Thread: Powerful4x4 rear bar HELP

Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Powerful4x4 rear bar HELP

HELP NEEDED
    I have installed a Powerful4x4 dual spare wheel rear bar to my GU 4 patrol. I have these brackets which are meant to go from the side wings to chassis. I'm not sure if they are the correct parts for this model because in the fitting instructions the braces look very different.

I have rang Powerful4x4 and have not yet spoken to someone who seems to know what I'm talking about. Still waiting for a call back.

Has anyone fitted one recently and have any advise or pics of their braces/brackets?

GU IV 2006 4.2 TDi wagon

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Thanked 9,963 Times in 7,394 Posts
    Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Surprised you even got through to Powerful.lol
    Is the bar nice and solid as it is now??
    Are Powerful in NSW or did they move to Broadmeadows in Vic ???
    04 ST 3lt auto, not enough Mods to keep me happy, but getting there

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to threedogs For This Useful Post:

BigRAWesty (7th September 2016), Rip'n'Shred (8th September 2016)

Thanks
    Thanked 3,776 Times in 1,518 Posts
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rip'n'Shred View Post
    HELP NEEDED
    I have installed a Powerful4x4 dual spare wheel rear bar to my GU 4 patrol. I have these brackets which are meant to go from the side wings to chassis. I'm not sure if they are the correct parts for this model because in the fitting instructions the braces look very different.

I have rang Powerful4x4 and have not yet spoken to someone who seems to know what I'm talking about. Still waiting for a call back.

Has anyone fitted one recently and have any advise or pics of their braces/brackets?
    Hello Rip'n'Shred,

I've installed one of these and had the same issue, the brackets on the instructions have been replaced by the newer version. I rang Powerful4x4 and they put me onto their installer who happens to be the same lot I purchased mine from. They were reasonably helpful but admitted they had issues with them, there was no way I could get them to fit without some modification. The passenger side would fit if I didn't have an exhaust.

I ended up cutting the flat piece off (to the right on your picture), a little bending (fun being high tensile steel) and it's on nice and tight. At some stage in the future I'll weld the other pieces back on after some more bending to suit.

It mightn't look as fancy as the more expensive bars but is very robust and well made. So far I've been very happy with it carting around 33's on a 17inch rims. But I haven't been through any corrugations too extreme yet. Bearings are easily replaceable if needed. I did speak to a 70 series owner who has done the Simpson and OTT with one in the last two years and he was very happy. He doesn't look after his toyo but the powder coating still looks as good as new after all this time.

Let me know if you have any more questions.

Thanks to @Cuppa for alerting me to this thread.
    Cheers
    Jack

2012 Simpson 50th Anniversary Edition.
    WARNING: Towballs used for recoveries can, and do kill people and damage property.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jack For This Useful Post:

Rip'n'Shred (8th September 2016), Stropp (8th September 2016)

Thanks
    Thanked 7,424 Times in 3,003 Posts
    Mentioned
    174 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Why is it when I try to get someone’s attention by using the @ sign e.g. @Apollofish it doesn’t work. Makes no difference if I have a space between either e.g.. @ Apollofish

2006 4.2TDi ex-Telstra Remote area Camper. 425w roof mounted solar, 360Ah Aux batts, BCDC1240, Onboard hot & cold pressurised & filtered water, (25 litre hot water calorifier), ARB fridge, ARB freezer, Built in kitchen, heaps of easy access storage, 240v, 3” Genie exhaust + dynotune, 2” lift, 3900kg GVM upgrade, second glovebox, ROH Blaktrak steel wheels, Bridgestone D697's (now Toyo RT's), Redarc gauges/pillarpod, Hema HX-1, Icom 450 CB, dual rear view cameras, Onboard 30amp Victron mains charger, second glovebox, dual seat conversion, TPMS, Boss PX7 onboard air with 9 litre tank, 350w inverter, Steel bullbar, Harrop Eaton diff lock (front), Warn winch, Snorkel, Dual spares , 160 litre water tank, 180 litre fuel in two tanks (approx 1200km range) 2010 Tvan Tanami. (incl another 70 litre water tank) with matching wheels/tyres (& 3rd spare)
    A Nomadic Life (Blog)

Thanks
    Thanked 7,424 Times in 3,003 Posts
    Mentioned
    174 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Goddamn it - it worked that time! Maybe it’s just I can’t see it in preview?

2006 4.2TDi ex-Telstra Remote area Camper. 425w roof mounted solar, 360Ah Aux batts, BCDC1240, Onboard hot & cold pressurised & filtered water, (25 litre hot water calorifier), ARB fridge, ARB freezer, Built in kitchen, heaps of easy access storage, 240v, 3” Genie exhaust + dynotune, 2” lift, 3900kg GVM upgrade, second glovebox, ROH Blaktrak steel wheels, Bridgestone D697's (now Toyo RT's), Redarc gauges/pillarpod, Hema HX-1, Icom 450 CB, dual rear view cameras, Onboard 30amp Victron mains charger, second glovebox, dual seat conversion, TPMS, Boss PX7 onboard air with 9 litre tank, 350w inverter, Steel bullbar, Harrop Eaton diff lock (front), Warn winch, Snorkel, Dual spares , 160 litre water tank, 180 litre fuel in two tanks (approx 1200km range) 2010 Tvan Tanami. (incl another 70 litre water tank) with matching wheels/tyres (& 3rd spare)
    A Nomadic Life (Blog)

Thanks
    Thanked 12,415 Times in 6,257 Posts
    Mentioned
    201 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Hey Cuppa, it won't make the link until you actually make the post. So it will not look like it's working in the preview.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Winnie For This Useful Post:

BigRAWesty (7th September 2016), Cuppa (7th September 2016)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by threedogs View Post
    Surprised you even got through to Powerful.lol
    Is the bar nice and solid as it is now??
    Are Powerful in NSW or did they move to Broadmeadows in Vic ???
    Yeah there not the best to deal with. Lots of attitude for no reason. They tell me each store is individually owned. There is NSW, QLD, and Vic
    GU IV 2006 4.2 TDi wagon

Thanks
    Thanked 1,210 Times in 594 Posts
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My dad bought a powerful 4x4 bar 3 years ago at a show, and had a heap of issues with fitting it -- extra brackets, washers and packers needed to pack it all out - fitting was an absolute disaster.

To their credit, he returned the bar and they issued him with a full refund.

On a side note he also bought sliders, that after 6months on the vehicle started to rust from the inside out - (no salt water use or anything), but again to their credit after much discussion he got a full refund as well.

Safe to say (in most cases) poor man pays twice

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2008 GU6 3.0 CRD AUTO | Safari Snorkel | 2" Ironman lift kit | Runva 11XP Winch | 33" MTZ's | Full Length Roof Rack | GME TX3200 | 30" LED Light Bar |

13. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Bacho86 For This Useful Post:

abw (8th September 2016), katwoman (8th September 2016), threedogs (8th September 2016)

Thanks
    Thanked 3,607 Times in 1,472 Posts
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I agree with above post. I've got one and it's the biggest POS out there. The Jerry holder was reinforced after cracking several times, it's flimsy. I'd never buy another one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    KATROL- The 2nd
    GU TD42TGi
    Not as pretty, but a whole lot tougher
    Silent member 1208
    Yes Michael, I bought a JEE.....60.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to katwoman For This Useful Post:

Robo (8th September 2016)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've got the bracket all sorted. Thanks for the help everyone. Hopefully mine lasts ok.
    GU IV 2006 4.2 TDi wagon

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Rip'n'Shred For This Useful Post:

katwoman (9th September 2016)