-1, Icom 450 CB, dual rear view cameras, Onboard 30amp Victron mains charger, second glovebox, dual seat conversion, TPMS, Boss PX7 onboard air with 9 litre tank, 350w inverter, Steel bullbar, Harrop Eaton diff lock (front), Warn winch, Snorkel, Dual spares , 160 litre water tank, 180 litre fuel in two tanks (approx 1200km range) 2010 Tvan Tanami. (incl another 70 litre water tank) with matching wheels/tyres (& 3rd spare)
    A Nomadic Life (Blog)

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast