Thread: Turbo Upgrades for the GUIV TD42Ti

Thanks
    Thanked 5,663 Times in 3,158 Posts
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MudRunnerTD View Post
    Thats got my attention mate. Kinda lagging a little by comparison. And 120 extra newton metres.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk
    Its all irrelevant on the dyno. It has corrections in place for the calculation. We have been seeing this quite a bit and you can see it on ABs setup. A silvertop cam will bring on everything earlier over the t/ti cam.

Without actually worrying about what the numbers say the silvertop cam will roughly do everything aroind 400rpm earlier.

Also dont get to caught up in the differences between the dyno printouts. Dynos are just tools that we use for diagnostics and comparison. Trying to compare them to each other is very difficult.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    This is the closest thing I have to be able to show you the difference. These 2 patrols have a very similar setup. Both bw turbos, both ruben 12mm, both front mounts.
    Laying them over each other like this corrects them as if they were both done in similar conditions. Even though these 2 vehicles were done on the same dyno 1 after the other. The main difference one is a silvertop one is a td42t. Curves are basically the same shape but the silvertop does everything earlier. Peak numbers are similar.

Attachment 77022
    Attached Images Attached Images

4. The Following User Says Thank You to nissannewby For This Useful Post:

MudRunnerTD (17th September 2020)

Patrol God
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,095 Times in 3,139 Posts
    Mentioned
    174 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MudRunnerTD View Post
    Yes higher boost actuator
    Ok cheers.
    Think I found everything local and in stock.
    Except the main bird. The big Borg.

Sent from my SM-N920I using Tapatalk
    2005 TD42TI

Thanks
    Thanked 13,452 Times in 6,588 Posts
    Mentioned
    324 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nissannewby View Post
    This is the closest thing I have to be able to show you the difference. These 2 patrols have a very similar setup. Both bw turbos, both ruben 12mm, both front mounts.
    Laying them over each other like this corrects them as if they were both done in similar conditions. Even though these 2 vehicles were done on the same dyno 1 after the other. The main difference one is a silvertop one is a td42t. Curves are basically the same shape but the silvertop does everything earlier. Peak numbers are similar.

Attachment 77022

Interesting. Thats basically the difference i see between Rossco and mine.
    Last edited by MudRunnerTD; 29th November 2018 at 09:56 AM.
    Its a Nissan! =====> Its a Keeper!! ....... Got a TD42 in it BONUS!! ....... I'm a lucky bugger! I've got 2 of em!
    Check out my Toy --> MudRunnerTD's GQ From the Ground Up

Quote Originally Posted by Rogue Dung Beetle View Post
    Wish it was Nissan though, Toyotas just can't keep up with the Pootrol pace.
    The only good thing about an 80 series is..... the front end?? Wrong!!, the Engine?? Wrong!! the Full Time 4WD system?? Wrong!! Its the NissanPatrol.com.au stubby holder fitted over the transfer lever.
    WARNING: Towballs used for recoveries can, and do kill people and damage property.

Patrol God
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    174 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Has anybody dealt with Sparesbox before?

They seem to have 5 units sitting in Melbourne, according to their eBay site. But i don't trust that...
    It could be one of those, listed in Melbourne, but really have to wait for the container from USA once ordered deals!
    They also seem to be the cheapest, around $2200 with eBay discount.

https://www.sparesbox.com.au/part/bo...wg-efr179388sp
    2005 TD42TI

Legendary
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,674 Times in 2,651 Posts
    Mentioned
    190 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have bought a bit of gear from them over the last couple of years, small biscuit stuff though. I found them straight forward to deal with and prompt delivery. Never had anything supplied on back order.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to PeeBee For This Useful Post:

Hodge (29th November 2018)

Patrol God
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    174 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by PeeBee View Post
    I have bought a bit of gear from them over the last couple of years, small biscuit stuff though. I found them straight forward to deal with and prompt delivery. Never had anything supplied on back order.
    Thanks PeeBee. I just find it odd, that nobody else can get me one for way after Christmas... yet these guys have 5 sitting there apparently.
    I've sent them a message waiting for reply.
    Not that i'm in the rush. If they have one sitting there, I may snap one up.
    2005 TD42TI

Thanks
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hodge View Post
    Thanks PeeBee. I just find it odd, that nobody else can get me one for way after Christmas... yet these guys have 5 sitting there apparently.
    I've sent them a message waiting for reply.
    Not that i'm in the rush. If they have one sitting there, I may snap one up.
    Would you like some assistance with this hodge? I can get most of what you need to mount it for not much more than that turbo price alone.

12. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to nissannewby For This Useful Post:

AB (30th November 2018), Bidja (29th November 2018), Hodge (1st December 2018), MB (30th November 2018), MudRunnerTD (29th November 2018), PeeBee (30th November 2018), Sir Roofy (30th November 2018)

Patrol God
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    174 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nissannewby View Post
    Would you like some assistance with this hodge? I can get most of what you need to mount it for not much more than that turbo price alone.
    Absolutely mate!! I've been meaning to PM you anyway!!
    Legend.
    2005 TD42TI

Patrol God
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    174 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Paid a quick visit to MudRunnerTD today. Had a "in person" look at the turbo job. All nice 'n stuff, until we went for a drive...
    Words are beyond me folks, the pure pull his car delivers, and the ease it does it with, its unreal ! I've been in a few TD's, but this is next level.

Now we have pretty much identical cars, he's got a few more trickery bits, like the pump, 4.1's, etc... But if even a portion of the torque I felt today is Borg Warner setup, i'll be a happy man! Cannot even begin to compare it to mine this moment. They are in different leagues.

Put it this way, he's had this car like this for a while now... And if even to this day makes him grin and giggle when he opens up the tap, you can only imagine how I felt !!!!! Now I cannot wait !

Thanks for having me @MudRunnerTD !
    2005 TD42TI

15. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Hodge For This Useful Post:

Bidja (9th December 2018), MB (8th December 2018), MudRunnerTD (8th December 2018), mudski (9th December 2018), PeeBee (7th December 2018), Rossco (8th December 2018)

Page 61 of 64 FirstFirst ... 11515960616263 ... LastLast