OUR VIDEOS GALLERY MEMBER SPONSORSHIP VENDOR SPONSORSHIP

User Tag List

Page 986 of 1450 FirstFirst ... 48688693697698498598698798899610361086 ... LastLast
Results 9,851 to 9,860 of 14491

Thread: What has made you Angry Today???????

Thanks
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My Stepson has had his bank account emptied by some thieving scum. It was only $900, but it was hard earned money he was saving for a new car. The unbelievable part is how this scum got his money. They walked into the ANZ bank branch at Cloverdale in Perth, with no ID and no Debit card etc and were able to impersonate him and empty his account through an actual bank teller. They have apparently answered his security questions and were not required to sign any forms and the money was handed over. Unbelievable!

The Missus spent hours at the bank and Police station filing reports etc. The cops say it will take them 2-3 weeks to get access to the banks video footage and then they will show the stepson the pictures to see if he recognises the thief. I am stunned at the lack of security by a bank branch in identifying someone is actually who they say they are. He has no idea how they got any of his info, so hopefully it will come to light when we can see the pics.
    2016 GU Legend Edition: 3505Kg GVM Upgrade and Stuff!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to stevemc181 For This Useful Post:

mudnut (4th April 2017)

3. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I hope whoever served the thief in the bank has some additional training or is moved on if all of the above is true, very least they should have had to provide 2 forms of ID.
    2004 4.2TDi GU ST Ute, 3" Exhaust, UHF, Lightforce Spotties, BFG All Terrains, Steel Winchbar, Winch, Dual Batts, CC Ultimate IC, 4" Snorkel, XLR8 Steps and Scrub bar

Thanks
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by gubigfish View Post
    I hope whoever served the thief in the bank has some additional training or is moved on if all of the above is true, very least they should have had to provide 2 forms of ID.
    Yep, us along with the cops were stunned at how easily they have done it. The bank employee that spoke to the missus, says not everyone has ID when they lose their wallet you know! LOL, couldn't believe that little gem!
    The bottom line is whoever it was somehow knew his security question answers. He is adamant he has never told anybody and can't remember what the questions are himself. We will hopefully get to the bottom of it in a few weeks time. The cops reckon they have to apply to ANZ head office in Victoria to get access to the video footage and it takes time. I am thinking it must be someone he knows, but this is only speculation at the moment.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Could of fallen victim to a phishing scam as well and clicked on what he thought was a legit link taking him to a malicious website where they captured the information he entered.
    2004 4.2TDi GU ST Ute, 3" Exhaust, UHF, Lightforce Spotties, BFG All Terrains, Steel Winchbar, Winch, Dual Batts, CC Ultimate IC, 4" Snorkel, XLR8 Steps and Scrub bar

Thanks
    Thanked 1,911 Times in 1,256 Posts
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Either way the bank should reimburse his account , because it was on them .

The master farter
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,319 Times in 6,443 Posts
    Mentioned
    461 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    So we have been in the new joint for nearly three weeks. We arrived to see a big pile of rubbish on the nature strip. The realestate agent said the owner has organised the council to pick this up. We said the council wont take all of this as they will only take 1 cubic metre and theres about 5. The agent said to us to not worry he will get it sorted, if they dont take it all. Well the council took bugger all. As I thought. Now its been a chit fight and numerous phone calls a day to try and sort this out.

As the ruling stands, any thing that isn't bolted down, has to go. The owners left two big desks, that were in each bedroom, I just cut them in half and threw them off the balcony and they smashed when the landed. And added these to the pile of crap they left. Plus around 20 picture frames were left here. Not to mention many other things.
    We actually took from the pile a old two seater lounge and a old wooden work bench too. So this technically made their pile smaller. What we have added, which should have been there in the first place does not even equate to a 1/4 of what we took.
    Also, prior to us taking the keys, I was on the phone to the agent and she was with the owner, and the owner said, '"does he want me to get rid of all the bluestone here?". I said yes, he said ok. Well this is still here too. Then there is a pile a half buried rubbish I found down beside the carport...

So my last call with the agent was, they are not going to do anything as they said the two desks were attached to the walls. I said to the agent I must be Conan then as I simply just lifted them away from the wall. And then I said to the agent to remind the owner that he said he would get rid of the bluestone. So if they want to argue this further I will make home come back and remove these massive blocks by hand. And also all the half buried crap I have found. Plus I have quite a few letters addressed to this turkey that I will hold for ransom until this crap has gone.
    The stories I have herd about this guy from the neighbors here too. It does not surprise me that this is happening.

But, a good thing I have discovered is the neighbors. So bloody nice they are. The second day here, one came over and introduced himself. A few days later he comes over again with his wife and a bottle of wine. Then a day later another neighbor does the same. Then another. Wow! I am gobsmacked! We've had a great chat with all of them, all of them are really nice and welcoming. Funny part is, they are all retired and grand parents. As we have discovered, every house around us and more is the same, and they have all been here since the early 70's since the place was built.

So. Tomorrows job is to take photo's on the buried rubbish and bluestone for the agent. Then the gloves go back on. Ding! Ding!

9. The Following User Says Thank You to mudski For This Useful Post:

Touses (5th April 2017)

Thanks
    Thanked 3,783 Times in 2,037 Posts
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Could it have been set up between the teller and the person withdrawing the cash?
    12/97 GEE YOU
    4.5lt Gas blower. Lots of mods to come.....all in good time.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jay see View Post
    Could it have been set up between the teller and the person withdrawing the cash?
    They would have to be an awfully stupid teller I think. There will be good video footage of it I would expect, and any teller would be aware of that.

We thought of the phishing scam also, but this is generally done to withdraw your money online. We may never find out the whole story, but we are hopeful they will identify and catch the prick. Not overly concerned about the money as we are 99% sure it will be reimbursed, but it would be an issue if it the money was being relied on, as it will take time for the banks fraud department to clear it.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to stevemc181 For This Useful Post:

jay see (5th April 2017)

The master farter
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,319 Times in 6,443 Posts
    Mentioned
    461 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Had a BIG turn around on the said issue.... Off to the happy thread.

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to mudski For This Useful Post:

jay see (5th April 2017), MB (5th April 2017), Winnie (5th April 2017)

Thanks
    Thanked 11,322 Times in 4,991 Posts
    Mentioned
    472 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not angry but just frustratingly bamboozled as to why the lycra wearing tour de Yarra Valley idiots think it's a good idea to ride here, so so unsafe :-( These working logging blokes have no chance of stopping/swerving for a rider especially with a returning rig coming back on these corners!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 986 of 1450 FirstFirst ... 48688693697698498598698798899610361086 ... LastLast