Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: servicing king pin bearings re-grease or only replace

Expert
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    thanks everyone next chance i get ill pull each kingpin plate out one at a time and clean them off and use one of these needles to re-grease them.
    will the bearing need to go back in at the same spot? meaning is i pull the plate out and the bearing gets spun 90-180 degrees and put back in would that be bad?
    im thinking if this happened the bearing would be contacting a new area on the race.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Thanked 13,452 Times in 6,588 Posts
    Mentioned
    324 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fireblade View Post
    thanks everyone next chance i get ill pull each kingpin plate out one at a time and clean them off and use one of these needles to re-grease them.
    will the bearing need to go back in at the same spot? meaning is i pull the plate out and the bearing gets spun 90-180 degrees and put back in would that be bad?
    im thinking if this happened the bearing would be contacting a new area on the race.
    Just remove teh cap and leave the bearing on teh cap. You wont need to use a needle packer for the king pin bearings. If you ahve ever repacked a bearing using your hand then use that technique, will work perfectly. Just make sure the king pins go back where they came from, if your doing them one at a time you cant get it wrong.

that needle grease packer will really only become handy for the pressed in rear wheel bearings as you can only get to the face of the bearings.
    Its a Nissan! =====> Its a Keeper!! ....... Got a TD42 in it BONUS!! ....... I'm a lucky bugger! I've got 2 of em!
    Check out my Toy --> MudRunnerTD's GQ From the Ground Up

Quote Originally Posted by Rogue Dung Beetle View Post
    Wish it was Nissan though, Toyotas just can't keep up with the Pootrol pace.
    The only good thing about an 80 series is..... the front end?? Wrong!!, the Engine?? Wrong!! the Full Time 4WD system?? Wrong!! Its the NissanPatrol.com.au stubby holder fitted over the transfer lever.
    WARNING: Towballs used for recoveries can, and do kill people and damage property.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12