Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The Bush bites Hard if you don't respect it

Thanks
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What a great story and pics to prove it
    I got enough from your story to never have to try that myself...

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Mc4by For This Useful Post:

MudRunnerTD (15th June 2017)

3. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Thanked 8,039 Times in 3,194 Posts
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Great story Daz and a great experience for all those involved, Zach will never forget it.
    Do you think you could have got it out with your GQ? I have yet to see this mythical GQ.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TPC For This Useful Post:

MudRunnerTD (15th June 2017), Rossco (15th June 2017)

Thanks
    Thanked 7,424 Times in 3,003 Posts
    Mentioned
    174 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TPC View Post
    I have yet to see this mythical GQ.
    It exists.......... I've seen it!

2006 4.2TDi ex-Telstra Remote area Camper. 425w roof mounted solar, 360Ah Aux batts, BCDC1240, Onboard hot & cold pressurised & filtered water, (25 litre hot water calorifier), ARB fridge, ARB freezer, Built in kitchen, heaps of easy access storage, 240v, 3” Genie exhaust + dynotune, 2” lift, 3900kg GVM upgrade, second glovebox, ROH Blaktrak steel wheels, Bridgestone D697's (now Toyo RT's), Redarc gauges/pillarpod, Hema HX-1, Icom 450 CB, dual rear view cameras, Onboard 30amp Victron mains charger, second glovebox, dual seat conversion, TPMS, Boss PX7 onboard air with 9 litre tank, 350w inverter, Steel bullbar, Harrop Eaton diff lock (front), Warn winch, Snorkel, Dual spares , 160 litre water tank, 180 litre fuel in two tanks (approx 1200km range) 2010 Tvan Tanami. (incl another 70 litre water tank) with matching wheels/tyres (& 3rd spare)
    A Nomadic Life (Blog)

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Cuppa For This Useful Post:

MudRunnerTD (15th June 2017), TPC (15th June 2017)

Thanks
    Thanked 13,496 Times in 6,599 Posts
    Mentioned
    330 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rossco View Post
    Wow that's epic daz, so lucky to get away without a scratch or dent it's sitting inches from that tree, crazy.

Guess a lesson well learnt but i reckon most of us have been somewhere similar in the past, know I sure have a couple of times. As long as no one gets hurt definatly a lesson that stays with you for a long while.

Despite the debacle looks like heaps of fun, guess it would have made up for our lack of winching the other weekend. . .

Sent from my GT-I9506 using Tapatalk
    I actually enjoyed every minute of it to be honest, was a tough day but there no real stress and no arrogant or demanding people on the hill. We just got it done and everyone went home safe.

I don't think Matt got why I was not angry with him, truth be told your on the money Rossco, every one of us has been there, I certainly have and will remember those lessons for ever. He grew a little on that hill and that's a good thing.
    Its a Nissan! =====> Its a Keeper!! ....... Got a TD42 in it BONUS!! ....... I'm a lucky bugger! I've got 2 of em!
    Check out my Toy --> MudRunnerTD's GQ From the Ground Up

Quote Originally Posted by Rogue Dung Beetle View Post
    Wish it was Nissan though, Toyotas just can't keep up with the Pootrol pace.
    The only good thing about an 80 series is..... the front end?? Wrong!!, the Engine?? Wrong!! the Full Time 4WD system?? Wrong!! Its the NissanPatrol.com.au stubby holder fitted over the transfer lever.
    WARNING: Towballs used for recoveries can, and do kill people and damage property.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to MudRunnerTD For This Useful Post:

Rossco (16th June 2017)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    330 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dads tractor View Post
    Mudrunner that was a brilliant Family Team building excercise one that will be laughed ,ribbed and joked about for the annuals of time ,because Zack will no doubt like to remind you lot of everything he did and how good he was at it .Top shite boys !!
    Hahaha! Matty said I can't believe your not angry. I'm like " mate! You know you can't undo this! It's forever! I own you!! Hehehe!"
    Its a Nissan! =====> Its a Keeper!! ....... Got a TD42 in it BONUS!! ....... I'm a lucky bugger! I've got 2 of em!

The only good thing about an 80 series is..... the front end?? Wrong!!, the Engine?? Wrong!! the Full Time 4WD system?? Wrong!! Its the NissanPatrol.com.au stubby holder fitted over the transfer lever.
    WARNING: Towballs used for recoveries can, and do kill people and damage property.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    330 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TPC View Post
    Great story Daz and a great experience for all those involved, Zach will never forget it.
    Do you think you could have got it out with your GQ? I have yet to see this mythical GQ.
    Yeah was frustrating because I would have just gone home and swapped cars. Would have had no trouble sorting it out with the GQ. Might go back for a look when it's going A few mates are already asking whether it's worth another look. Hehehehe.

Yeah Zach fair dinkum had a Rippa weekend. 200 rounds out of the .22 for fun, a few stalking walks, a big muddy recovery, he hasn't really seen one before and he was actively participating which was fantastic, and then a fast run in the comp truck wearing full race harnesses and hanging on to the Roll Cage! He might have taken a couple of pics to school

12. The Following User Says Thank You to MudRunnerTD For This Useful Post:

TPC (15th June 2017)

Thanks
    Thanked 7,003 Times in 3,398 Posts
    Mentioned
    109 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MudRunnerTD View Post
    I actually enjoyed every minute of it to be honest, was a tough day but there no real stress and no arrogant or demanding people on the hill. We just got it done and everyone went home safe.

I don't think Matt got why I was not angry with him, truth be told your on the money Rossco, every one of us has been there, I certainly have and will remember those lessons for ever. He grew a little on that hill and that's a good thing.
    Agree, your nephew will grow and learn immensely from this and he'll be an infinitely better offroad driver because of it. I know I had my "awakening" from my police rescue incident, but that's a campfire story with trusted companions, not for here! Similar in so many ways: new to 4x4, inexperienced, under-prepared, under-equipped, the long hike out, etc etc! Ahh the memories!

What is the charge? Eating a meal? A succulent Chinese meal??

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Plasnart For This Useful Post:

MudRunnerTD (15th June 2017)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12