OUR VIDEOS GALLERY MEMBER SPONSORSHIP VENDOR SPONSORSHIP

User Tag List

Results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: Side steps with rear AC

  1. #1
    Patrol Guru Chubba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Adelaide
    Posts
    811
    Thanks
    621
    Thanked 611 Times in 338 Posts
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Side steps with rear AC

    Has anyone had steel side steps or rock sliders installed where they have had a rear air con?
    ARB say on their website that the AC pipe work along the chassis rail prevent them from being installed. Anybody have experience with this?
    98' Ti, 4.5L, 2" lift, factory rear diff lock with front E-locker, 63% reduction gears
    "GO YOU CROWS"

  2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement
    Join Date
    Always
    Location
    Advertising world
    Posts
    Many

     

  3. #2
    ......... MB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    Yarra Valley
    Posts
    5,322
    Thanks
    13,487
    Thanked 6,235 Times in 2,909 Posts
    Mentioned
    310 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    G'day Chubba, I'd imagine they are worried about the 'clamp' over chassis type mounting systems. I'm sure they could flex out the lines but may still rub back hard afterwards. My new Millweld sliders are outer side chassis tapped plate and welded on as per Mill's fitting pick below:


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  4. The Following User Says Thank You to MB For This Useful Post:

    Chubba (18th May 2017)

  5. #3
    Dribble Master Clunk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Perth, WA
    Posts
    22,492
    Thanks
    14,310
    Thanked 12,521 Times in 7,104 Posts
    Mentioned
    106 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MB View Post
    G'day Chubba, I'd imagine they are worried about the 'clamp' over chassis type mounting systems. I'm sure they could flex out the lines but may still rub back hard afterwards. My new Millweld sliders are outer side chassis tapped plate and welded on as per Mill's fitting pick below:


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Are they actually legal, didnt think you could weld then bolt to the chassis


  6. #4
    The 747 Winnie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Newborough, VIC
    Posts
    14,964
    Thanks
    6,533
    Thanked 10,525 Times in 5,550 Posts
    Mentioned
    170 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Clunk View Post
    Are they actually legal, didnt think you could weld then bolt to the chassis
    Technically no. It's not legal to modify the chassis at all.
    Mine is the same as MB's and is the strongest way you can mount the sliders.

    Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

  7. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Winnie For This Useful Post:

    Chubba (19th May 2017), Clunk (19th May 2017), MB (19th May 2017)

  8. #5
    ......... MB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    Yarra Valley
    Posts
    5,322
    Thanks
    13,487
    Thanked 6,235 Times in 2,909 Posts
    Mentioned
    310 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hmmmmm......thanks guys, best I find a really nice engineer quick smart then :-( Mind you these slider welds look ten times better than the trucks 'certified' Chev conversion welds ;-)

  9. The Following User Says Thank You to MB For This Useful Post:

    Winnie (19th May 2017)

  10. #6
    Advanced
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Posts
    52
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 18 Times in 12 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chubba View Post
    Has anyone had steel side steps or rock sliders installed where they have had a rear air con?
    ARB say on their website that the AC pipe work along the chassis rail prevent them from being installed. Anybody have experience with this?

    Yes mate sure have
    Mob at yatalla qld have the
    Very good quality and good prices

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •