OUR VIDEOS GALLERY MEMBER SPONSORSHIP VENDOR SPONSORSHIP

User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 19 of 19

Thread: 1999 Patrol GU Y61 Diffs

  1. #11
    The master farter
    mudski's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Eltham North
    Posts
    14,524
    Thanks
    7,560
    Thanked 9,667 Times in 5,751 Posts
    Mentioned
    399 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Engism View Post
    Hi Mudski, I just rcvd my H233 diffs from superior engineering in QLD and they have 9 bolt holes ..... any ideas .... it would seem from your note they should have 11 bolt holes .....its such a confusing issue getting specs and really appreciate anything you can add.
    Centre as in housing centre, not crown wheel. Sorry for the confusion.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  2. The Following User Says Thank You to mudski For This Useful Post:

    MudRunnerTD (18th January 2019)

  3. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement
    Join Date
    Always
    Location
    Advertising world
    Posts
    Many

     

  4. #12
    Beginner
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Posts
    15
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 8 Times in 6 Posts
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Engism View Post
    I will n get back to you ... other forums point to 9 bolt is pre 90 and 11 bolt post 90 .... mines 1999 but others say H233 is 11 only .... whats frustrating is I am in the very north of Thailand at the moment ... will get a mate to check the housing bolts
    thks for your time
    ian
    Hi Again, .... I have been reading my questions and I may have been using the wrong terminology for my questions .... I actually need to know how many holes in the H233 crown gear as I am changing ratio's ... not complete centres. The crown gears I got have 8 holes.

  5. #13
    Beginner
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Posts
    15
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 8 Times in 6 Posts
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Engism View Post
    I will n get back to you ... other forums point to 9 bolt is pre 90 and 11 bolt post 90 .... mines 1999 but others say H233 is 11 only .... whats frustrating is I am in the very north of Thailand at the moment ... will get a mate to check the housing bolts
    thks for your time
    ian
    I think i have been led down the garden path by looking too deep ..... seems there are a differing number of mount bolt on the diff centres but all crown gears have 9 holes and it was the crown gear mounting holes i was in need of knowing.
    Thx for your time and hopefully my theory is right but I have still to physically confirm it ... wish me luck.

  6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Engism For This Useful Post:

    MudRunnerTD (18th January 2019), mudski (18th January 2019)

  7. #14
    Beginner
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Posts
    15
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 8 Times in 6 Posts
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    OK .... I have fitted the 5.13 crown and pinion gears (Nitro) in place of my original 4.625 ratio,s in my Y61 RD28 with BFG All-Terrain T/A 265/70 R16 Tyres and couldn,t be happier with how the truck now performs. For anyone interested the speeds and revs now in 5th gear 2WD are as follows:
    60 Kph (Gps) = 1800 rpm = 68 Kph on original speedo
    70 Kph (Gps) = 2100 rpm = 80 Kph on original speedo
    80 Kph (Gps) = 2400 rpm = 92 Kph on original speedo
    90 Kph (Gps) = 2700 rpm = 103 Kph on original speedo
    100 Kph (Gps) = 3000 rpm = 116 Kph on original speedo
    110 Kph (Gps) = 3300 rpm = 128 Kph on original speedo
    Now in 4WD Low the truck is a delight in the bush .... I also placed a stiff sponge under the throttle pedal after another posters suggestion to fix the sensitivity of the Fly By Wire throttle pedal system and it has completly stopped any of the normal sensitivity that caused the jerky throttle response in the rough .... over all the machine is exactly how I feel Nissan should have set it up from the factory ... very happy camper.

  8. The Following User Says Thank You to Engism For This Useful Post:

    MudRunnerTD (27th March 2019)

  9. #15
    Moderator MudRunnerTD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Geelong
    Posts
    14,885
    Thanks
    11,402
    Thanked 12,572 Times in 6,248 Posts
    Mentioned
    288 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Engism View Post
    OK .... I have fitted the 5.13 crown and pinion gears (Nitro) in place of my original 4.625 ratio,s in my Y61 RD28 with BFG All-Terrain T/A 265/70 R16 Tyres and couldn,t be happier with how the truck now performs. For anyone interested the speeds and revs now in 5th gear 2WD are as follows:
    60 Kph (Gps) = 1800 rpm = 68 Kph on original speedo
    70 Kph (Gps) = 2100 rpm = 80 Kph on original speedo
    80 Kph (Gps) = 2400 rpm = 92 Kph on original speedo
    90 Kph (Gps) = 2700 rpm = 103 Kph on original speedo
    100 Kph (Gps) = 3000 rpm = 116 Kph on original speedo
    110 Kph (Gps) = 3300 rpm = 128 Kph on original speedo
    Now in 4WD Low the truck is a delight in the bush .... I also placed a stiff sponge under the throttle pedal after another posters suggestion to fix the sensitivity of the Fly By Wire throttle pedal system and it has completly stopped any of the normal sensitivity that caused the jerky throttle response in the rough .... over all the machine is exactly how I feel Nissan should have set it up from the factory ... very happy camper.
    Awesome. Glad your happy with it. Where did you get those ratios? What did you do with your 4.6s?? You should have sourced some 3.9s cheap and swapped them and sold your complete 4.6s centres for good coin.
    Its a Nissan! =====> Its a Keeper!! ....... Got a TD42 in it BONUS!! ....... I'm a lucky bugger! I've got 2 of em!
    Check out my Toy --> MudRunnerTD's GQ From the Ground Up

    Quote Originally Posted by Rogue Dung Beetle View Post
    Wish it was Nissan though, Toyotas just can't keep up with the Pootrol pace.
    The only good thing about an 80 series is..... the front end?? Wrong!!, the Engine?? Wrong!! the Full Time 4WD system?? Wrong!! Its the NissanPatrol.com.au stubby holder fitted over the transfer lever.
    WARNING: Towballs used for recoveries can, and do kill people and damage property.

  10. #16
    ......... MB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    Yarra Valley
    Posts
    7,201
    Thanks
    18,467
    Thanked 9,331 Times in 4,115 Posts
    Mentioned
    399 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Man......I’m a mechanical nuffy but honestly thought Nissan was slow arsed maxed at 4.6ers? Which country/variants had slower diif ratios like these torque monster coggs?
    Must say Australian highway travelling behind great mates with their 4.6ers becomes tiresome at 100kmph. All that’s really needed I newly found was transfer case LR reduction gears for off-road stupidly steep slow stuff, still highway flying along.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  11. #17
    The master farter
    mudski's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Eltham North
    Posts
    14,524
    Thanks
    7,560
    Thanked 9,667 Times in 5,751 Posts
    Mentioned
    399 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MudRunnerTD View Post
    Awesome. Glad your happy with it. Where did you get those ratios? What did you do with your 4.6s?? You should have sourced some 3.9s cheap and swapped them and sold your complete 4.6s centres for good coin.
    Superior Engineering sell them Daz. Also mate, unless im reading this wrong going 3.9's would be the totally opposite of what the op was wanting to achieve.

  12. #18
    Moderator MudRunnerTD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Geelong
    Posts
    14,885
    Thanks
    11,402
    Thanked 12,572 Times in 6,248 Posts
    Mentioned
    288 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mudski View Post
    Superior Engineering sell them Daz. Also mate, unless im reading this wrong going 3.9's would be the totally opposite of what the op was wanting to achieve.
    Yeah you read it wrong. The 4.6s are worth coin in the carriers as complete 3rd members. Pull them out and sell them set up. Grab a set of 3.9s at a dime a dozen and strip them for the 5.1s into. you'd be at least $700 better off id reckon.
    Its a Nissan! =====> Its a Keeper!! ....... Got a TD42 in it BONUS!! ....... I'm a lucky bugger! I've got 2 of em!
    Check out my Toy --> MudRunnerTD's GQ From the Ground Up

    Quote Originally Posted by Rogue Dung Beetle View Post
    Wish it was Nissan though, Toyotas just can't keep up with the Pootrol pace.
    The only good thing about an 80 series is..... the front end?? Wrong!!, the Engine?? Wrong!! the Full Time 4WD system?? Wrong!! Its the NissanPatrol.com.au stubby holder fitted over the transfer lever.
    WARNING: Towballs used for recoveries can, and do kill people and damage property.

  13. The Following User Says Thank You to MudRunnerTD For This Useful Post:

    mudski (29th March 2019)

  14. #19
    The master farter
    mudski's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Eltham North
    Posts
    14,524
    Thanks
    7,560
    Thanked 9,667 Times in 5,751 Posts
    Mentioned
    399 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MudRunnerTD View Post
    Yeah you read it wrong. The 4.6s are worth coin in the carriers as complete 3rd members. Pull them out and sell them set up. Grab a set of 3.9s at a dime a dozen and strip them for the 5.1s into. you'd be at least $700 better off id reckon.
    Yeah after re reading it, that makes sense.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •