Results 1,091 to 1,100 of 1340

Thread: All Things Chev

Thanks
    Thanked 11,242 Times in 4,952 Posts
    Mentioned
    468 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Fact trying/finding on the brews now here. Was told by a bloke visited near our Albury border last week that SCharged Optimizers fixing their cranks was quite regular for him before?
    https://dewarsengines.com.au/chevrolet-diesel-engines/
    Nissannewby & OldMav strongly advised me too against SC our 6.5’s years ago.
    Must say, old Wal on the border and his top mount turbo air/water cooled system looked pretty descent!???
    Happy with my NA twactor climbing (soon again) just food for thought :-)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Expert
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by PeeBee View Post
    I am surprised you were not sold one with the big injector pump? I know that mine (existing)needs the pre-charge. We did a high country trip last year and I managed to pull a connector apart and disable the pump, the thing ran like a limp dog, soon as i found the issue and plugged it back in, all the smoking and carry on ceased. I specifically asked Greg today if the lift pump they supply for the Optimiser N/A is going to sufficient as it is maxed out, according to my instrumentation on board at 8psi at idle, then falls away to zero psi at 52LPHR. He replied I would need a "Sniper Pump' which was still running at 8PSI but higher volume at WOT. - another $200 thank you - so i am having a look on the net to see if i can find one, as the one I have on the vehicle and the spare i bought from BD, but later found them on the net at 1/4 of the price, delivered.

Regards pump he refers to a 300HP pump and its set up by the guy in WA, the Standyne expert. Before I take delivery of it I need to decide if I want to go 10psi or 16psi, as no doubt that will affect the pump calibration. the injectors are also supplied as Turbo spec, and these are also required. I am trading in my existing pump as part payment for the new one as mine has only done 5000klm

The SC is a Harrop 2300. I rang Harrop in Melbourne direct but they dont sell the inlet manifold or gaskets or the linkage assy for the throttle - not sure I need it, but will determine in due course. They did say they supply the SC to Bullet for their kit though. I think I will probably purchase it thru BD so at least i have some certainty of supply. I know Bullet have some skeletons in the closet and I tried to call them but the call went 'nowhere' and they have not answered my emails.

Regards the body lift, i am totally confused. I have two photos showing the snout and pulley is below the top of the oil filler cap, yet one guy in WA 'just did the lift to give a bit more clearance', and BD are saying it needs to be done. My issue is that its another thing to do, another issue with engineering to overcome and the ARB side Rails are going to hit the factory flares before i reach 25mm lift on the front, so this will require some surgery. I could leave the lift until its installed I guess, however the fan cowl needs to be manufactured to fit the duramax 11 blade fan, and it can't be made to cope with the possibility of the vehicle lift or not as the centre will be 25mm different - so need to make a decision and its do the lift, and know 100% the snout will fit and the fan will sit on the centreline of the cowl. I don't know the clearance or the effect of say making a circular fan operate in an elongated slot cowling??

Regards transmission I am going to stay with the manual for now as its what i prefer to use in the bush. I can't see me needing all this torque until i start towing something to be honest, but just being a torque pig should be fun, as long as the clutch can take it.
    I specifically did not want BD to supply the pump, as I will go AirDog or FASS.
    BD made no mention of body lift to me, as this will affect the fan shroud on the rad, my preference is to run no body lift.
    The 6L90 is rated to 900Nm so the boost will need to be moderate.
    My P400 has one of those 300HP pumps fitted, will be keen to see if there are local to us guys that can tune them.

Expert
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MB View Post
    Fact trying/finding on the brews now here. Was told by a bloke visited near our Albury border last week that SCharged Optimizers fixing their cranks was quite regular for him before?
    Must say, old Wal on the border and his top mount turbo air/water cooled system looked pretty descent!???

Do the Optimiser's have the forged crank?

Thanks
    Thanked 11,242 Times in 4,952 Posts
    Mentioned
    468 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not sure Ralph mate.

Legendary
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,674 Times in 2,651 Posts
    Mentioned
    190 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by poindexter View Post
    Do the Optimiser's have the forged crank?
    No, induction hardened cast iron

Legendary
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    190 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MB View Post

You cant successfully turbo the GQ due to under bonnet heat retention. I will stick with the smaller boost I recon and go the body lift unless I can get a definite clearance height really quick that says i dont need it.

Expert
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No, induction hardened cast iron
    I should be ok then as the P400 come with a forged crank.

Legendary
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    190 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I should be ok then as the P400 come with a forged crank.
    I am not concerned in the slightest at 10psi boost, will be fine. The turbos are set up at 15 - 18psi on these motors anyway.

Legendary
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    190 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I specifically did not want BD to supply the pump, as I will go AirDog or FASS.
    BD made no mention of body lift to me, as this will affect the fan shroud on the rad, my preference is to run no body lift.
    The 6L90 is rated to 900Nm so the boost will need to be moderate.
    My P400 has one of those 300HP pumps fitted, will be keen to see if there are local to us guys that can tune them.
    What is the difference or why your preference for the FOSS or AIRDOG - I know nothing about these pumps and would appreciate the feedback before I commit to the BD solution.
    thanks

Expert
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What is the difference or why your preference for the FOSS or AIRDOG - I know nothing about these pumps and would appreciate the feedback before I commit to the BD solution.
    thanks
    The guys over in the states run these, they include water trap and aeration removal

https://pureflowairdog.com/

https://fassride.com/

https://www.thetruckstop.us/forum/th...-decide.12100/
    Last edited by poindexter; 11th December 2018 at 09:49 AM.

Page 110 of 134 FirstFirst ... 1060100108109110111112120 ... LastLast