Thread: Green vacuum thingy??

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Green vacuum thingy??

I've just bought a 2000 zd30 auto patrol. When I got it home and had a good look, I noticed the vac line to the vnt solenoid was disconnected at the air box end.

Plugged it in, car went heaps better but kept going into limp mode. (I assumed over boosting).
    I've since put a boost and egt gauge and confirmed it was over boosting.

Looking at the vacuum switch near the air box it looked like my hose was in the wrong spot on the switch (Vs other pics I've seen on the net) so I swapped them around.

That gave me low boost and high egt's.

So I put it back to how it was, but I also swapped the direction so the green vac thingy was near the air box as opposed to near the turbo. This did the same thing, couldn't get the boost over 10psi and egts were high.

My question is, has anyone replaced this green vac thingy with new and had it fix an over boosting situation as I think this may be my problem.

Cheers, sorry for the long post.

Justin.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Also, does the green vacuum dampener go between the turbo and air box switch or between the air box switch to up under the inter cooler.

The master farter
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,298 Times in 6,438 Posts
    Mentioned
    461 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Ok. Vacuum supply, from the pump goes in the end port, the middle port is to the turbo and the other port loops back into the resonator box. The green dampener goes ih the vac supply line.

Sent from my SM-P600 using Tapatalk

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mudski View Post
    Ok. Vacuum supply, from the pump goes in the end port, the middle port is to the turbo and the other port loops back into the resonator box. The green dampener goes ih the vac supply line.

Sent from my SM-P600 using Tapatalk
    Cheers mate,
    Does it the green dampener go at the air box end or the vac supply end.
    I just want to get it right before my Dawes and needle valve turn up. (Which I'm pretty sure I bought off you on eBay last night and was posted today to Perth) haha. Small world.
    Thanks again mate.

Justin.

The master farter
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,298 Times in 6,438 Posts
    Mentioned
    461 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pumpdogg View Post
    Cheers mate,
    Does it the green dampener go at the air box end or the vac supply end.
    I just want to get it right before my Dawes and needle valve turn up. (Which I'm pretty sure I bought off you on eBay last night and was posted today to Perth) haha. Small world.
    Thanks again mate.

Justin.
    The dampener is directly from the vacuum supply line, which comes from the rhs of the motor, over the top to the left and to the control solenoid. So when you fit the Dawes in, just have it in that same supply line. All the dampener does is reduce the vacuum flucuations when the motor changes revs.
    Your model will probably have the vacuum canister sitting on top of the motor too. Its slightly smaller than say a coke can, and is next to the intercooler. So the vacuum supply would go into this can, then back out and too the control solenoid. If you still have that there, remove it and just run the supply line direct to the Dawes. The canisters are prone to cracking and leaking, hence why they were removed by Nissan in 2002.