Thread: Turbo Upgrades for the GUIV TD42Ti

Thanks
    Thanked 5,663 Times in 3,158 Posts
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MudRunnerTD View Post
    Do you just vent to atmosphere? At the moment it's returning into the intake.

I removed the main section and blanked off what I could. The pipe from the turbo around the back of the motor is still connected but blanked the intake end as it was to hard to remove without messing with the turbo from memory (8 years ago) I will remove the lot this time around.

I do.

The EGR system has a cooler which cools the exhaust gas before entering the cooling system. Removing this cooler will take some load off your cooling system as well. The pipe around the back can be removed with the turbo in place its just a little tricky.

As I have mentioned to you on the phone if someone has altered the static timing of your pump this wont be helping any of your causes.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to nissannewby For This Useful Post:

MudRunnerTD (22nd November 2016)

3. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Thanked 13,452 Times in 6,588 Posts
    Mentioned
    324 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nissannewby View Post
    I do.

The EGR system has a cooler which cools the exhaust gas before entering the cooling system. Removing this cooler will take some load off your cooling system as well. The pipe around the back can be removed with the turbo in place its just a little tricky.

As I have mentioned to you on the phone if someone has altered the static timing of your pump this wont be helping any of your causes.

Is that like a long Log style closed cooler like a water to air type log? Yes I have removed that assembly.
    Its a Nissan! =====> Its a Keeper!! ....... Got a TD42 in it BONUS!! ....... I'm a lucky bugger! I've got 2 of em!
    Check out my Toy --> MudRunnerTD's GQ From the Ground Up

Quote Originally Posted by Rogue Dung Beetle View Post
    Wish it was Nissan though, Toyotas just can't keep up with the Pootrol pace.
    The only good thing about an 80 series is..... the front end?? Wrong!!, the Engine?? Wrong!! the Full Time 4WD system?? Wrong!! Its the NissanPatrol.com.au stubby holder fitted over the transfer lever.
    WARNING: Towballs used for recoveries can, and do kill people and damage property.

Thanks
    Thanked 13,452 Times in 6,588 Posts
    Mentioned
    324 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    You can see my Oil drain slightly in one of those pics. However I am using the larger frame turbo than you guys and it all sits further forward. I just used the drain hose that was with the UFI 18G I had prior.
    So in the pic you can see the Water feed out the side of the block looping down then back up to the turbo yeah?

The hose with the formed bend in the middle of the pic is the Oil line and just needs to be a suitable oil hose with hose clamps?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Its a Nissan! =====> Its a Keeper!! ....... Got a TD42 in it BONUS!! ....... I'm a lucky bugger! I've got 2 of em!
    Check out my Toy --> MudRunnerTD's GQ From the Ground Up

Quote Originally Posted by Rogue Dung Beetle View Post
    Wish it was Nissan though, Toyotas just can't keep up with the Pootrol pace.
    The only good thing about an 80 series is..... the front end?? Wrong!!, the Engine?? Wrong!! the Full Time 4WD system?? Wrong!! Its the NissanPatrol.com.au stubby holder fitted over the transfer lever.
    WARNING: Towballs used for recoveries can, and do kill people and damage property.

Thanks
    Thanked 20,716 Times in 8,560 Posts
    Mentioned
    579 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    So in the pic you can see the Water feed out the side of the block looping down then back up to the turbo yeah? The hose with the formed bend in the middle of the pic is the Oil line and just needs to be a suitable oil hose with hose clamps? Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Yeah but you really want a nice flowing hose to your sump. You do not want any restriction here with twists or bends or restrictions otherwise you could end up like me potentially.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to AB For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Mentioned
    579 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Mine.......
    Too tight or not enough room for error to go above the oil drain line running the water feed with that system?

Thanks
    Thanked 5,663 Times in 3,158 Posts
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by AB View Post
    Too tight or not enough room for error to go above the oil drain line running the water feed with that system?
    I used heavy hose and it doesnt bend well. That hose is rated to over 5000psi

Also using a bigger frame turbo which puts everything in different places.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to nissannewby For This Useful Post:

The master farter
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,263 Times in 6,427 Posts
    Mentioned
    460 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I paid a little less than that actually but hey are listed on eBay for $240 or more so figured it was a pretty good price to be honest?
    @mudski I understand that the fan should not be on all the time or it will affect fuel economy and engine load. I understood it would engage at a certain temp and pull the temp down before disengaging. Not necessarily to hold the temp lower but rather pull it down faster when it engages. The water pump on the other hand should hold the temp better I'd have thought for sure. That's the plan anyway.
    Yeah engine load and fuel eco is of some concern. The fan noise is worse though...lol. Yeah correct on how it works but the issue is the hub disengages too early. There for not pulling the temps down enough. So thats where the hub oil comes in. But i am thinking i might have a little too much oil now in mine. It still requires more than whats originally in there but i may have too much in mine i think. I have the same water pump too as you have bought....

Sent from my SM-P600 using Tapatalk

12. The Following User Says Thank You to mudski For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 4,697 Times in 2,480 Posts
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the info daz, that fan looks like the Ufi one
    2003 gu3 td42tdi sold 😞 bloody gvm towing crap. Bt50 3500kg gvm.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I do.

I used the water connections for that cooler for my Glind. nice tidy job (for once!).
    Jon

15. The Following User Says Thank You to TheFlyingBadger For This Useful Post:

MudRunnerTD (23rd November 2016)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    579 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Are we all set for the weekend Dazz?

Looking forward to redlining a GU

17. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to AB For This Useful Post:

MudRunnerTD (28th November 2016), Stropp (28th November 2016), Winnie (28th November 2016)

Page 20 of 64 FirstFirst ... 10181920212230 ... LastLast