Legendary
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,717 Times in 2,675 Posts
    Mentioned
    193 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cremulator View Post
    If it's still advertised incorrectly you could raise it with ACCC as misleading you.
    Yeah, I am licking my wounds still so will see.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to PeeBee For This Useful Post:

Cremulator (20th September 2020)

3. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ]0
    Quote Originally Posted by PeeBee View Post
    Nic, here is the link , scroll down to the additio5nal info section, states it welds all metals including copper??? but nothing about aluminum and clearly states its an AC welder, down the bottom on LH side. Right now I am rapidly losing interest in it. You couldn't weld two jam donuts together with it, its rubbish.
    https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/142478732660
    Thats a different link, looks like an ac welder, but i think 30 years ago migs were ac and they still worked? On mild steel, no dramas.
    No way will that weld ally

Sorry about the double pics, cant figure out to fix that
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Mickhead; 19th September 2020 at 06:34 PM.

Legendary
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    193 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This link I posted is of the exact POS. Here is the absolute best quality I could achieve. Not even close to acceptable.best weld result.JPG It won't do what it is marketed to do - end of story.
    Last edited by PeeBee; 19th September 2020 at 07:03 PM.

Thanks
    Thanked 11,319 Times in 4,989 Posts
    Mentioned
    472 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MB View Post
    A quick word of Milwaukee 18v warning good folks!
    Don’t connect your 12AH High Output Chainsaw batteries onto your old brushed faithful 18v old school grinders and the like, they don’t appear to appreciate it they’re smelling me :-)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Next level this ‘Brushless’ advancement replacement, absolutely LOVE IT :-)

Seriously thinking policie checks should be in order for purchasing these beauties, anyone with an un-armed robbery break-in record should be completely black banned :-)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MB For This Useful Post:

PeeBee (17th October 2020), rusty_nail (17th October 2020)

Thanks
    Thanked 13,496 Times in 6,599 Posts
    Mentioned
    330 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by PeeBee View Post
    This link I posted is of the exact POS. Here is the absolute best quality I could achieve. Not even close to acceptable.best weld result.JPG It won't do what it is marketed to do - end of story.
    Are you using gas or gas less there. That is the welder I have but in a 170amp. Lays an OK weld. Also. What is the material thickness there? It looks like 12mm plate or something. The 130a will struggle to penetrative that.
    Its a Nissan! =====> Its a Keeper!! ....... Got a TD42 in it BONUS!! ....... I'm a lucky bugger! I've got 2 of em!
    Check out my Toy --> MudRunnerTD's GQ From the Ground Up

Quote Originally Posted by Rogue Dung Beetle View Post
    Wish it was Nissan though, Toyotas just can't keep up with the Pootrol pace.
    The only good thing about an 80 series is..... the front end?? Wrong!!, the Engine?? Wrong!! the Full Time 4WD system?? Wrong!! Its the NissanPatrol.com.au stubby holder fitted over the transfer lever.
    WARNING: Towballs used for recoveries can, and do kill people and damage property.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    330 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Sorry it is a 155 Rossi. Appears to be a better model based solely on the case.

Sent from my SM-G977B using Tapatalk
    Its a Nissan! =====> Its a Keeper!! ....... Got a TD42 in it BONUS!! ....... I'm a lucky bugger! I've got 2 of em!

The only good thing about an 80 series is..... the front end?? Wrong!!, the Engine?? Wrong!! the Full Time 4WD system?? Wrong!! Its the NissanPatrol.com.au stubby holder fitted over the transfer lever.
    WARNING: Towballs used for recoveries can, and do kill people and damage property.

Legendary
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    193 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Daz, couple of things. The 130a Rossi is an AC machine. This is a crap alternative to a DC, that you have. the DC will give better weld quality hands down, less spatter and greater controllability. The weld penetration is simply a factor of amperage, generation of a weld pool resultant on the heat directed at the weld site. The wire feed-rate is the delivery agent of the arc and the filler of the void. The plate thickness has little to do with it. These plates were maybe 8mm and they were also vee prepped. The welds simply sat on the top of the steel in essence. These welds were done using gas immersion.

On an earlier sample i did a sectional cut and the penetration was marginal at best, really cocky shit. These were the absolute best quality I could wring out of that welder, even using an argon heavy gas, not straight CO2. I could not get anywhere near what you show in your images. Gasless was a straight out failure. I went back to the Rossi agents regards tech assistance to improve the outcome and got no help at all. Then, they argued the toss about the validity of the info in their advert, which was incorrect and misleading in the main, so for me, I don't think I can bring myself to support their product line again, at any stated cost of perception of quality. maybe if I knew I was buying a machine with significant limitations i would own the issue, but there was so much incorrect info furnished by them, waste of my time and general dismissal of there being an issue, well, GOOD BYE ROSSI.

I am sure a skilled tradesman who does this task every day, will find the sweet spot. the guy who bought it is a high pressure vessel welder, and we wanted a small unit for light welding of exhaust systems. his skillset is better suited to this machine than mine. If i got the quality you presented i would have been happy.

I am going to go with a CIGWELD machine moving forward, most likely the unit mentioned earlier. At circa$750 its an expensive bit of gear to sit under the bench, but my CIG Professional Arc Welder saw 30 odd years service, at times quite brutal and duty cycle overloading and it survived.
    Last edited by PeeBee; 17th October 2020 at 08:00 PM.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to PeeBee For This Useful Post:

MudRunnerTD (17th October 2020)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    330 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Fair call mate. Just after those photos I ran out of wire damn it. Oh I have a spare! Winner. Turns out it was unlabled and was the Gasless wire that came with the unit. OMFG. PUSS. 2cm of weld and I was done. Junk. Went a bought a new real. The gassless is going in the bin.

Thanks
    Thanked 5,663 Times in 3,158 Posts
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MudRunnerTD View Post
    Fair call mate. Just after those photos I ran out of wire damn it. Oh I have a spare! Winner. Turns out it was unlabled and was the Gasless wire that came with the unit. OMFG. PUSS. 2cm of weld and I was done. Junk. Went a bought a new real. The gassless is going in the bin.
    Don't throw it out. You need to reverse the polarity when using gasless.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to nissannewby For This Useful Post:

MudRunnerTD (17th October 2020)

Legendary
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    193 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nissannewby View Post
    Don't throw it out. You need to reverse the polarity when using gasless.
    Matt, this would be the case if it was a DC welder. It is an AC welder and according to ROSSI isn't necessary, despite having been told by 2 of their sales people exactly the same thing, 'change the polarity - how do i do that - here are some photos of what you do', so this and that, made no difference. Also, ROSSI told me the machine is supplied from the factory configured for gasless, no wait, its configured for gas, no, its gasless, anyway you don't need to do anything, its a ripper machine, and being AC, doesn't matter. They lost me at that point, as really, for the price point and the number of times I would have used it, it suited my needs. Now, as some things align, my brilliant CIGWELD arc welder went to heaven last week, so I am without my go to heavy duty cycle welder, so the little solid state inverter arc welder I have will suffice until the CIGWELD unit arrives. Been quite frustrating in the least.

Page 49 of 104 FirstFirst ... 3947484950515999 ... LastLast