OUR VIDEOS GALLERY MEMBER SPONSORSHIP VENDOR SPONSORSHIP

User Tag List

Page 1182 of 1450 FirstFirst ... 18268210821132117211801181118211831184119212321282 ... LastLast
Results 11,811 to 11,820 of 14491

Thread: What has made you Angry Today???????

The master farter
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,298 Times in 6,438 Posts
    Mentioned
    461 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problem is too that I also need to put another permit in with these carnts because we want to build a retaining wall that will be some 6ft high so we can widen our parking area. Plus they have put up our rates by about $150 a quarter.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

The master farter
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    461 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MB View Post
    Was getting put through the ringer Mark for our shed permits many years ago with same council too mate. Wasn’t until my pestering for the urgent need to catch additional bushfire fighting water that they came to the party real quick. Follow up every phone call with an email “As discussed” !!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Yeah I dont think I can use that tactic...

Legendary
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,717 Times in 2,675 Posts
    Mentioned
    193 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The retaining wall should be capable of being wrapped up in the same permit if it is aligned work, even if it means re-submitting the paperwork with it in the same package, or are they carving the wall out for special attention? They may seperate it because compliance of a civil/structural nature may be handled differently?

Regards rates, I feel your pain. Ours went up as well, and the council valuation is crazy on our property - like 600K more than what we could get if we sold it - I am going to challenge mine for sure on that basis as council costs just cannot be left to run up without control and expect the rate payer to pick up the bill

5. The Following User Says Thank You to PeeBee For This Useful Post:

mudski (13th September 2018)

The master farter
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    461 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by PeeBee View Post
    The retaining wall should be capable of being wrapped up in the same permit if it is aligned work, even if it means re-submitting the paperwork with it in the same package, or are they carving the wall out for special attention? They may seperate it because compliance of a civil/structural nature may be handled differently?

Regards rates, I feel your pain. Ours went up as well, and the council valuation is crazy on our property - like 600K more than what we could get if we sold it - I am going to challenge mine for sure on that basis as council costs just cannot be left to run up without control and expect the rate payer to pick up the bill
    Im going to do a separate permit for the wall. Stuffed if Im waiting 8-12 months for the wall. I need progress in my life. Lol. Not a stale bottle of piss like the council have given me.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,776 Times in 1,518 Posts
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We had a massive shit fight with council when we built our place over permits. Long story short, we went to the MBA and got permits for the shed, pergola and retraining wall. No issues, no council involvement.
    Cheers
    Jack

2012 Simpson 50th Anniversary Edition.
    WARNING: Towballs used for recoveries can, and do kill people and damage property.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to jack For This Useful Post:

mudski (13th September 2018)

Thanks
    Thanked 6,917 Times in 2,750 Posts
    Mentioned
    192 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Anyone know why pictures aren't working with tapa lately? Been bloody anoying . . .

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

The master farter
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    461 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mudski View Post
    Im going to do a separate permit for the wall. Stuffed if Im waiting 8-12 months for the wall. I need progress in my life. Lol. Not a stale bottle of piss like the council have given me.
    So talking with the draftsman this arvo, its going to be cheaper and easier if I do the wall and extension as one. So I'm gonna have to wait. Ah well. Time to focus my priorities on something else on the house. Coz there not a lot I need to do... Haha!
    I might concentrate on the rumpus down stairs maybe. Or start on the vegie patch for the backyard. Which is a task in itself...
    Last edited by mudski; 13th September 2018 at 08:17 PM.

Thanks
    Thanked 7,002 Times in 3,397 Posts
    Mentioned
    109 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jack View Post
    We had a massive shit fight with council when we built our place over permits. Long story short, we went to the MBA and got permits for the shed, pergola and retraining wall. No issues, no council involvement.
    Anyone needing a building permit should find a private Building Surveyor and not deal with council building depts. Building Regulations in Victoria allow building permits to be issued by all Building Surveyors with relevant qualifications ("Building Surveyor - Limited" registration for low rise residential developments, "Building Surveyor - Unlimited" registration for large scale commercial/industrial developments).

You will normally get better service from the private guys (they're running a business so will work for paying clients, not public servants where there's no motivation to provide service). You'll have faster turnaround but you'll pay more for it too.

Of course there will be red tape, you're dealing in a highly regulated industry when it comes to building approvals. But you should get clear advice on what is required and times involved.

In Victoria, when a private Building Surveyor issues a building permit, they send a copy of the issued building permit and all approved design documents to council which they are obliged to keep in archives until that building is demolished. Other states work in similar yet slightly different manners.

Yellow Pages Building Surveyors in your area and give them a call. Give council a miss.

Different for town planning issues though. You can use private town planning consultants but only council can issue planning permits. A private Building Surveyor will check to see if any planning issues need to be dealt with before building permits can be issued.

What is the charge? Eating a meal? A succulent Chinese meal??

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Plasnart For This Useful Post:

jack (13th September 2018), PeeBee (13th September 2018)

Thanks
    Thanked 12,414 Times in 6,257 Posts
    Mentioned
    201 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rossco View Post
    Anyone know why pictures aren't working with tapa lately? Been bloody anoying . . .

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
    Yeah I haven't seen any pics for about a week or so now. Pain in the ass!

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

The master farter
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    461 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Plasnart View Post
    Anyone needing a building permit should find a private Building Surveyor and not deal with council building depts. Building Regulations in Victoria allow building permits to be issued by all Building Surveyors with relevant qualifications ("Building Surveyor - Limited" registration for low rise residential developments, "Building Surveyor - Unlimited" registration for large scale commercial/industrial developments).

You will normally get better service from the private guys (they're running a business so will work for paying clients, not public servants where there's no motivation to provide service). You'll have faster turnaround but you'll pay more for it too.

Of course there will be red tape, you're dealing in a highly regulated industry when it comes to building approvals. But you should get clear advice on what is required and times involved.

In Victoria, when a private Building Surveyor issues a building permit, they send a copy of the issued building permit and all approved design documents to council which they are obliged to keep in archives until that building is demolished. Other states work in similar yet slightly different manners.

Yellow Pages Building Surveyors in your area and give them a call. Give council a miss.

Different for town planning issues though. You can use private town planning consultants but only council can issue planning permits. A private Building Surveyor will check to see if any planning issues need to be dealt with before building permits can be issued.
    Yeah we are using a private guy, but it has to go by the council first regardless. I have learnt today, even though we are on a battleaxe block, meaning the front of my house faces the back of someone elses, council requires a full town planning permit as its facing the front of the block. So it is what it is. Onwards and upwards.

Page 1182 of 1450 FirstFirst ... 18268210821132117211801181118211831184119212321282 ... LastLast