Thread: TD42 conversion questions

Thanks
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

TD42 conversion questions

Hi guys
    Recently decided it was time to say goodbye to the old ZD30di and bought myself a NA TD42 off gumtree. Now obviously the motor is going to get rebuilt from the ground up with everything new so it will be like a brand new motor when the turbo goes in.

I've done a bit of research on turbos and have heard very good things about the Borg Warner 6758.
    Obviously any other suggestions are more then welcome.
    A 12mm pump is a must followed by a big top mount intercooler by HPD or cross country (yet to decide). An upgraded hi flow water pump and a much bigger radiator and a few other goodies should stop the over heating.

What has really got me puzzled and really thinking about is what transmission I should go with. Now I currently have the ZD30 auto in the car 4 speed but a manual doesn't seem so bad. But then a lot of you out there would suggest to stick with the auto.
    Can you guys recommend which trans I should go with manual or auto and out of which car to get them.

Thanks
    Jack

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Currently own a ZD30 2000 GU patrol with a dead injector pump about to start a build on a TD42 motor to go in the car and basically rebuild the whole car into a machine of a rig

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Thanked 13,507 Times in 6,602 Posts
    Mentioned
    330 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Hi mate,

Have a look at this thread for plenty of info about the Borg Warner

http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forum...td42ti+upgrade

I fitted the Hiflow water pump and thermostat and a standard radiator. I have No Overheating Issues. I run the 11mm standard pump with 270k on it with no trouble at all and still ache the factory IC on top. Next plan is the IC and probably going to go a Front Mount on the advice of my Braintrust @nissannewby

The Auto would be Nice but the 5 speed works fine.
    Its a Nissan! =====> Its a Keeper!! ....... Got a TD42 in it BONUS!! ....... I'm a lucky bugger! I've got 2 of em!
    Check out my Toy --> MudRunnerTD's GQ From the Ground Up

Quote Originally Posted by Rogue Dung Beetle View Post
    Wish it was Nissan though, Toyotas just can't keep up with the Pootrol pace.
    The only good thing about an 80 series is..... the front end?? Wrong!!, the Engine?? Wrong!! the Full Time 4WD system?? Wrong!! Its the NissanPatrol.com.au stubby holder fitted over the transfer lever.
    WARNING: Towballs used for recoveries can, and do kill people and damage property.