Legendary
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,717 Times in 2,675 Posts
    Mentioned
    193 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by threedogs View Post
    Hi all just talking with a mate who just brought a brunswick diesel GU 6.5 TD.
    he asked me if he needs to laminate the front diff?
    Plus as hes only had it a week it overheated last week when it was hot any suggestion?
    Any imput would be great, TID|A
    I think @MB is your man for the GU as he seems to have his running cooler than originally.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Legendary
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    193 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by poindexter View Post
    I was thinking that 8psi may be a bit low. Some of the US guys run 25psi.
    Have you any recommendations from Bullet or BD?
    What will you do for the exhaust?
    Bullet advised me today that 8PSI is the number. They don't see the need for a greater pressure. Flow increase - yes, and they would not give me a number - no idea why - I will ask again. Its getting a bit frustrating right now.

Have asked the question of both Bullet and Brunswick and both declined or avoided to advise the required flowrate. Pretty annoyed, but now have both of them supposedly wanting to supply a suitable lift pump - will see what I finally find out. Either way, it does not sound like they are putting too much application energy into the selection, more that they are using pumps readily avail in Aussie market.
    Last edited by PeeBee; 12th December 2018 at 07:21 PM.

Legendary
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    193 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    OK< S/C ordered, additional accelerator cable bracket ordered, return fuel line kit ordered, 320HP pump ordered, 8 turbo injectors ordered, just need a TD42 accelerator cable to interchange with the existing.

Delivery could be before Xmas but depends on availability of the 8 rib pulley sets that are custom for this installation. Looking at filters now, like the look of the K&N washable units, have checked there is a size that will suit the application, circa 300mm long x 150mm diameter x 90 ID, looking for alternate options - think a cylindrical pleated will fit best for me. Air to and from filter box to be 100mm, fed from 100mm SS snorkel.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to PeeBee For This Useful Post:

MB (12th December 2018)

Thanks
    Thanked 11,317 Times in 4,988 Posts
    Mentioned
    472 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

All Things Chev

Quote Originally Posted by PeeBee View Post
    I think @MB is your man for the GU as he seems to have his running cooler than originally.
    Much cooler for its purpose built slow high country stuff now, wouldn’t recommend twin electric fan setups for highway purposes though @threedogs mate.
    I can highly recommend these Thermostat’s (2 needed) as was found so too do many many yanks.
    Video below showing Rainsey on here years back of the difference between Aussie ‘Tridon-82C’ versus Yanky ‘ACDelco-88C’

https://youtu.be/Z5v9x4FFjng

FWIW: The US Military specs for 6.5 water temps is 88C minimum to absolute max 125C.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by MB; 12th December 2018 at 03:38 PM.

Expert
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    OK< S/C ordered, additional accelerator cable bracket ordered, return fuel line kit ordered, 320HP pump ordered, 8 turbo injectors ordered, just need a TD42 accelerator cable to interchange with the existing.

Delivery could be before Xmas but depends on availability of the 8 rib pulley sets that are custom for this installation. Looking at filters now, like the look of the K&N washable units, have checked there is a size that will suit the application, circa 300mm long x 150mm diameter x 90 ID, looking for alternate options - think a cylindrical pleated will fit best for me. Air to and from filter box to be 100mm, fed from 100mm SS snorkel.
    Did you end going with Bullet or BD for the kit?

Legendary
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    193 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I seemed to be getting stuffed around by Bullet, and their past was worrying me, plus BD gets a pretty healthy discount, which he passed on about $400 of saving - no idea what he buys them for but I have his quote and its about $700 cheaper, however as normal, there ends up being a raft of extras that are not included. For example, you need to upgrade the fuel return line and there is a kit for that; there is also a requirement to buy the 'under manifold' throttle kit, plus source a Nissan TD42 throttle cable to mate with it as the HD unit BD supplies with the N/A system wont fit anymore. So I went with BD as they will be my interface with Bullet and BD takes the risk essentially and also has the relationship and knows them better. The s/c will be avail somewhere around jan 14 but could arrive sooner if they put it together and send later this week, Bullet are shut from Dec 21 to Jan 14. I am waiting for confirmation from BD if I will get their side of things before Xmas as they are waiting for the 8 rib pulleys. Bullet have ordered the 8 rib pulley for mine today. On a positive side with Bullet they did send me the PDF of the SC installation instructions.

Thanks
    Thanked 11,317 Times in 4,988 Posts
    Mentioned
    472 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by poindexter View Post
    I was thinking of doing exhaust design like this. Which is the same as what Marks 4wd sells for the LS conversions
    Attachment 77111
    Please do pause on that purchase for a bit Ralph mate. Pretty sure my currently shed bound big donk GU has stock zaust manifolds pointing near straight down on the arse end!
    Our GU firewalls are a hell of a lot closer than I too can remember mate :-)

Legendary
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    193 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MB View Post
    Please do pause on that purchase for a bit Ralph mate. Pretty sure my currently shed bound big donk GU has stock zaust manifolds pointing near straight down on the arse end!
    Our GU firewalls are a hell of a lot closer than I too can remember mate :-)

I think he was showing more as a concept that actual MB. But good point to mention. I have even less room than you guys so cant do that config. Looking last night at the injectors to remove - holy hell its going to be a mission!

11. The Following User Says Thank You to PeeBee For This Useful Post:

MB (13th December 2018)

Legendary
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    193 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Spoke with the VASS engineer today about putting thru engineering once the S/C is fitted and what else needs to be done in preparation. He claims I need to install a diesel particulate filter in the exhaust. Does anyone have experience with these? I did a web check and they are big, restrictive and expensive, yet BD says he gets his for a sell price of $250 each - doesn't sound like the same thing. My vehicle is a 1997, and i would have thought it would be exempt, apparently its a change right across the board. Apart from that, nothing else, no brake test as already done, happy days, just hand over the cash./

Expert
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Spoke with the VASS engineer today about putting thru engineering once the S/C is fitted and what else needs to be done in preparation. He claims I need to install a diesel particulate filter in the exhaust. Does anyone have experience with these? I did a web check and they are big, restrictive and expensive, yet BD says he gets his for a sell price of $250 each - doesn't sound like the same thing. My vehicle is a 1997, and i would have thought it would be exempt, apparently its a change right across the board. Apart from that, nothing else, no brake test as already done, happy days, just hand over the cash./
    Hi PB that's is correct, get a "100 cell cat" for the least resistance to flow, welcome to the new world we live in......

Page 112 of 135 FirstFirst ... 1262102110111112113114122 ... LastLast