Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nissan Patrol 2010 ST GU7 NADS - exhaust

Hey guys,

I am looking at buying one of two different Patrols, both 2010 GU7 ST models 3.0L diesel turbo, manual transmission.

One of them has obviously been done up a bit for 4wd, has 2" lift, mud tyres, spotlights, but what I am concerned with is its 3" exhaust. FYI it has no snorkel.

Now someone told me that Nissan started putting in a NADS kit of some sorts in the 2010 models and onwards. I am concerned with the 3" exhaust because I don't think the guy has done any modification to the turbo etc (overboost).

Does anyone have any knowledge on this matter?

Any help is appreciated, cheers

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In my opinion The crd is generally ok at controlling boost right up until you block the egr. After that some will be ok , most go all over the shop.
    If it only has a 3” exhaust and nothing else it will be fine. The 3” just gives you a little more torque down low and cooler egt’s.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to trev zd30 For This Useful Post:

jackrwilliams93 (4th March 2018)

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Resized_20180228_171359_456.jpegResized_20180228_171338_9872.jpeg

these are two photos of under the hood, looks good, some sections appear dusty as if it's primarily been driven on country roads but no rust spots.

The master farter
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,319 Times in 6,443 Posts
    Mentioned
    461 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jackrwilliams93 View Post
    Hey guys,

I am looking at buying one of two different Patrols, both 2010 GU7 ST models 3.0L diesel turbo, manual transmission.

One of them has obviously been done up a bit for 4wd, has 2" lift, mud tyres, spotlights, but what I am concerned with is its 3" exhaust. FYI it has no snorkel.

Now someone told me that Nissan started putting in a NADS kit of some sorts in the 2010 models and onwards. I am concerned with the 3" exhaust because I don't think the guy has done any modification to the turbo etc (overboost).

Does anyone have any knowledge on this matter?

Any help is appreciated, cheers
    No Nissan wont do any sort of NADs mod to their Patrols. They are all the same from 2007 onwards. A bigger pipe will see over boost issues, hence adding a Dawes and needle valve in to over come this issue.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mudski For This Useful Post:

Avo (4th March 2018), Daveyboyjunior (6th March 2018)

Advanced
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

these are two photos of under the hood, looks good, some sections appear dusty as if it's primarily been driven on country roads but no rust spots.
    Looks like the intercooler has a small leak top right. there's oil seeping out.

Turbo hose needs tightening too. Oil has seeped out onto the turbo. A catch can might help
    Patrol GU8, Manual, snorkel, steel bull bar, Simpson Ed

9. The Following User Says Thank You to schanmala For This Useful Post:

jackrwilliams93 (7th March 2018)

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nice pickup, i haven't actually gone to see the vehicle yet only judging from sent pictures. The leak on the intercooler would support that theory of potential overboost issues from the 3" exhaust, although I have read that it is a common issue with the patrols anyway.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,006 Times in 565 Posts
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Agree with mudski's comment above.

Nice pickup, i haven't actually gone to see the vehicle yet only judging from sent pictures. The leak on the intercooler would support that theory of potential overboost issues from the 3" exhaust, although I have read that it is a common issue with the patrols anyway.
    The OEM IC is prone to show signs of weeping in this corner and needs replacing with TIG welded build. They all do it after time.
    Don't be taken in with the muddies and lights included, from first glance of the pics she has done some fairly dusty work. Check it out well. The 3" exhaust is fine (saves at least $700 even on a on a cheap turbo back fitted). IMO any 3.0L Diesel needs to at least have Dawes or Tillix fittted to control max boost and to prevent over boost spikes. But best to block EGR and also use a needle valve to control spool rate (full manual boost control).

As time passes and if you want the eng to have improved performance and last, NADS install is a worthwhile investment and even look at a ECU remap to run at higher boost (20-22psi max B) / lower EGTs. Of course install EGT and Boost gauges stock or modified eng.
    2008 GU WAG ST Manual CRD - To do the job

Advanced
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey mate I got an 08 st not too long ago and straight away did egr block catch can dawes valve/needle limited to 17psi and a 3 inch turbo back manta exhaust. Haven't got a snorkel yet either and have done 15k personally car has done 180k and is good as gold I love it. And this is coming from 5 years in a td42 gq coily