Page 49 of 64 FirstFirst ... 39474849505159 ... LastLast

Thread: Turbo Upgrades for the GUIV TD42Ti

Thanks
    Thanked 11,319 Times in 4,989 Posts
    Mentioned
    472 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What say y’all for Grasshoppers Masters :-)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Mentioned
    472 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So sad......MB 3rd self back post :-)
    Previous current ute setup was a decent ‘Safari’ snorkel to enormous Brunswick style 6.5 Donaldson paper canister. Bugs & Crud galore weekly. Best birthday I ever gave her was a Millweld visit for sure!

Thanks
    Thanked 13,495 Times in 6,598 Posts
    Mentioned
    330 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MB View Post
    So sad......MB 3rd self back post :-)
    Previous current ute setup was a decent ‘Safari’ snorkel to enormous Brunswick style 6.5 Donaldson paper canister. Bugs & Crud galore weekly. Best birthday I ever gave her was a Millweld visit for sure!

Nah mate, the best Birthday will be the next one for sure!! Will be a Beast mate.
    Its a Nissan! =====> Its a Keeper!! ....... Got a TD42 in it BONUS!! ....... I'm a lucky bugger! I've got 2 of em!
    Check out my Toy --> MudRunnerTD's GQ From the Ground Up

Quote Originally Posted by Rogue Dung Beetle View Post
    Wish it was Nissan though, Toyotas just can't keep up with the Pootrol pace.
    The only good thing about an 80 series is..... the front end?? Wrong!!, the Engine?? Wrong!! the Full Time 4WD system?? Wrong!! Its the NissanPatrol.com.au stubby holder fitted over the transfer lever.
    WARNING: Towballs used for recoveries can, and do kill people and damage property.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to MudRunnerTD For This Useful Post:

MB (14th November 2018)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    472 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Cheers Daz for sure thanks again old mate!
    Burson’s rung this arvo, T&E Leak Down Tester is on its way finally Gotta love V8’s, a spare two cylinders when in need

7. The Following User Says Thank You to MB For This Useful Post:

MudRunnerTD (14th November 2018)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,006 Times in 565 Posts
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Just completed dinner phase, lost the thread drift. Must say recon 4" snorkel with fwd(ram hd) or rear facing would provide for minimal difference in eng performance (TD or CRD), but am certain the noise generated from rear facing would be the cause of unwanted questioning re: the value of the mods,,,Also prefer the quieter option (happy campers) and spin my hd when needed.
    2008 GU WAG ST Manual CRD - To do the job

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Bidja For This Useful Post:

MB (15th November 2018)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rossco View Post
    Hey John, i would also seriously consider Millweld for airbox and snorkel i know i always spruke his stuff but cannot fault it at all and such good service and very reasonably priced. He did a totally custom jobbie on mine for the snorkel and airbox with ducting right up to the turbo and couldn't be happier with it. Give him a buzz see what he reckons not sure what he's got on the shelf, might have to drop it off with him for a couple of days but sure he can work his magic.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
    Rossco, Going to have a chat with Mill tomorrow, missed him today and was wondering what ram head you ended up with and also want to turn it rewards.

What build specifics can you advise me of for discussion with Mill, eg: the ram head and snorkel compatibility. Prefer recessed snorkel and also do a solid SS duct thru along inner guard for snorkel. Currently run 3" SS pipe to turbo inlet with MAF sensor port in place, of which should be able to be retained with the use of a silicon joiner. Interested in air box/snorkel combo.

Any advise is appreciated. If a good outcome, I will do a run to Mansfield for install.
    Last edited by Bidja; 15th November 2018 at 10:34 PM.

Thanks
    Thanked 6,917 Times in 2,750 Posts
    Mentioned
    192 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bidja View Post
    Rossco, Going to have a chat with Mill tomorrow, missed him today and was wondering what ram head you ended up with and also want to turn it rewards.

What build specifics can you advise me of for discussion with Mill, eg: the ram head and snorkel compatibility. Prefer recessed snorkel and also do a solid SS duct thru along inner guard for snorkel. Currently run 3" SS pipe to turbo inlet with MAF sensor port in place, of which should be able to be retained with the use of a silicon joiner. Interested in air box/snorkel combo.

Any advise is appreciated. If a good outcome, I will do a run to Mansfield for install.
    Hey John, snorkel head I bought beforehand from a truck place and is 4 in but don't know what brand it is tho. Mill uses the safari 3.5 inch head and fits inside the tube which i do kinda like. A bit controversial tho with some schools of thought saying it won't drain properly in heavy rain I did ask mill and he said if you utilize the drain be puts in it's not a problem at all. The drain in mine works a treat i reckon have driven in crazy storms and just open the trap the next day and all good.

Reckon if you nut it out in the day together he'll be able to work with whatever setup you want. Looking at Daz @ Muskis snorks really do like the recessed look the radius ones are very nice i reckon but think he could do something similar. Actually just thinking MBs is really good and recessed and that's a millweld.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Rossco; 16th November 2018 at 07:39 AM.

Legendary
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,717 Times in 2,675 Posts
    Mentioned
    193 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have a 4" Donaldson forward facing snorkel head on my SS snorkel. I don't think they look as 'finished' as the Safari, however are very strong and branch proof, it slides on the outside of the tube and drains externally. Its a bit more work in the fabrication though to get the head sitting vertical though. Noise wise its pretty quiet but you can hear it sucking when the revs get up.

Yes, and to @MB point, the airbox does fill up pretty quickly with bugs and crap, but the engine is also drawing a lot of air as well I guess.
    Last edited by PeeBee; 16th November 2018 at 08:53 AM.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Yeah Rossco, Mill does GU recessed, Safari do the 4" hd but if Mill does not carry I will pick one up. Will do rotating ram head, but must say in the 15 yrs of running fwd facing snorkels never needed to rotate them. Then again not much snow or convoy driving but good to have in case. Do like his drain set up.

Phil, recon both ram heads would do the job fine, profile a bit different and the drain slots on the outside drain the water ingress surprisingly well and yes as long as they are not blocked. But heavy rain, may open the tap as Rossco mentioned. I have stage 3 h/f turbo with safari snorkel and does like to draw the air thru, one main reason for upgrade and do not mind the throaty sound under load with revs up as I can hear that all is happy.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Bidja For This Useful Post:

PeeBee (16th November 2018)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Will post here. Millweld prefer to use 'Flex Duct' to run thru inner guard void to connect their SS snorkel (solid pipe) to air box. I prefer to use a solid SS 4" pipe section but Mill considers it is too labor intensive and room is limited, especially with recessed snorkel, Yes plenty of manufactures of 4" snorkels do use solid piping right thru with silicon joiners/bends.

My question is, has any one had experience with using the "flex duct" mat'l and how have you found its suitability and serviceability?

Page 49 of 64 FirstFirst ... 39474849505159 ... LastLast