Page 46 of 135 FirstFirst ... 3644454647485696 ... LastLast

Thread: All Things Chev

Thanks
    Thanked 5,663 Times in 3,158 Posts
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Cheap shit bushes will do that. Use genuine or someone who makes bushes to suit patrols and their intended use especially if looking at castor correction bushes. Superior do a fairly good castor correction bush as do arb.

Urethane are rubbish too.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to nissannewby For This Useful Post:

PeeBee (13th December 2016)

3. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Legendary
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,717 Times in 2,675 Posts
    Mentioned
    193 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nissannewby View Post
    Cheap shit bushes will do that. Use genuine or someone who makes bushes to suit patrols and their intended use especially if looking at castor correction bushes. Superior do a fairly good castor correction bush as do arb.

Urethane are rubbish too.
    Interesting you say ARB as the set they installed for me in 1997 on this GQ lasted until 2014. I might just go back there, however the hard line sales pitch to upgrade the suspension from Dobinsons to ARB is going to be a pain - again.

Expert
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by PBBIZ2 View Post
    Thanks Craig, Pedders did the installation. I am at a loss as to them failing. Pedders won't warrant them, full stop - say the chev is too heavy for the standard bush. I won't be taking it back to them, now just looking for a suitable bush with a guaranteed result. This barge has a really easy life, so whatever goes in should last forever.
    The chev is 80Kg heavier than the ZD30 and I was lead to believe it was a bout or only a tad heavier than the 4.2. What would peddles recommend if the engine was a 4.2 then?

Cheers
    Rainsey

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Legendary
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    193 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by rainsey View Post
    The chev is 80Kg heavier than the ZD30 and I was lead to believe it was a bout or only a tad heavier than the 4.2. What would peddles recommend if the engine was a 4.2 then?

Cheers
    Rainsey

No idea but they were recommending the urethane. I asked about grade and hardness, but it was catalog engineering, not application specific.

Expert
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No idea but they were recommending the urethane. I asked about grade and hardness, but it was catalog engineering, not application specific.
    Hmm... sorry, I tried urethane in my last truck and I could not wait to get rid of them. I found them very hard hence not very resilient and the ride was crap.

The best think with suspension i have found for an off road vehicle is rubber.

Just my experience, but never agin.

Cheers
    Rainsey

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to rainsey For This Useful Post:

PeeBee (15th December 2016), Ropes (23rd January 2017)

Legendary
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    193 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by rainsey View Post
    Hmm... sorry, I tried urethane in my last truck and I could not wait to get rid of them. I found them very hard hence not very resilient and the ride was crap.

The best think with suspension i have found for an off road vehicle is rubber.

Just my experience, but never agin.

Cheers
    Rainsey

Well guys, like most things, you only get the truth when you look and do something yourself. It wasn't until I saw the note from Ropes that something twigged, so I had a look at the rubber inserts myself and there is nothing wrong with them, 100% fine. The 'mechanic' at Pedders in Dandenong told me the pass side was totally rooted and collapsed. What it appears he saw was the rubber element metal insert that has a piece of rubber profile missing. So apologies for the waste of time.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to PeeBee For This Useful Post:

rainsey (15th December 2016), Ropes (15th December 2016)

Expert
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well guys, like most things, you only get the truth when you look and do something yourself. It wasn't until I saw the note from Ropes that something twigged, so I had a look at the rubber inserts myself and there is nothing wrong with them, 100% fine. The 'mechanic' at Pedders in Dandenong told me the pass side was totally rooted and collapsed. What it appears he saw was the rubber element metal insert that has a piece of rubber profile missing. So apologies for the waste of time.
    Its sort of depressing when you go to ' professionals' for help and they seem to have no idea. If suspension is their bread and butter, how the photon could they make such a stuff up?

12. The Following User Says Thank You to rainsey For This Useful Post:

PeeBee (15th December 2016)

Legendary
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    193 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Was speaking with BD today about parts arrival and gvm issues and found out Scotty has been taken to hospital, unsure how serious, but hope he recovers quickly. They don't expect him back before xmas.

One other thing, be aware the dipstick on the chev is held in place with silastic as a seal only, no clamp or threaded part. I have to change my sump and this little detail was disclosed when I could note work out how to pull the existing one apart. I guess it's a concern from a leak perspective as its below the oil fill line.

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to PeeBee For This Useful Post:

peterc99 (24th December 2016), rainsey (20th December 2016), Ropes (20th December 2016)

Legendary
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    193 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    OK, here is the clearer shot of the bracket installed. I am guessing this arrgt would be similar to yours? Anyway, when you get home you can advise. I will do a tracing of the bracket anyway as i am trying to get this thing together and once its bolted in I don't want to touch it!Attachment 69808
    OK, have the dual vee pulley installed, bracket in place, belt sorted out and DCV mounted ready for the hose guy. Couple of picks. The DCV is mounted behind the winch, which gives good access for installation, direct to winch and at the right height for the reservoir. Hope this helps PhilDSC01710.JPGDSC01721.JPGDSC01727.JPG

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Has anyone installed a 4L80E kit from Brunswick diesel? How did the kit go? Easy to fit?

Cheers,

Brad

Page 46 of 135 FirstFirst ... 3644454647485696 ... LastLast