Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Idle Problems Patrol 2004

Greetings from Sweden!
    Hello! I have an Nissan Patrol 2004 with the Y61 Diesel engine, also with the automatic 4 staged transmission. It has gone around 30 000km. Last winter my diesel pump failed and had to be totally renovated in England. Afterwards the Engine worked like a charm ,I continued to drive it as normal. During last summer I experienced some new problems. While driving on the highway and doing a overtake the car suddenly lost all of it's power. The engine didn't turn of but it was just as if it shifted to neutral, I couldn't to anything. After a couple seconds the car was back to normal and I didn't face the same problem for a while.
    Now to the real problem. Last autumn the cars Idle started to fuss. It has a strange habit of going up to about 1,500 rpm and staying there. It feels just like a coldstart. When I shift into drive the idle is still high and I need to brake in order to keep low speeds. Then sometimes the idles goes back to normal.
    The engine is running clean and i can't hear any misfires or such. I've had the car into a nissan dealer where they replaced one of the "neutral positions switch", this didn't help. The car is still changing between running normal to having a high idle. Furthermore i've started to experience the same problem as last summer when I lost all power for a while, this seems to happen while the idle is at it's normal stage.
    Have someone faced the same problems? Please help.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Thanked 11,315 Times in 4,988 Posts
    Mentioned
    472 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Welcome aboard from abroad Mr.Pe. It sure does sounds like something electrical is playing up, hopefully one of the 3.0L diesel automatic legends here can help you out mate. Good luck and have a search around the many threads with some keywords for past advice posted up, Cheers!

Thanks
    Thanked 4,651 Times in 3,120 Posts
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There was a recall of the TPS a while ago.
    Call your local dealer to see if the car has been threw the recall.

Sent from my SM-G800Y using Tapatalk
    Cheers
    Kallen Westbrook

Thanks
    Thanked 9,963 Times in 7,394 Posts
    Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Check for any errors also do you still run the original intercooler.
    chances are its leaking and you have very little boost.
    Can you pop over to the intros as well no harm done just
    something the Forum ask;s of us all, polite and all
    04 ST 3lt auto, not enough Mods to keep me happy, but getting there

Thanks
    Thanked 2,537 Times in 1,299 Posts
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    G'day mate and welcome to the forum. The loosing power issue sounds like its going into limp for some reason. Don't know about the high revs. @Yendor may have some thoughts.
    2005 GU IV ST 3.0. Snorkel. Roof rack. Awning. Spots. Welded I/C. Dual batteries & VSR. UHF. Barn door hinge extension. Roof top spot lights. Rear drawers. 2" lift. NADS. EGT and boost gauges. Trans temp and water temp gauges. Provent 200 catch can. Rear ladder

And crawling on the planet's face, some insects called the human race. Lost in time. And lost in space... and meaning.