Page 98 of 109 FirstFirst ... 488896979899100108 ... LastLast

Thread: Depression

Thanks
    Thanked 1,911 Times in 1,256 Posts
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I decided a few years ago that worrying about things I couldn't change in my life was eating me from the inside so now I concentrate on the things I can do and can change .

2. The Following User Says Thank You to GQtdauto For This Useful Post:

Evo (12th March 2018)

3. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Thanked 9,963 Times in 7,394 Posts
    Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    @Evo Ihad a similar problem since 91' I was lucky enough to pay the house off then
    but aside from that Im now on a DSP and still seeing surgeons, only yesterday had 2
    MRIs one a load bearing and the other similar to a CAT scan. avoid surgery at all costs
    What level is your problem? they have great gizmos to replace discs these days so you
    dont walk hunched over like I do, well I start off straight but by the end of the day Im hunched over.
    Workcover and TAC there is no charge for the MRI .I had mine at Epping nth of Melb.
    I hear your despair and hope you find some relief down the track, I dont 4x4 anymore
    but like my camping and can hear the Murray calling as I type lol
    04 ST 3lt auto, not enough Mods to keep me happy, but getting there

5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to threedogs For This Useful Post:

4bye4 (8th March 2018), Evo (12th March 2018), MB TD42 (18th March 2018)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by threedogs View Post
    @Evo Ihad a similar problem since 91' I was lucky enough to pay the house off then
    but aside from that Im now on a DSP and still seeing surgeons, only yesterday had 2
    MRIs one a load bearing and the other similar to a CAT scan. avoid surgery at all costs
    What level is your problem? they have great gizmos to replace discs these days so you
    dont walk hunched over like I do, well I start off straight but by the end of the day Im hunched over.
    Workcover and TAC there is no charge for the MRI .I had mine at Epping nth of Melb.
    I hear your despair and hope you find some relief down the track, I dont 4x4 anymore
    but like my camping and can hear the Murray calling as I type lol
    The house is a big weight on my mind...

As for scans and surgery, unfortunately not work related, etc, so any extra stuff besides xrays/ultrasound is at my own cost...
    Hoping to see one of these load bearing MRI machines available over here (if not already).
    Hope you relax by the river soon then lol
    Cheers,

Evo

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Evo For This Useful Post:

GQtdauto (18th March 2018), MB TD42 (18th March 2018)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Gday Evo,

Great to meet ya on the weekend mate...It was a pleasure.
    As for the dark...
    I wish I could say it gets easier but it just doesn't...
    I wish I could just serve you a cup of strength and luck but I have used all mine up.
    at best I can be an ear for your story or a shoulder to lean on when your all outa punch.

For me...

I was told to give up all that I love due to knee and back conditions and injuries mixed with arthritis and ongoing degenerative cartilage issues.
    I hate being told what to do...
    I reached out to people that have had to swim these waters before and I filled my mind with good stories and positive outcomes.
    I know it takes more than a story or a laugh to pull yourself out of the mud but it is a possibility as long as your heart beats and your sights are true.

I got hold of a power tower and had to burn kilos and get my core strength up and weight down.
    It took months of sore muscles and doubt to get any results. I was told to never stop moving only relax at night in bed.
    I now continue to manage my body but I do slip up and end up a bit further back than expected but hey' We aint flat roaders...we know there is no up without getting down...
    I have 2 young boys and a home to keep over their heads so there is no room for failure in my eyes, even though I do fail all the time.
    Having people who love you is a rare gift and not something you want to give up on.

I have bad days and good days...I cherish the 1 or 2 percent of the time that life goes right for me. I also know that if I had have given up on things when my chips were down I would never have met any of the great people like yourself that I know today.
    This is our only chance to be the best we can be. People like us get no free rides...We have to fight to hold ground and push forward but be sure this is something you can be proud of. It will make you stronger. You have to find a way to make it work.

I wish you strength, courage and determination on your journey. Only you can make it happen.
    We are not the same but be sure not to deceive yourself... trust only your positive thoughts.

Hope to catch up again on the trails soon.
    Quad-Drive 4WD Club...Western Australia

We're all here coz we ain't all there...

9. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to MB TD42 For This Useful Post:

Avo (14th March 2018), Evo (27th March 2018), GQtdauto (14th March 2018), mudnut (18th March 2018), Woof (14th March 2018)

Expert
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You guys are tough sons of a bitches.
    Yes you guys struggle with depression. Yes you feel pain, emptiness, Weird feelings etc.
    But still you guys are here standing tall . Fighting everyday.

I dont suffer depression but I suffer from anxiety. I avoid people at work that I have bad experiences with or I perceive them as bullies.
    I worry about the future and money all the time.

I undo that banjo bolt to check the guaze filter but I will keep going out checking if I dont it up properly or did I strip the thread etc.

Just sometimes can let things go.

Then it spirals and then I feel down or panick.

I go through great periods and then sometimes it compounds.

This has been my life. Definately a by product of my mild Tourettes Syndrome.

Besides that my life is good. Beautiful Family. 4 amazing kids.

Love my Nissan Patrol.

Good thing with age I have atleast accepted who I am and learnt that its a condition and not because Im weak or a coward that I worry about those people or situations.

I do wish all you guys the best.

We dont need to be those "Tough Aussie blokes"

We just need to be there for our friends and family.

11. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to drgtr For This Useful Post:

bazzaboy (15th June 2018), MB TD42 (18th March 2018), mudnut (18th March 2018), Woof (19th March 2018)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    drgtr on the plus side with Tourette's you get to swear and there's not a damn thing @AB can do about it suffer in yer jocks Clunk and Avo .
    Seriously though what you're going through must be tough and I know what you mean about confrontation and avoiding certain people , as for being emotional since the accident I tend to ball my eyes out if I see a kitten the missus and kids reckon it's hilarious.
    As long as you've accepted the way you are you should be fine but help is out there mate .

13. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to GQtdauto For This Useful Post:

drgtr (18th March 2018), MB TD42 (18th March 2018), Woof (19th March 2018)

Expert
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GQtdauto View Post
    drgtr on the plus side with Tourette's you get to swear and there's not a damn thing @AB can do about it suffer in yer jocks Clunk and Avo .
    Seriously though what you're going through must be tough and I know what you mean about confrontation and avoiding certain people , as for being emotional since the accident I tend to ball my eyes out if I see a kitten the missus and kids reckon it's hilarious.
    As long as you've accepted the way you are you should be fine but help is out there mate .
    lol Not that kind of tourettes, Thats the hollywood bullshit.

More of tics. eye twitch. clearing throat. Cranky neck.

Mild but when it comes. Its still very uncomfortable.

Moreso the byproducts are the anxiety and panick attacks..

woo wee.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to drgtr For This Useful Post:

GQtdauto (18th March 2018)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Going through some really depressing stuff at the moment dealing with 15 different companies chasing me for money from stuff that happened a long time ago and it’s putting a huge strain on my work and family and personal life. Works been a shitfest with nothing going my way and my health has been getting worse. My back is on its way out and the arthritis in my hips and knees is the worst it’s ever been and the worst part is my last mole check up with the doc ended with probably the worst news I’ve ever got. My misses recently started a full time job and she is more stressed than ever as well. Let alone the fact my patrol broke down so I’m without a car for the time being. Sorry for the rant. Needed to get some stuff of my chest
    Cheers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Currently own a ZD30 2000 GU patrol with a dead injector pump about to start a build on a TD42 motor to go in the car and basically rebuild the whole car into a machine of a rig

Thanks
    Thanked 2,537 Times in 1,299 Posts
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JackCollo View Post
    Going through some really depressing stuff at the moment dealing with 15 different companies chasing me for money from stuff that happened a long time ago and it’s putting a huge strain on my work and family and personal life. Works been a shitfest with nothing going my way and my health has been getting worse. My back is on its way out and the arthritis in my hips and knees is the worst it’s ever been and the worst part is my last mole check up with the doc ended with probably the worst news I’ve ever got. My misses recently started a full time job and she is more stressed than ever as well. Let alone the fact my patrol broke down so I’m without a car for the time being. Sorry for the rant. Needed to get some stuff of my chest
    Cheers

That's what this thread is for mate. I hope it helps just putting it out there. lots of people on here with the same or worse and all willing to talk and help. Can't relate to the companies chasing you, but been there done that with the arthritis and am now the proud owner of titanium/plastic hips. So far all mole checks have been ok for me. Get out there and fix the patrol. If you need to talk feel free to PM me mate. I just got back from hospital visiting my wife who has just had a growth removed from her tongue. Looks like its going to be ok, so looking forward to her telling me off about overspending on the Patrol again. I never thought I'd look forward to her telling me off. Everything has an up side, just sometimes it's a bit hard to find. Cheers Tony
    2005 GU IV ST 3.0. Snorkel. Roof rack. Awning. Spots. Welded I/C. Dual batteries & VSR. UHF. Barn door hinge extension. Roof top spot lights. Rear drawers. 2" lift. NADS. EGT and boost gauges. Trans temp and water temp gauges. Provent 200 catch can. Rear ladder

And crawling on the planet's face, some insects called the human race. Lost in time. And lost in space... and meaning.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to 4bye4 For This Useful Post:

JackCollo (20th March 2018)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JackCollo View Post
    Cheers

Yeah letting off steam can be a great stress reliever mate , very close to being bankrupt a few times and certainly have had some money issues when younger .
    I think there is help out there for debt consolidation might be worthwhile checking it out even if only to see if they can help .

20. The Following User Says Thank You to GQtdauto For This Useful Post:

JackCollo (20th March 2018)

Page 98 of 109 FirstFirst ... 488896979899100108 ... LastLast