Thread: GU engine options

Thanks
    Thanked 3,607 Times in 1,472 Posts
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MB View Post
    Apologies Kat Mate for ‘quoting’ like a toss pot here but hopefully makes sense at this time of night :-)

Tis truly excellent she feels comfortable and confident behind ‘Katrol’s’ big wheel and no doubt between Yourself & Steve you’ve both taught her how slow & steady driving wins all races!
    IMHO: Don’t worry too much about donk variants for her first ‘BoTrol’ even a cheap heavy 2.8L GU early faithful could do the job nicely.
    Plenty of big bunnies getting around your neck of the woods known too and I find our local neighbours lesser brand bar less twucks “fuel economy” spruiked savings are far outweighed by their panel beating shop time :-)

Shock & awe time, pictures tracked down tonight of my beloved old work GU faithful, 60 <> 60 kmph ‘P’ plate near ‘T’ bone lucky 18YO beautiful couple well foolishly survived thankfully

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Holy shit. We’re only looking at this particular GU as it’s fully loaded , but blown motor. After doing a bit more homework, it may not be viable after all. She’ll have to stick to her pulsar a little longer.

KATROL- The 2nd
    GU TD42TGi
    Not as pretty, but a whole lot tougher
    Silent member 1208
    Yes Michael, I bought a JEE.....60.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to katwoman For This Useful Post:

MB (4th December 2020)

3. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Thanked 11,242 Times in 4,952 Posts
    Mentioned
    468 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bugger, sorry to hear Kat Mate, sounds like it had some really good healthy fruit bolted on too, almost, but not quite ready to go (Katrol #2) just yet

Honest question for any Legends in the know out there safety wise for our Littlens first ‘rural’ cars:

Many manufacturers spruik ‘crumple zones’ impact safety and we’ve all no doubt viewed crash test dummies calculating solid block stationary walls in slow motion etc....

Physics wise, do they ever genuinely test unfortunate head on collisions and the variable oncoming weights upon either object like a Kangaroo, Deer, Bommodore versus say a Yanky Ford F650?

Thanks
    Thanked 11,242 Times in 4,952 Posts
    Mentioned
    468 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    FWIW: Horsey Mrs MB & 4YO StepDaughter back then and some 12 odd years ago now moved up to the Hills from open country with a Daewoo Lanos daily and a lowered HX-308 1 Tonner for weekend hauling nag needs. After a few very quick wildlife scares my offering of a 3.0T/3.0L with OEM bar was quickly snapped up, keep the two low riders sell off change before certain destruction

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12