Thread: Interesting read - doesn't mince words about ZD30's

Thanks
    Thanked 7,424 Times in 3,003 Posts
    Mentioned
    174 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 10G View Post
    I absolutely 100% agree with all that Cuppa. My 'telling people off' comment wasn't aimed at anyone, sorry if made you feel uneasy or anything.

I think I'm just fed up living in a PC (politically correct) world.
    No worries Matt, I wasn’t taking anything you (or anyone else) had said personally, I just chose to use a personal example that came to mind.
    I do feel similarly to you about unnecessary political correctness,(is their any other type?) but also feel that the term politically correct is one that is more often than not wheeled out to suit a perspective.

Just to stir the pot a bit more some might say that the legal requirement to ensure that their vehicle’s emission controls were in full working order is a result of ‘political correctness’. However we all know that vehicle emissions are increasingly bad for the planet. Nevertheless many of us , for example, choose to block our vehicle’s EGR valve. We do this out of personal preference but too often fail to acknowledge responsibility for this personal decision, instead blaming the law or law makers or even the ‘Greenies’ for being ‘political correct’ to justify our decision.
    Last edited by Cuppa; 8th September 2016 at 06:11 PM.

2006 4.2TDi ex-Telstra Remote area Camper. 425w roof mounted solar, 360Ah Aux batts, BCDC1240, Onboard hot & cold pressurised & filtered water, (25 litre hot water calorifier), ARB fridge, ARB freezer, Built in kitchen, heaps of easy access storage, 240v, 3” Genie exhaust + dynotune, 2” lift, 3900kg GVM upgrade, second glovebox, ROH Blaktrak steel wheels, Bridgestone D697's (now Toyo RT's), Redarc gauges/pillarpod, Hema HX-1, Icom 450 CB, dual rear view cameras, Onboard 30amp Victron mains charger, second glovebox, dual seat conversion, TPMS, Boss PX7 onboard air with 9 litre tank, 350w inverter, Steel bullbar, Harrop Eaton diff lock (front), Warn winch, Snorkel, Dual spares , 160 litre water tank, 180 litre fuel in two tanks (approx 1200km range) 2010 Tvan Tanami. (incl another 70 litre water tank) with matching wheels/tyres (& 3rd spare)
    A Nomadic Life (Blog)

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Silly question...
    Has anyone done a NOx or CO test on exhaust post EGR blanking?
    Just wondering how much difference EGR/no-EGR makes.
    Seems a bit counter-intuitive to me to recirc hot, de-oxygenated air back in to get better results.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RossKal View Post
    Silly question...
    Has anyone done a NOx or CO test on exhaust post EGR blanking?
    Just wondering how much difference EGR/no-EGR makes.
    Seems a bit counter-intuitive to me to recirc hot, de-oxygenated air back in to get better results.
    I think testing equipment is not common so most people wouldn't have tested, especially if its tested by a govt dept which then makes them fix the emissions if they fail. NOx is created at very high combustion temperatures so they route the exhaust back into the intake to lower these temps at certain times. It's a natural part of diesel combustion so high Nox doesn't mean that the engine is not working efficiently. The problem is that NOx is toxic to humans/environment so they are trying to restrict the amount that comes out by a method that isn't very healthy for the engine when mixed with oil vapour.
    2007 DX CRD Wagon - EFS 2" lift, BOSS Chassis Brace Kit, Steel Bull Bar, Runva 9500-Q winch, FyrLyt's, Rock Sliders, Rear bar with wheel and twin jerry carriers, Drawers, Fridge slide, dual battery, Red Arc BCDC 1220, Red Arc EGT/Boost gauge, Scangauge, Uniden UHF, Prodigy P2 brake controller, CC Intercooler, Pacemaker 3" zhaust, HPD Dawes, ECU Remap.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Cheers @Rock Trol
    I have previously had access to an exhaust gas tester, but well prior to me knowing about EGR unfortunately. If opportunity comes up again, might undertake a little"speriment" (if I can find an EGR motor handy... not much use on my td42!)

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123