Thread: Solar Panel as delivered.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,717 Times in 2,004 Posts
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by clubbyr8 View Post
    Ordered them around 18th November, received them 23rd November. At the time, the wings were in stock but the drawers weren't. Got the drawers but still no wings....
    Mmm, ordered mine on the 21st November, should be seeing something pretty soon.
    12/97 GEE YOU
    4.5lt Gas blower. Lots of mods to come.....all in good time.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Thanked 7,403 Times in 2,995 Posts
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jay see View Post
    Mmm, ordered mine on the 21st November, should be seeing something pretty soon.
    Maybe a box of wings?

2006 4.2TDi ex-Telstra Remote area Camper. 425w roof mounted solar, 360Ah Aux batts, BCDC1240, Onboard hot & cold pressurised & filtered water, (25 litre hot water calorifier), ARB fridge, ARB freezer, Built in kitchen, heaps of easy access storage, 240v, 3” Genie exhaust + dynotune, 2” lift, 3900kg GVM upgrade, second glovebox, ROH Blaktrak steel wheels, Bridgestone D697's (now Toyo RT's), Redarc gauges/pillarpod, Hema HX-1, Icom 450 CB, dual rear view cameras, Onboard 30amp Victron mains charger, second glovebox, dual seat conversion, TPMS, Boss PX7 onboard air with 9 litre tank, 350w inverter, Steel bullbar, Harrop Eaton diff lock (front), Warn winch, Snorkel, Dual spares , 160 litre water tank, 180 litre fuel in two tanks (approx 1200km range) 2010 Tvan Tanami. (incl another 70 litre water tank) with matching wheels/tyres (& 3rd spare)
    A Nomadic Life (Blog)

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Cuppa For This Useful Post:

jay see (18th December 2016)

Thanks
    Thanked 3,717 Times in 2,004 Posts
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    At this stage I'll take anything...

Didn't make it to the store today, will get back on the phone. Hopefully someone will answer.
    12/97 GEE YOU
    4.5lt Gas blower. Lots of mods to come.....all in good time.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jay see View Post
    At this stage I'll take anything...

Didn't make it to the store today, will get back on the phone. Hopefully someone will answer.
    Looking at their FB page, they have a serious problem. I'm amazed their management aren't doing something about it. I was told by one of their employees before I posted my pic on their page that a senior manager had made the decision not to replace my panel. Seems they have issues stemming from the top...
    GROOVY GUVII

2" Toughdog Lift, Ctek D250S, 152AH AGM Battery, Homemade Battery Box, Duel Rear Cameras, GME TX3510W UHF, Alloy Roof Rack, Kings 2.5m Awning, Titan Drawers.

Thanks
    Thanked 12,386 Times in 6,250 Posts
    Mentioned
    201 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Until you put it on social media for everyone to see how bad their service is, then they do something about it.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Winnie View Post
    Until you put it on social media for everyone to see how bad their service is, then they do something about it.
    I did, it's the only reason I got a response, although the replacement panel hasn't been sent yet...
    GROOVY GUVII

2" Toughdog Lift, Ctek D250S, 152AH AGM Battery, Homemade Battery Box, Duel Rear Cameras, GME TX3510W UHF, Alloy Roof Rack, Kings 2.5m Awning, Titan Drawers.

Patrol God
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,095 Times in 3,139 Posts
    Mentioned
    174 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Winnie View Post
    It's sad that these days it's come to that.
    These guys have that many issues and complaints surely they would have learnt by now that they have an issue. Good example of how useless consumer affairs is.
    2005 TD42TI

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Hodge For This Useful Post:

BigRAWesty (18th December 2016)

Thanks
    Thanked 12,386 Times in 6,250 Posts
    Mentioned
    201 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hodge View Post
    It's sad that these days it's come to that.
    These guys have that many issues and complaints surely they would have learnt by now that they have an issue. Good example of how useless consumer affairs is.
    Too many people out there shopping on price alone. They want a fully kitted out 4WD and they want it asap. Don't we all want that though?
    I might be spending 3x or 4x more money on different brands but I am confident in all the products installed to my 4WD and if something goes wrong I know I have good backup from the companies.

For example I bought a Giggle pin winch solenoid for my high mount. It failed about 2 months after the warranty period.
    Smithies have honoured the warranty as a gesture of good faith. How good is that! That's why I am happy to spend a bit more money on a top quality product.

12. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Winnie For This Useful Post:

BigRAWesty (18th December 2016), Hodge (18th December 2016), katwoman (18th December 2016), macca (18th December 2016)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I haven't had any issues with their other products and customer service, it's just of late they seem to have decided customer service is not needed. I had a Thumper compressor that had an issue with the safety valve, it would operate at 90psi, they swapped the compressor out with no issues or delay. I have a Kings awning that has never been an issue and the quality is superb. But for the life of me I can't see why they've taken the course of action over the panel. I lodged a complaint straight after I received it. It's obviously damaged and I don't think it was damaged in transport, as the packaging is fine. I just want a brand new panel like I ordered, as when I modify the wiring, I will lose any warranty (their conditions). I have a CTEK D250S Dual in the car, so I'm bypassing their controller. I'm going to use Anderson Powerpoles to switch the controller in or out, so I have the versatility in charging the cranker from the panel if I need too. Powerpoles are more than sufficient for a 10amp panel. I just need the new panel...lol
    GROOVY GUVII

Patrol God
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,095 Times in 3,139 Posts
    Mentioned
    174 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    My theory on this Clubby:
    Earlier on if there was an issue, they just deal with it, whatever the issue may be. As time went on, more and more people jumped on their bandwagon due to cheap prices. They got overwhelmed and sale pace picked up. Especially now during holiday season, their sales would be going through the roof and they are merely concentrating on the $$$ . Sorting out problems isn't on their front page of priorities.
    2005 TD42TI

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Hodge For This Useful Post:

BigRAWesty (18th December 2016)

Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast