Thread: Check engine light

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Check engine light

Hi guys, a few weeks ago I replaced my leaking injector oil seals. I removed the inlet manifold and had it cleaned etc. After putting everything back together, my engine check light came on. I got my local Nissan dealer to put their scan tool on it and it came up with EGR code found. They said I need a new egr and all gaskets and wiring harness to be checked as well. I bought a second hand egr from the wreckers and new gaskets and engine light still comes on. What should I be looking for apart from broken/melted wires etc. I’ve also replaced fuel, oil and air filters new oil, maf sensor cleaned.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Thanked 2,537 Times in 1,299 Posts
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    G'day mate and welcome to the forum.
    2005 GU IV ST 3.0. Snorkel. Roof rack. Awning. Spots. Welded I/C. Dual batteries & VSR. UHF. Barn door hinge extension. Roof top spot lights. Rear drawers. 2" lift. NADS. EGT and boost gauges. Trans temp and water temp gauges. Provent 200 catch can. Rear ladder

And crawling on the planet's face, some insects called the human race. Lost in time. And lost in space... and meaning.

Thanks
    Thanked 7,519 Times in 3,291 Posts
    Mentioned
    126 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    @AB @Doggy @mudrunntd @Growler someone want to shift this to the mechanical section so he gets a bit more help[
    Watch this space, as there maybe a comment added soon

Advanced
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Is the egr blocked off at all? My engine light on my commonrail zd30 comes on a fair bit then goes comes back etc since blocking the egr, scan tool says it's egr but iv been told its normal once doing the block for a crd