OUR VIDEOS GALLERY MEMBER SPONSORSHIP VENDOR SPONSORSHIP

User Tag List

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Will these wheels fit my GQ - MODS dont delete its not about a brothel in India

Legendary
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,674 Times in 2,651 Posts
    Mentioned
    190 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    OK, just rang PAP and the nuts they say to use are the ones with the taper on them, which are the same as the ones I have on the truck now, and have plenty of spares of, so @Winnie, i think I am ok. I will try these first of course and come back if they are different. the guy i spoke with recommended the $3 nuts, not factory genuine at $6 each. They also have plenty of the 17" alloys in stock from pristine to barked up so i think I will head there for the top up set later on.
    Last edited by PeeBee; 10th November 2020 at 03:42 PM.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to PeeBee For This Useful Post:

Winnie (10th November 2020)

3. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Thanked 13,452 Times in 6,588 Posts
    Mentioned
    324 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Just make sure the taper is right Phil. Those GUIV Alloys were renowned for coming off. So much so that Nissan did a safety recall on them and added wheel nut cap markers like you see on the Mines to ensure owners noticed if the nuts where coming loose.

They are 17 x 8 with a +10 offset. They look pretty good painted Black too.
    Its a Nissan! =====> Its a Keeper!! ....... Got a TD42 in it BONUS!! ....... I'm a lucky bugger! I've got 2 of em!
    Check out my Toy --> MudRunnerTD's GQ From the Ground Up

Quote Originally Posted by Rogue Dung Beetle View Post
    Wish it was Nissan though, Toyotas just can't keep up with the Pootrol pace.
    The only good thing about an 80 series is..... the front end?? Wrong!!, the Engine?? Wrong!! the Full Time 4WD system?? Wrong!! Its the NissanPatrol.com.au stubby holder fitted over the transfer lever.
    WARNING: Towballs used for recoveries can, and do kill people and damage property.

Legendary
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    190 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MudRunnerTD View Post
    Just make sure the taper is right Phil. Those GUIV Alloys were renowned for coming off. So much so that Nissan did a safety recall on them and added wheel nut cap markers like you see on the Mines to ensure owners noticed if the nuts where coming loose.

They are 17 x 8 with a +10 offset. They look pretty good painted Black too.
    Thanks Darren. Speaking with PAP today they were recommending the same nuts I have on my steel wheels, not even the Nissan nuts, but I will ring the local dealer tomorrow and ask the question and get the factory recommended part number, just to be sure. I was thi9nking about the black funny enough. but wonder how durable a painted black finish on aluminum will stand up and how much gouges will stick out black on silver - might run them silver first then mod it later - what finish is recommended - do you know or do they anodise finish the wheels?

I trial fitted one wheel and they do look good, sit in slightly under the flare line as well, instead of right on with the ones I have now.

Thanks
    Thanked 11,242 Times in 4,952 Posts
    Mentioned
    468 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hydro Dipping alloy rims with fully sick patterns for the Vic High Country is all the rage these days Philstar :-(

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Legendary
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    190 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MB View Post
    Hydro Dipping alloy rims with fully sick patterns for the Vic High Country is all the rage these days Philstar :-(

Do ya really think that is 'me'??????

8. The Following User Says Thank You to PeeBee For This Useful Post:

MB (10th November 2020)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    468 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    True true, save your money actually Brother, they’ll look the same soon enough anyways :-)

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MB For This Useful Post:

growler2058 (11th November 2020), PeeBee (10th November 2020)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    468 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    True story sorry Philstar!
    My most favourite and widely used onboard tool and many others before in our VHC is a Mash Hammer

https://www.kincrome.com.au/club-hammer-grpht-1-8kg-4lb

This exact model (400mm) I’ve personally relied on for many years, older blokes with stronger arms tought get by with old school wooden handle shorter/lighter but far more aggressive swings on rims/guards/bars etc....:-)

Thanks
    Thanked 6,959 Times in 3,376 Posts
    Mentioned
    109 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by PeeBee View Post
    Thanks Darren. Speaking with PAP today they were recommending the same nuts I have on my steel wheels, not even the Nissan nuts, but I will ring the local dealer tomorrow and ask the question and get the factory recommended part number, just to be sure. I was thi9nking about the black funny enough. but wonder how durable a painted black finish on aluminum will stand up and how much gouges will stick out black on silver - might run them silver first then mod it later - what finish is recommended - do you know or do they anodise finish the wheels?

I trial fitted one wheel and they do look good, sit in slightly under the flare line as well, instead of right on with the ones I have now.
    Phil, mate, use a flat cut alloy rim nut, not a chamfered steel rim nut for your alloy rims. Big friction increase.

Alloy nut:

thumbnail_20201110_222220.jpg

Steely nut:

thumbnail_20201110_222229.jpg

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Plasnart For This Useful Post:

growler2058 (11th November 2020)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    468 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Philstar, I honestly can’t thank you enough for the years of mechanical & electrical engineering assistance, you’re vast knowledge has always been my nuffy bush hack saving grace, really appreciated Mate
    Please let me guide you on maybe the only one thing I might have experience on (bad in fact) that alloy rims are Fair Dinkum dangerous in and out of our shared Victorian rocky tracks!
    As mentioned today, alloys may or may not haunt you during track adventures but my experience of hairline cracks at highway speeds exploding soon after are enough for me to please pass on a horrible day near had :-(

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MB For This Useful Post:

growler2058 (11th November 2020), PeeBee (11th November 2020)

Legendary
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    190 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MB View Post
    Philstar, I honestly can’t thank you enough for the years of mechanical & electrical engineering assistance, you’re vast knowledge has always been my nuffy bush hack saving grace, really appreciated Mate
    Please let me guide you on maybe the only one thing I might have experience on (bad in fact) that alloy rims are Fair Dinkum dangerous in and out of our shared Victorian rocky tracks!
    As mentioned today, alloys may or may not haunt you during track adventures but my experience of hairline cracks at highway speeds exploding soon after are enough for me to please pass on a horrible day near had :-(

Thanks Mark, perhaps i will save the alloys for my set of road tyres and secure a set of steelies for the bush. I can't see me taking a mash hammer to an alloy after bending a lip!

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to PeeBee For This Useful Post:

growler2058 (11th November 2020), MB (11th November 2020)

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast