Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: No adjustment left on my rear panhard

Thanks
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by PeeBee View Post
    At the end of the day, based on the amount of money you have shelled out, this kit should be foolproof. Making compromises should not be within the field of purchase unless you know they are there to begin with. This sorry tale brings back all the dramas I have had with the chev and s/c conversion, all supposedly well developed and thought out 'kits' - could not be further from the truth. I would be telling Superior to either fix the issue to your expectation, as defined in their literature, or take them to fair trading for misrepresentation or rip it out and send it back for a full refund. A number of the suggestions above are pragmatic solutions however really are compromises on what you expected the kit to deliver. At the end of the day its your cash and what value you expect to get for it - I mean there have been issues with the springs as well from memory - the manufacturer should not be allowed to dish this up and expect the consumer to swallow it. Just my 2C.
    Not wrong mate. I don't mind paying a premium to support someone else's hard work (a kit) and saving myself some time but it gives me the shts when you could have done a better job yourself or you still have to modify/cut and weld it in anyway. Such is life with mods I guess, but it would just be nice if you got what you paid for sometimes.
    2003 GU TD42 with a few extra ponies

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Legendary
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,717 Times in 2,675 Posts
    Mentioned
    193 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 0-TJ-0 View Post
    Not wrong mate. I don't mind paying a premium to support someone else's hard work (a kit) and saving myself some time but it gives me the shts when you could have done a better job yourself or you still have to modify/cut and weld it in anyway. Such is life with mods I guess, but it would just be nice if you got what you paid for sometimes.
    Agree, and the buggers dont make it easy either. Whats your next move as I am sure the kit is flawed, has to be something simple with that panhard - I seem to recall @Winnie upgraded his diff housings to GU and the only difference on the panhard was a change to a longer end, maybe I got that mixed up with a different rod on the front perhaps?

Thanks
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mudski View Post
    H260 or H233 diff? 12 or 11 bolts hold the centre into the housing?
    Do all Utes run the H260 diff because I was told that these diffs were out of a Ute and yet it has 11 studs holding it in.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 0-TJ-0 View Post
    That is why I want with superior because of the good reputation and they had a top doller kit ready to go but just my luck that everything that could go wrong want wrong and is still is going wrong months after, parts missing from there kits is terrible I just put in the coil tower brace and three lock nuts were missing I had to drive down town to buy more just to finish the job, I sooo wish I just paid them to put it in then they would off fixed the stuff ups and had spare pieces that were missing and then I could of changed the things I didn't like after but I was looking forward to doing the lift myself and the experience of it plus I am particularly about how I like things done and all so the built not brought concept, what do you have to do to get the right shit these days apparently paying top doller doesn't cut it.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Agree, and the buggers dont make it easy either. Whats your next move as I am sure the kit is flawed, has to be something simple with that panhard - I seem to recall @Winnie upgraded his diff housings to GU and the only difference on the panhard was a change to a longer end, maybe I got that mixed up with a different rod on the front perhaps?

I don't know I am kind of thinking of fair trading because I am fairly sure that they miss matched my shocks to springs and are trying to charge me for it to be fixed, I spent weeks emailing back and forth trying to get a quote on finishing everything but it was like they didn't want to do it, I finally got a quote which was quite high and was about to go up to get it done and panhard sorted out then a few days later the corbid-19 come in to play and things started to shut down.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    At the end of the day, based on the amount of money you have shelled out, this kit should be foolproof. Making compromises should not be within the field of purchase unless you know they are there to begin with. This sorry tale brings back all the dramas I have had with the chev and s/c conversion, all supposedly well developed and thought out 'kits' - could not be further from the truth. I would be telling Superior to either fix the issue to your expectation, as defined in their literature, or take them to fair trading for misrepresentation or rip it out and send it back for a full refund. A number of the suggestions above are pragmatic solutions however really are compromises on what you expected the kit to deliver. At the end of the day its your cash and what value you expect to get for it - I mean there have been issues with the springs as well from memory - the manufacturer should not be allowed to dish this up and expect the consumer to swallow it. Just my 2C.
    Yes you are right I have had and still have dramas with my springs as well, I don't think I got around to posting this because I was fuming about it but I contacted superior to finish off the build for in house engineering long arms and ect and cross member chop like they had quoted a year before, they now say that they will not pass the cross member chop which they had previously advertised and that my shocks are now to long that I have to take them out and sell them and buy another set 3 inch shocks off them because the coil springs need to be captive then they will.pass it,I told them that I wanted a 3 inch legal lift kit and that is what they recommended and now they just chang there minds and I have to pay for it.

Legendary
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,717 Times in 2,675 Posts
    Mentioned
    193 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This a nightmare for sure

Thanks
    Thanked 4,041 Times in 1,746 Posts
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by First Pooy View Post
    Yes you are right I have had and still have dramas with my springs as well, I don't think I got around to posting this because I was fuming about it but I contacted superior to finish off the build for in house engineering long arms and ect and cross member chop like they had quoted a year before, they now say that they will not pass the cross member chop which they had previously advertised and that my shocks are now to long that I have to take them out and sell them and buy another set 3 inch shocks off them because the coil springs need to be captive then they will.pass it,I told them that I wanted a 3 inch legal lift kit and that is what they recommended and now they just chang there minds and I have to pay for it.
    Did you specify Dobinsons springs 50-100kg? The kit you posted the link for is a hyperflex kit with their own springs? Also, I explained how/what to check to be able to cross reference the springs you have vs the springs you bought. Did you bother to do that?

Looking the pics. Those bump stops look to have 2 sets of mounting holes? If that is the case Set the passenger side bump stop further to the outside of the chassis. The whole diff shifts to the passenger side on compression anyway that should help clear that.

Out of interest What is the center to center measurement of new panhard v stock one if you still have it?
    96 GQ coil/Cab
    08 G6eT

Thanks
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ben-e-boy View Post
    Did you specify Dobinsons springs 50-100kg? The kit you posted the link for is a hyperflex kit with their own springs? Also, I explained how/what to check to be able to cross reference the springs you have vs the springs you bought. Did you bother to do that?

Looking the pics. Those bump stops look to have 2 sets of mounting holes? If that is the case Set the passenger side bump stop further to the outside of the chassis. The whole diff shifts to the passenger side on compression anyway that should help clear that.

Out of interest What is the center to center measurement of new panhard v stock one if you still have it?
    This is where I think they stuffed up I didn't specify anything I thought I would get the Superior springs and the Dobbinsons turned up instead and when I asked about the springs that no one had contacted me to discuss about the spring raits and type they said they didn't need to because I supplied ample information about how much weight I was carrying, I believe that they got so caught up at looking at spring raits that they for got to look at what springs would suit the shocks that they recommend, and I haven't gotten around to measureing the springs yet I have been dealing with the rear end problems and the bump stops could be moved but the instructions were clear on the off set being on the inside it would put a band aid fix on it for now, by the way there are no second holes there the old bump stop broke of in the chassis and when I want to drill it the drill bit snapped off inside the bolt I have all the fun so the engineer was to busy to fix it and I was going away so I drilled and tapped and new hole beside it all so saved a few plus hundred dollers in repairs.

Thanks
    Thanked 4,041 Times in 1,746 Posts
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by First Pooy View Post
    This is where I think they stuffed up I didn't specify anything I thought I would get the Superior springs and the Dobbinsons turned up instead and when I asked about the springs that no one had contacted me to discuss about the spring raits and type they said they didn't need to because I supplied ample information about how much weight I was carrying, I believe that they got so caught up at looking at spring raits that they for got to look at what springs would suit the shocks that they recommend, and I haven't gotten around to measureing the springs yet I have been dealing with the rear end problems and the bump stops could be moved but the instructions were clear on the off set being on the inside it would put a band aid fix on it for now, by the way there are no second holes there the old bump stop broke of in the chassis and when I want to drill it the drill bit snapped off inside the bolt I have all the fun so the engineer was to busy to fix it and I was going away so I drilled and tapped and new hole beside it all so saved a few plus hundred dollers in repairs.
    How did they know what weight you are carrying in the first place? That is info you would have had to give out.

Do you still have the instructions for the bump stops that you can post. It makes sense to have the drivers side offset in and passenger side offset out, because of the way the rear end cycles
    96 GQ coil/Cab
    08 G6eT

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast