Thread: Scanguage II - Xgauge boost settings

Advanced
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Scanguage II - Xgauge boost settings

Hi all. I received the Scanguage in the mail today. I have set up boost gauge as per this document.

I set at 13.2PSI atmospheric pressure for Maryborough QLD. (I hope that is correct).

The guage shows 1.3PSI at idle. Is that normal? should it be at 0?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Advanced
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just took it for a drive to the shops and on way back nothing was showing up for boost on lcd.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by azzacalabaza View Post
    Hi all. I received the Scanguage in the mail today. I have set up boost gauge as per this document.

I set at 13.2PSI atmospheric pressure for Maryborough QLD. (I hope that is correct).

The guage shows 1.3PSI at idle. Is that normal? should it be at 0?
    Yes, thats normal as the atmospheric pressure is not constant but varies during the day. The High and Low weather troughs you see on the news will affect that as well. Its common to see a little bit of boost when idling. If you want an accurate measurement then set it to MAP (Manifold Absolute Pressure) which will show you the true pressure in the intake manifold. For example when idling it will display 13-14 psi or there abouts and when under boost it will climb. Mine boosts up to 33-34 psi max.
    2007 DX CRD Wagon - EFS 2" lift, BOSS Chassis Brace Kit, Steel Bull Bar, Runva 9500-Q winch, FyrLyt's, Rock Sliders, Rear bar with wheel and twin jerry carriers, Drawers, Fridge slide, dual battery, Red Arc BCDC 1220, Red Arc EGT/Boost gauge, Scangauge, Uniden UHF, Prodigy P2 brake controller, CC Intercooler, Pacemaker 3" zhaust, HPD Dawes, ECU Remap.

Thanks
    Thanked 6,640 Times in 3,287 Posts
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    ^^^^ Wot he said X2

Most times you want to know the engine cylinder pressure as too much bends rods/blows gaskets etc

MAP is absolute pressure (Boost plus atmospheric) and that is what determines the cylinder pressure after compression.

Boost Pressure is only a measure of how well your Turbo is doing
    Dolphins are so smart that within a few weeks of captivity, they can train people to stand on the very edge of the pool and throw them fish.

Advanced
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks Guys. So what your saying is if you use MAP setting you just need to deduct the atmospheric pressure from the recorded pressure to get turbo pressure?

Sorry to ask dumb questions. I know about as much of mechanics as I do brain surgery.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by azzacalabaza View Post
    Thanks Guys. So what your saying is if you use MAP setting you just need to deduct the atmospheric pressure from the recorded pressure to get turbo pressure?

Sorry to ask dumb questions. I know about as much of mechanics as I do brain surgery.
    Yes, thats correct. You wont really know the exact atmospheric pressure at any given time but an average like the one you added will give you a ball park figure.
    2007 DX CRD Wagon - EFS 2" lift, BOSS Chassis Brace Kit, Steel Bull Bar, Runva 9500-Q winch, FyrLyt's, Rock Sliders, Rear bar with wheel and twin jerry carriers, Drawers, Fridge slide, dual battery, Red Arc BCDC 1220, Red Arc EGT/Boost gauge, Scangauge, Uniden UHF, Prodigy P2 brake controller, CC Intercooler, Pacemaker 3" zhaust, HPD Dawes, ECU Remap.

Advanced
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Awesome. Thanks again everyone.