Thanks
    Thanked 4,447 Times in 2,546 Posts
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @NIC some long drops are pretty gross mate if Jane wont use it then its bad

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sir Roofy For This Useful Post:

MyGU8 (18th January 2016), Rossco (18th January 2016)

3. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Thanked 4,665 Times in 3,125 Posts
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cuppa View Post
    It does seem that some people have a ’thing’ about using public toilets, & especially ‘long drops’.
    Not us though. Our Portapotti is for when camped at places where there is no public toilet & digging holes is inappropriate or as is not uncommon - impossible because of hard/rocky ground.
    Were the same as most times were near water..
    So a 100m dash is not always gunna end well..
    If out bush I do tend to dig a hole and empty portaloo contents. But mt gambier now has a free dump point at the show grounds so have used that a couple of times..
    We run the 100% biodegradable chemical..
    At $60 a bottle it's not cheap but it'll last a few years with the amount of time we use it..
    Cheers
    Kallen Westbrook

Thanks
    Thanked 4,882 Times in 3,232 Posts
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by rusty_nail View Post
    im sorry but can i just ask, why is using public toilets a problem?
    Personally I don't have a problem with public toilets and if there are public toilets available I will use them.

Unfortunately my daughter has a phobia of long drops and its much easier to take the portapotty then 2 put up with her carry on
    Time is never wasted when your wasted all the time

WARNING: Towballs used for recoveries can, and do kill people and damage property.

Thanks
    Thanked 7,424 Times in 3,003 Posts
    Mentioned
    174 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2006 4.2TDi ex-Telstra Remote area Camper. 425w roof mounted solar, 360Ah Aux batts, BCDC1240, Onboard hot & cold pressurised & filtered water, (25 litre hot water calorifier), ARB fridge, ARB freezer, Built in kitchen, heaps of easy access storage, 240v, 3” Genie exhaust + dynotune, 2” lift, 3900kg GVM upgrade, second glovebox, ROH Blaktrak steel wheels, Bridgestone D697's (now Toyo RT's), Redarc gauges/pillarpod, Hema HX-1, Icom 450 CB, dual rear view cameras, Onboard 30amp Victron mains charger, second glovebox, dual seat conversion, TPMS, Boss PX7 onboard air with 9 litre tank, 350w inverter, Steel bullbar, Harrop Eaton diff lock (front), Warn winch, Snorkel, Dual spares , 160 litre water tank, 180 litre fuel in two tanks (approx 1200km range) 2010 Tvan Tanami. (incl another 70 litre water tank) with matching wheels/tyres (& 3rd spare)
    A Nomadic Life (Blog)

7. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Cuppa For This Useful Post:

Bigcol (1st May 2016), mudnut (18th January 2016), NissanGQ4.2 (18th January 2016)

Thanks
    Thanked 12,428 Times in 6,262 Posts
    Mentioned
    202 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the info Cuppa, we bought a bottle of the Porta-Potti chemicals when we bought the toilet. (still unused) but when that bottle is empty we'll try the Napisan equivalents for sure.
    I'd heard of it before but never knew how to use it, or how much to use etc.

Expert
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by rusty_nail View Post
    im sorry but can i just ask, why is using public toilets a problem? is that what you mean? or are you saying when there are no toilets available? if thats what you mean tegan and I take a pop up toilet tent and have a fold-able toilet seat, its made from woven plastic so when we get home we just hose it off to clean it. we dig a decent hole and make sure that everything gets buried nice and deep.
    Maybe I was in at the wrong time, as it was almost end of school holidays, but the status of the long drop I saw wasn't really in good hygienic, it's all good for me, but for kids I am a bit worried, because i was planning to spend my time in camping than in hospital and I hope you know what will happen with missus if the kids get sick on boys day out....!.

Cheers,
    2012 CRD:
    DIYs;
    RedArc Dual battery
    Hifonics audio amp
    Reverse camera

Thanks
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I have an aldi porta loo and shower tent. Works a treat the missus is happy to go behind a tree when no one else is around. But even i have to admit for a no.2 it is a luxury. I even took it up camping/shooting with the boys and coped a heap of flack from them, yet they all used it....

Sent from my SM-G925I using Tapatalk

Thanks
    Thanked 12,428 Times in 6,262 Posts
    Mentioned
    202 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sooty_10 View Post
    I have an aldi porta loo and shower tent. Works a treat the missus is happy to go behind a tree when no one else is around. But even i have to admit for a no.2 it is a luxury. I even took it up camping/shooting with the boys and coped a heap of flack from them, yet they all used it....

Sent from my SM-G925I using Tapatalk
    Nah stuff em! If they're gonna give you shit about it then let them take their shit behind a tree! Hahaha

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Winnie For This Useful Post:

mudski (18th January 2016), sooty_10 (18th January 2016)

The master farter
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,319 Times in 6,443 Posts
    Mentioned
    462 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I just take a heap of charcoal tablets a day before my camping adventure and just eat plenty of meat. Lol.

Sent from my SM-P600 using Tapatalk

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mudski For This Useful Post:

Maxhead (26th January 2016), NissanGQ4.2 (19th January 2016)

Thanks
    Thanked 7,424 Times in 3,003 Posts
    Mentioned
    174 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A cautionary follow up tale to my previous posts suggesting the use of napisan type products.

We had a porta potti in the bus, but that was some time ago now.

This past weekend we ‘christened’ our new portapotti over a few days.
    We used the previous method of one spoonful of napisan type product per ‘deposit’.

Today we had a one hour drive to get home, but prior to packing up made a couple of fresh deposits
    Not remembering how long it took for everything to become liquid & being a tad concerned that the one hour drive home may not be sufficient I decided to throw in a few extra spoonfuls.

Back home approximately 4 hours after the last deposit & just prior to emptying I thought it a good idea to pull out the slide out to inspect the contents just to ensure I wasn’t going to have a blockage problem. (It had all liquified).

BIG MISTAKE! You know what happens when you shake up a can of beer & then open it wit your face over it?

Well what else could my wife do other than cackle & call me Sh*tface!!!

At least it didn’t stink!
    Last edited by Cuppa; 25th January 2016 at 08:24 PM.

2006 4.2TDi ex-Telstra Remote area Camper. 425w roof mounted solar, 360Ah Aux batts, BCDC1240, Onboard hot & cold pressurised & filtered water, (25 litre hot water calorifier), ARB fridge, ARB freezer, Built in kitchen, heaps of easy access storage, 240v, 3” Genie exhaust + dynotune, 2” lift, 3900kg GVM upgrade, second glovebox, ROH Blaktrak steel wheels, Bridgestone D697's (now Toyo RT's), Redarc gauges/pillarpod, Hema HX-1, Icom 450 CB, dual rear view cameras, Onboard 30amp Victron mains charger, second glovebox, dual seat conversion, TPMS, Boss PX7 onboard air with 9 litre tank, 350w inverter, Steel bullbar, Harrop Eaton diff lock (front), Warn winch, Snorkel, Dual spares , 160 litre water tank, 180 litre fuel in two tanks (approx 1200km range) 2010 Tvan Tanami. (incl another 70 litre water tank) with matching wheels/tyres (& 3rd spare)
    A Nomadic Life (Blog)

16. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Cuppa For This Useful Post:

Bigcol (30th April 2016), Clunk (25th January 2016), mudnut (1st May 2016), MudRunnerTD (30th April 2016), NissanGQ4.2 (30th April 2016), Touses (30th April 2016)

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast