Thread: Happy 10th birthday - nissanpatrol.com.au

Thanks
    Thanked 3,786 Times in 2,089 Posts
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Happy Birthday Nissanpatrol.com.au,
    I still remember getting a message from some feral that was from Victoria that had just started the forum when I was VP of the Westernpatrolclub.com
    Thought that I would give it a whirl and see what it was all about and joined on 03/Jun/2010
    Back then it was just a few of us but now it has grown so much and is a credit to AB and all of the members here today
    Sadly due to health issues I do not own a Patrol any more after owning 5 of them
    Still with Nisan only a smaller version, a Navara
    Never been much for posting, more just lurking
    Was going to say a bit more but starting to get confused
    BIG thanks to all members for making this forum for what it is now

PS thanks to Avo for letting me know about our Birthday as I missed it completely
    Last edited by Woof; 20th June 2020 at 08:54 PM.
    If any members require assistance in anything regarding this forum, just let me know via a PM and I will help you in any way that I can.

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Woof For This Useful Post:

Avo (20th June 2020), jack (20th June 2020), MudRunnerTD (21st June 2020), Plasnart (21st June 2020), TPC (21st June 2020)

3. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Thanked 6,997 Times in 2,911 Posts
    Mentioned
    76 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Woof View Post
    Never been much for posting, more just lurking
    dont you mean being effing up spammers and occasionally people with mistaken identities? <3 good having you here plz dont ban me
    I got red dust in my veins.

Check out My Rig here: Broken

Pics of Forum trips I've Been on:
    Pizza at AB's - 2012 Knockwood - 2013 Krissos Place Australia Day - 2015 Pizza at AB's - March 2015 Pizza at AB's - May 2015 Dargo - 2015 Newnes - 2016

WARNING: Towballs used for recoveries can, and do kill people and damage property.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to rusty_nail For This Useful Post:

Avo (20th June 2020), Woof (20th June 2020)

Thanks
    Thanked 6,640 Times in 3,287 Posts
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Woof View Post
    snip...
    I still remember getting a message from some feral that was from Victoria that had just started the forum when I was VP of the Westernpatrolclub.com
    Thought that I would give it a whirl and see what it was all about and joined on 03/Jun/2010
    Jeez thats a scary coincidence... I got told by some feral V.P. of the westernpatrolclub.com about a forum that had just started and signed up that day as well.

You might of known him, I'll try and remember his name.
    Dolphins are so smart that within a few weeks of captivity, they can train people to stand on the very edge of the pool and throw them fish.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to the evil twin For This Useful Post:

Woof (21st June 2020)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,155 Times in 515 Posts
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey yeah grouse forum & grouse bunch of blokes on here - oh & @AB is here aswell 🤪 met some top people & shared a few jagërs with em - my crowning glory will always be having the honour of giving Sir Roofy his 1st Jagër Bomb - what a moment that was , anyhoo hope to see as many as possible at Licola 🤙🏻

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sprock For This Useful Post:

Avo (20th June 2020), MudRunnerTD (21st June 2020)

Thanks
    Thanked 7,519 Times in 3,291 Posts
    Mentioned
    126 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by the evil twin View Post
    Jeez thats a scary coincidence... I got told by some feral V.P. of the westernpatrolclub.com about a forum that had just started and signed up that day as well.

You might of known him, I'll try and remember his name.
    Starting to sound like a bakers dozen you mob

Sent from my SM-A205YN using Tapatalk
    Watch this space, as there maybe a comment added soon

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Avo For This Useful Post:

the evil twin (21st June 2020), Woof (21st June 2020)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,155 Times in 515 Posts
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Up until recently I’ve been carting out of Dargo - when I drive up there I often fondly remember the conversation I had with my missus on the way up there to the 1st ever meet I did with you guys - “ I’ll go easy on the 1st night till I get to know the crowd , I don’t want to have a massive night 1st up & upset anyone - I don’t really know what they’re like “ . Well that night I tipped Jagër bombs into everyone , got fairly drunk , ended up half half naked singing around the fire , sat on @AB s dog & other shenanigans. Woke in the morning to see the table covered in stubbies & bulk red bull cans . The missus said “ what happened to taking it easy on the 1st night ?!?! “ to which I replied “ I did “ haha good times .

13. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Sprock For This Useful Post:

MudRunnerTD (21st June 2020), mudski (21st June 2020), Plasnart (23rd June 2020), rusty_nail (21st June 2020), TPC (21st June 2020)

Thanks
    Thanked 7,403 Times in 2,995 Posts
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I didn't realise that my joining the forum had been during it's first year. It seemed so well established already back then. @AB built it on the right foundations to create an enduring community.Thanks mate. And on that note, it's pretty clear that a lot has changed for you & that life has intruded into your forum community time, but I hope the forum & your good self will still be here in another 10 years time.

2006 4.2TDi ex-Telstra Remote area Camper. 425w roof mounted solar, 360Ah Aux batts, BCDC1240, Onboard hot & cold pressurised & filtered water, (25 litre hot water calorifier), ARB fridge, ARB freezer, Built in kitchen, heaps of easy access storage, 240v, 3” Genie exhaust + dynotune, 2” lift, 3900kg GVM upgrade, second glovebox, ROH Blaktrak steel wheels, Bridgestone D697's (now Toyo RT's), Redarc gauges/pillarpod, Hema HX-1, Icom 450 CB, dual rear view cameras, Onboard 30amp Victron mains charger, second glovebox, dual seat conversion, TPMS, Boss PX7 onboard air with 9 litre tank, 350w inverter, Steel bullbar, Harrop Eaton diff lock (front), Warn winch, Snorkel, Dual spares , 160 litre water tank, 180 litre fuel in two tanks (approx 1200km range) 2010 Tvan Tanami. (incl another 70 litre water tank) with matching wheels/tyres (& 3rd spare)
    A Nomadic Life (Blog)

15. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Cuppa For This Useful Post:

mudnut (21st June 2020), pearcey (21st June 2020), the evil twin (21st June 2020)

Thanks
    Thanked 13,452 Times in 6,588 Posts
    Mentioned
    324 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sprock View Post
    Up until recently I’ve been carting out of Dargo - when I drive up there I often fondly remember the conversation I had with my missus on the way up there to the 1st ever meet I did with you guys - “ I’ll go easy on the 1st night till I get to know the crowd , I don’t want to have a massive night 1st up & upset anyone - I don’t really know what they’re like “ . Well that night I tipped Jagër bombs into everyone , got fairly drunk , ended up half half naked singing around the fire , sat on @AB s dog & other shenanigans. Woke in the morning to see the table covered in stubbies & bulk red bull cans . The missus said “ what happened to taking it easy on the 1st night ?!?! “ to which I replied “ I did “ haha good times .
    Hahahaha. We should have Banned you then. Jagers have become a Normal Life Function. You are an Animal. Can't wait for the next one mate !!!
    Its a Nissan! =====> Its a Keeper!! ....... Got a TD42 in it BONUS!! ....... I'm a lucky bugger! I've got 2 of em!
    Check out my Toy --> MudRunnerTD's GQ From the Ground Up

Quote Originally Posted by Rogue Dung Beetle View Post
    Wish it was Nissan though, Toyotas just can't keep up with the Pootrol pace.
    The only good thing about an 80 series is..... the front end?? Wrong!!, the Engine?? Wrong!! the Full Time 4WD system?? Wrong!! Its the NissanPatrol.com.au stubby holder fitted over the transfer lever.
    WARNING: Towballs used for recoveries can, and do kill people and damage property.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to MudRunnerTD For This Useful Post:

rusty_nail (21st June 2020)

Thanks
    Thanked 7,980 Times in 3,174 Posts
    Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The last get together at Marks place you even convinced me to try a Jagër bomb and I dont do that shit.

The master farter
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,261 Times in 6,427 Posts
    Mentioned
    460 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Ahh that was Dargo Cup Weekend maybe four years ago? That was one fun weekend. A wet weekend but bloody hell. Sooooo good. We need to do another Dargo trip.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast