Thread: 3" taipan exhaust

Thanks
    Thanked 5,115 Times in 2,901 Posts
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

3" taipan exhaust

I had a thread a few years back on my Trol.
    With 3"taipan and chip. https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink?url...3&share_type=t

Hope it helps.
    I love how quiet they are.
    2011 GU8 ST 3.0 CRD, ARB Bullbar with IPF spotties, scrub bars and side steps, Snorkel, Dual Battery system, Waeco fridge, Turbo Timer, ARB Roof Rack with 5 IPF spotties across the front, Custom full Leather Bucket seats, DPchip, 3" Taipan exhaust, ARE Intercooler & scoop, Autron EGT/Boost and dual volt gauges, ARB front locker.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi All

Had the ECU remapped today, the truck was run on the dyno to get a base reading then the ECU removed and remapped with a performance/economy tune then run on the dyno again before a road test.

The readout from the dyno is pretty impressive with torque up 47%, power up 30% and afr improved 47% and as you would expect from the dyno results the truck is a completely different beast to drive.

The roads were wet when I left the dyno centre so I immediately had to disengage the traction control then go easy with the accelerator to avoid breaking traction, the performance improvement is well beyond my expectation and has completely transformed the truck with usable power in all gears even from low revs, the truck has gone from a plodder where over taking was a task best left to others to quite a spirited performer with plenty of overtaking power on tap at highway speeds, I haven't done any towing yet so can't comment on that, I'll report fuel consumption figures after I do another trip.

It cost $1,000 which I thought was good value.

Here's a copy of the dyno results don't forget the truck has 3" exhaust.

Cheers
    John

Attached Images Attached Images

4. The Following User Says Thank You to TT Aero For This Useful Post:

threedogs (22nd September 2016)

Thanks
    Thanked 12,951 Times in 6,827 Posts
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Was that a grand for the tune?

IF YA DONT GET STUCK YA AINT TRYIN HARD ENOUGH........OR YA TOOK THE CHICKEN TRACK

WARNING: TOWBALLS USED WITH SNATCHSTRAPS DO KILL!!

Thanks
    Thanked 9,963 Times in 7,394 Posts
    Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    With a DP chip and 3" system my HP goes up to about 155HP.
    I love the performance, Been driving around with OD off, got
    to say I think Im getting better mileage this way, lol

162 HP is nothing to laugh at either @TTaero
    04 ST 3lt auto, not enough Mods to keep me happy, but getting there

7. The Following User Says Thank You to threedogs For This Useful Post:

00marshall (8th May 2017)

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by growler2058 View Post
    Was that a grand for the tune?
    Hi growler

Yep a grand for the tune and the same for the zaust so $2k total which is a lot but I think it's value.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to TT Aero For This Useful Post:

growler2058 (23rd September 2016)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Got mine done yesterday too, mine as was bit dearer, but 30% overall performance increase I'm very happy with, just gotta get used to the slight noise increase.
    What year is your patrol TT and is it CRD? Wondering why my HP was so low to start with.

dt.jpg
    2012 CRD 30TD Auto Wagon, 15L/100km | 2" KYB Lift | 3" Exhaust | ECU Remap | HPD boost control | Provent Catch Can | EGR Block | Bullet Snorkel | Dual Battery | Redarc SBI12 | Projecta batt Monitor | Auto Headlights | iDrive Throttle Control | NU3001 7" Android Stereo | Sound Deadening| Reverse Camera | Dashcam | Amp, 12" Sub | 300W Inverter | USB Chargers | Barn Door Gas Strut | Awning | Mods list shrinking

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mudski View Post
    'For whats its worth, my old 3ltr Direct Injection had a straight through zorst with a hi flow cat and its not loud at all. Louder than with a muffler, but certainly not loud without. Just make sure you get a cat in the system, big fines if you are caught without the cat.
    Wondering if anyone in WA has been checked and how much are the fines?
    2012 CRD 30TD Auto Wagon, 15L/100km | 2" KYB Lift | 3" Exhaust | ECU Remap | HPD boost control | Provent Catch Can | EGR Block | Bullet Snorkel | Dual Battery | Redarc SBI12 | Projecta batt Monitor | Auto Headlights | iDrive Throttle Control | NU3001 7" Android Stereo | Sound Deadening| Reverse Camera | Dashcam | Amp, 12" Sub | 300W Inverter | USB Chargers | Barn Door Gas Strut | Awning | Mods list shrinking

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by foggs View Post
    Got mine done yesterday too, mine as was bit dearer, but 30% overall performance increase I'm very happy with, just gotta get used to the slight noise increase.
    What year is your patrol TT and is it CRD? Wondering why my HP was so low to start with.

dt.jpg
    Hi foggs Mine is CRD manual one year younger than yours with 3" exhaust, have you had yours upgraded? I think you'd have to be extremely unlucky to get caught without a cat in WA although that will change if annual rego inspections are introduced

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TT Aero View Post
    Hi foggs Mine is CRD manual one year younger than yours with 3" exhaust, have you had yours upgraded? I think you'd have to be extremely unlucky to get caught without a cat in WA although that will change if annual rego inspections are introduced
    Ah ok, yes I got the 3" exhaust with HPD manual boost control set to 18.2psi. Difference must be in the auto vs manual.

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi All

I've done some more city Ks and find that with no load on board on relatively flat ground first gear is redundant and with only a few revs second gear launch is effortless.

I did a short 380k trip out to the wheat belt today which took in the Perth Hills and undulating country in the wheat belt it involved some stop/start at roadworks and in country towns, after stopping I will often run to 4k through the gears so this trip was certainly not all highway cruising. Where possible I used fifth gear with cruise control set at a touch over 100kph which is about 2500 rpm even at that relatively slow speed I had to overtake a few vehicles and where I would have previously used fourth gear I was able to leave it in fifth and effortlessly accelerate up to 120kph to get the move done safely.

From fill up to home was 330ks and it used roughly 1/3 of a tank which equates to 9L/100Km, I know this is only a rough guide to its true economy and I'll do it properly next trip but I'm pleased with the result and at least I know I haven't just been willing it to be more economical.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast