Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Exhaust or intercooler???

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by threedogs View Post
    A tigged IC will give about 30% more IC, dont forget an EGR plate to compliment your mods.
    Being an 08 I'd say your IC is leaking ,like Hodge says they all do at some stage. Being a
    CRD I wouldnt go the Cross Country cooler, not enough bang for your buck IMO.
    Thanks mate! I took it off recently when I replaced the glow plug seals and all joints are dry - but I hear you, & it will be gone soon. It has only done 130kms but I think leaks won't be far away now that I wound the boost up a bit with the Dawes.

I have the EGR plate from mudski, and will fit it soon. Being very unfamiliar with these cars and diesels in general, I'm just doing one mod at a time just to see what changes.

Really appreciate these forums, great info to be found here!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Patrol God
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,095 Times in 3,139 Posts
    Mentioned
    174 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wilburnator View Post
    Thanks mate! I took it off recently when I replaced the glow plug seals and all joints are dry - but I hear you, & it will be gone soon. It has only done 130kms but I think leaks won't be far away now that I wound the boost up a bit with the Dawes.

I have the EGR plate from mudski, and will fit it soon. Being very unfamiliar with these cars and diesels in general, I'm just doing one mod at a time just to see what changes.

Really appreciate these forums, great info to be found here!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    One thing at a time is the way to go.
    As for blocking the EGR. The motor will thank you for it.
    It may show up an engine light. Because it will detect no flow through the EGR valve. But the light is just that, a light. It does not affect the performance or anything in any way. For example no limp mode. Some Patrols throw up this light, others dont. Others only do it sometimes. I saw my light on once every 3 months from memory.
    Its easily resetable.

There is also a trend to drill a hole in the blanking plate to let some gasses through and keep the sensor happy. It pretty much defeats the purpose and there has been posts about those holes being blocked with the EGR gunk after a while anyway... So why bother.
    2005 TD42TI

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Hodge For This Useful Post:

Wilburnator (8th April 2017)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12