Expert
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Anyone used carloans.com.au?

Has anyone used carloans.com.au

I am looking at buying a car, they told me they also buy ans sell cars and offered me the same (brand new) car for $2,000 less and told me they can give me a better finance.

Thanks.
    2012 CRD:
    DIYs;
    RedArc Dual battery
    Hifonics audio amp
    Reverse camera

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

The master farter
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,263 Times in 6,427 Posts
    Mentioned
    460 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Personally if I was to loan money for a car I would use a bank. But you would need to check out the rates to compare. Especially their exit rates if you pay the load off early.

Thanks
    Thanked 6,640 Times in 3,287 Posts
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    They are a Broker not an outright Lender per se.
    They use RACV, GE etc etc for the underwriter and will have fleet supply discounts from the manuf like other finance and leasing mobs.
    Check on the early payout fees, check on a secured personal loan from a bank or whatever (get at least 2 other quotes) and go for the best one.
    Dolphins are so smart that within a few weeks of captivity, they can train people to stand on the very edge of the pool and throw them fish.

Thanks
    Thanked 7,404 Times in 2,995 Posts
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MyGU8 View Post
    Has anyone used carloans.com.au

I am looking at buying a car, they told me they also buy ans sell cars and offered me the same (brand new) car for $2,000 less and told me they can give me a better finance.

Thanks.
    I’m a cynic. They are not going to tell you that you can get better value elsewhere. Just did a quick google & the first thing I see is an ad from this company offering ‘bad credit loans’. This should immediately set alarm bells ringing! It’s ‘code’ for we are more than happy to charge far more than the market rate in order to exploit the inability of our punters to delay gratification. (i.e. I want it & I want it now).

I learned my lesson as a young fella, buying a new motorcycle on finance. 18 months later I sold the bike & found that despite having made the regular payments in full I still owed more than what the original price of the bike had been. After the amount I sold the bike for was repaid to the finance company I still had over two years more of making repayments before the loan was paid off. It was a good lesson, albeit very expensive, to learn. Have never bought anything on ‘finance’ again. Just imagine a scenario where a couple of years down the track your boss lays you off & your income is lost. You can no longer afford the repayments, sell the car & find that what you can sell it for comes nowhere near to covering what you owe. Plenty of examples of people being forced into bankruptcy in just these circumstances. Centrelink payments are hard enough to live on at the best of times, but when forced to use a significant proportion of it to repay a finance company for a lost dream ........................... No-one thinks it’ll happen to them. Finance companies are not your friend!

You can buy good reliable used cars, which may not be your dream car, but nevertheless get you around for relative peanuts & whilst driving it around, you can save what you would have made in payments for what you really want. If further down the track you want to get a house loan or similar your savings record will stand you in good stead.

Mudski’s advice to seek a bank loan is good, if you must borrow. If a bank won’t give you a loan it’s pretty safe to say that you can’t afford to do what you want. (Although even banks have been known to encourage people to over extend themselves!).

It’s likely someone may post to say how buying on finance got them what they wanted, albeit at a cost. It doesn’t turn to sh*t for everyone, but when it does it does.

2006 4.2TDi ex-Telstra Remote area Camper. 425w roof mounted solar, 360Ah Aux batts, BCDC1240, Onboard hot & cold pressurised & filtered water, (25 litre hot water calorifier), ARB fridge, ARB freezer, Built in kitchen, heaps of easy access storage, 240v, 3” Genie exhaust + dynotune, 2” lift, 3900kg GVM upgrade, second glovebox, ROH Blaktrak steel wheels, Bridgestone D697's (now Toyo RT's), Redarc gauges/pillarpod, Hema HX-1, Icom 450 CB, dual rear view cameras, Onboard 30amp Victron mains charger, second glovebox, dual seat conversion, TPMS, Boss PX7 onboard air with 9 litre tank, 350w inverter, Steel bullbar, Harrop Eaton diff lock (front), Warn winch, Snorkel, Dual spares , 160 litre water tank, 180 litre fuel in two tanks (approx 1200km range) 2010 Tvan Tanami. (incl another 70 litre water tank) with matching wheels/tyres (& 3rd spare)
    A Nomadic Life (Blog)

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Cuppa For This Useful Post:

4bye4 (13th July 2016)

Thanks
    Thanked 9,963 Times in 7,394 Posts
    Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Sounds a bit like Wizard loans, no credit no worries,,,walk away I say
    04 ST 3lt auto, not enough Mods to keep me happy, but getting there