User Tag List

Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Solar Panel as delivered.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I guess it pays to whinge in social media. A new panel is being organised. It'll be interesting to see how long it takes, but realistically it shouldn't have got to this stage.
    Thanks to all that commented and shared my post...
    GROOVY GUVII

2" Toughdog Lift, Ctek D250S, 152AH AGM Battery, Homemade Battery Box, Duel Rear Cameras, GME TX3510W UHF, Alloy Roof Rack, Kings 2.5m Awning, Titan Drawers.

2. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to clubbyr8 For This Useful Post:

Avo (15th December 2016), BigRAWesty (15th December 2016), Clunk (15th December 2016), jack (15th December 2016), Maxhead (15th December 2016), NissanGQ4.2 (15th December 2016), rusty_nail (16th December 2016), Sir Roofy (15th December 2016), Stropp (16th December 2016), TPC (17th December 2016), Woof (15th December 2016)

3. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

The master farter
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,317 Times in 6,442 Posts
    Mentioned
    461 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Avo View Post
    after posting pics of this on nearly every post i have a response.hope it helps BOB
    Rip off Pricks! Haha! That got their attention I reckon.

Thanks
    Thanked 12,754 Times in 7,160 Posts
    Mentioned
    119 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by clubbyr8 View Post
    I guess it pays to whinge in social media. A new panel is being organised. It'll be interesting to see how long it takes, but realistically it shouldn't have got to this stage.
    Glad to have stirred them up mate...... Avo was going for it last night hahahaha.

Lets hope they don't stuff up the new one too

Thanks
    Thanked 7,424 Times in 3,003 Posts
    Mentioned
    174 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good news, let us know when you get a satisfactory replacement so we can post again to let them know they have been seen to do the right thing.

Social media can certainly be quite persuasive. When I bought a used motor for our bus from a Melbourne mob (freighted to Katherine) who guaranteed it for 6 months (my reason for choosing them was they had the best warranty) it came with a new rear main seal fitted by them. This seal failed within 100kms & the motor & gearbox had to be dropped out again & the a new one fitted with a speedisleeve. (After a tilt tray ride back to Katherine from Pine Creek). The motor supplier was really unhelpful, point blank refusing to cover the issue under the warranty in 3 separate phone calls. I had a whinge on motorhome forum I was on, not asing anyone to do anything, just expressing my frustration & distress, & within 36 hours I got a phone call saying “Ok, Ok’ I’ll pay for the repairs (cost a further $800 at Katherine rates) provided you post on that forum that I honoured the warranty”. Turned out he had been bombarded by emails & phone calls from other forum members! I agreed, & once he had paid the bill I made the post, but of course by then it was obvious to anyone reading it what had happened & the reason for the outcome. As it was, when the motor was dropped out on the second occasion it was discovered that the rear main seal had been fitted incorrectly, there was an inboard ‘seal support ring’ which had been fitted the wrong way round.

2006 4.2TDi ex-Telstra Remote area Camper. 425w roof mounted solar, 360Ah Aux batts, BCDC1240, Onboard hot & cold pressurised & filtered water, (25 litre hot water calorifier), ARB fridge, ARB freezer, Built in kitchen, heaps of easy access storage, 240v, 3” Genie exhaust + dynotune, 2” lift, 3900kg GVM upgrade, second glovebox, ROH Blaktrak steel wheels, Bridgestone D697's (now Toyo RT's), Redarc gauges/pillarpod, Hema HX-1, Icom 450 CB, dual rear view cameras, Onboard 30amp Victron mains charger, second glovebox, dual seat conversion, TPMS, Boss PX7 onboard air with 9 litre tank, 350w inverter, Steel bullbar, Harrop Eaton diff lock (front), Warn winch, Snorkel, Dual spares , 160 litre water tank, 180 litre fuel in two tanks (approx 1200km range) 2010 Tvan Tanami. (incl another 70 litre water tank) with matching wheels/tyres (& 3rd spare)
    A Nomadic Life (Blog)

7. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Cuppa For This Useful Post:

Avo (15th December 2016), BigRAWesty (15th December 2016), clubbyr8 (15th December 2016), Clunk (15th December 2016), mudski (15th December 2016), rusty_nail (16th December 2016), Stropp (16th December 2016)

Thanks
    Thanked 6,997 Times in 2,911 Posts
    Mentioned
    76 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    great outcome mate
    I got red dust in my veins.

Check out My Rig here: Broken

Pics of Forum trips I've Been on:
    Pizza at AB's - 2012 Knockwood - 2013 Krissos Place Australia Day - 2015 Pizza at AB's - March 2015 Pizza at AB's - May 2015 Dargo - 2015 Newnes - 2016

WARNING: Towballs used for recoveries can, and do kill people and damage property.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to rusty_nail For This Useful Post:

clubbyr8 (17th December 2016)

Thanks
    Thanked 12,754 Times in 7,160 Posts
    Mentioned
    119 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    arseholes........ Avo is banned too apparently lol

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Clunk For This Useful Post:

Avo (17th December 2016), Stropp (17th December 2016)

Thanks
    Thanked 3,775 Times in 2,035 Posts
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wondering if I should take the same action with the draws that I ordered. Just trying to get a date. If I have to wait a month or two that's fine just would like to know. Calling them is useless as no one picks up.

Edit.
    I'm going past the Lilydale store later today, will see if I can pop in.
    Last edited by jay see; 17th December 2016 at 06:10 AM.
    12/97 GEE YOU
    4.5lt Gas blower. Lots of mods to come.....all in good time.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jay see View Post
    Wondering if I should take the same action with the draws that I ordered. Just trying to get a date. If I have to wait a month or two that's fine just would like to know. Calling them is useless as no one picks up.

Edit.
    I'm going past the Lilydale store later today, will see if I can pop in.
    I got my drawers but the wings were out of stock, they were supposed to send this last week, didn't happen. Can't put the drawers in their final position without the wings, it's very frustrating. Drawers turned up with some allen screws missing and the bearings on the fridge slide were loose. I sourced the screws myself as they wanted me to jump through hoops to get replacement parts (had to wait a week for someone to say yes or no. The fridge slide bearings are impossible to tighten insitu. So when you get yours, check the all the bearings are tight or you'll be pulling them out again to fix it.

Having said that, the drawers are an excellent bit of kit and well worth the $365 plus freight I paid for them.
    GROOVY GUVII

2" Toughdog Lift, Ctek D250S, 152AH AGM Battery, Homemade Battery Box, Duel Rear Cameras, GME TX3510W UHF, Alloy Roof Rack, Kings 2.5m Awning, Titan Drawers.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,775 Times in 2,035 Posts
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I got my drawers but the wings were out of stock, they were supposed to send this last week, didn't happen. Can't put the drawers in their final position without the wings, it's very frustrating. Drawers turned up with some allen screws missing and the bearings on the fridge slide were loose. I sourced the screws myself as they wanted me to jump through hoops to get replacement parts (had to wait a week for someone to say yes or no. The fridge slide bearings are impossible to tighten insitu. So when you get yours, check the all the bearings are tight or you'll be pulling them out again to fix it.

Having said that, the drawers are an excellent bit of kit and well worth the $365 plus freight I paid for them.
    When did you order yours?
    12/97 GEE YOU
    4.5lt Gas blower. Lots of mods to come.....all in good time.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jay see View Post
    When did you order yours?
    Ordered them around 18th November, received them 23rd November. At the time, the wings were in stock but the drawers weren't. Got the drawers but still no wings....
    GROOVY GUVII

16. The Following User Says Thank You to clubbyr8 For This Useful Post:

jay see (17th December 2016)

Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast