Thread: Injector pump banjo washers TD42Ti

Thanks
    Thanked 7,424 Times in 3,003 Posts
    Mentioned
    174 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Injector pump banjo washers TD42Ti

Does anyone know the size of these washers? I want to get a couple of copper washers to carry ‘just in case’, but don’t want to disturb a well functioning pump to find out.
    I assume they will be the same size on all TD42’s? @nissannewby @mudski

2006 4.2TDi ex-Telstra Remote area Camper. 425w roof mounted solar, 360Ah Aux batts, BCDC1240, Onboard hot & cold pressurised & filtered water, (25 litre hot water calorifier), ARB fridge, ARB freezer, Built in kitchen, heaps of easy access storage, 240v, 3” Genie exhaust + dynotune, 2” lift, 3900kg GVM upgrade, second glovebox, ROH Blaktrak steel wheels, Bridgestone D697's (now Toyo RT's), Redarc gauges/pillarpod, Hema HX-1, Icom 450 CB, dual rear view cameras, Onboard 30amp Victron mains charger, second glovebox, dual seat conversion, TPMS, Boss PX7 onboard air with 9 litre tank, 350w inverter, Steel bullbar, Harrop Eaton diff lock (front), Warn winch, Snorkel, Dual spares , 160 litre water tank, 180 litre fuel in two tanks (approx 1200km range) 2010 Tvan Tanami. (incl another 70 litre water tank) with matching wheels/tyres (& 3rd spare)
    A Nomadic Life (Blog)

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

The master farter
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,319 Times in 6,443 Posts
    Mentioned
    461 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Not sure on the size sorry. I just have a part number. Maybe call a local diesel shop. They would know. BSP Diesel in Campbellfield would know for sure. He builds quite a few TD pumps. 9308-7188

Thanks
    Thanked 9,963 Times in 7,394 Posts
    Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    arn't they 12mm by 1.5 squash washers [copper] ,just like a motor bike ?????
    04 ST 3lt auto, not enough Mods to keep me happy, but getting there

Expert
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Cuppa

Just up the road from you is Horsham Injector Service and Alan could tell you what you need and probably pop it in the mail and you would have it in a day or so.

He fitted my turbo etc back in the early 90's and its still as he fitted it with the same pump settings. He gets work from all over the country, knows his stuff.

I rang him when I needed o rings etc for my TD42 a few years ago and he must have sent me enough for two rebuilds as I still have most of what he sent me in the bag after two repairs so far. The pump leaks got done on the motor locally as we have so far done the replacements in situ.

Alan 0353825478. Tell him I sent you.

Cheers
    Chimo

PS If your podologist title is fair dinkum whats the best thing for bunion / rheumatoid arthritis /maybe but doubtful gout?
    Last edited by Chimo; 7th June 2017 at 12:26 PM.

Expert
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Cuppa

Just up the road from you is Horsham Injector Service and Alan could tell you what you need and probably pop it in the mail and you would have it in a day or so.

He fitted my turbo etc back in the early 90's and its still as he fitted it with the same pump settings. He gets work from all over the country, knows his stuff.

I rang him when I needed o rings etc for my TD42 a few years ago and he must have sent me enough for two rebuilds as I still have most of what he sent me in the bag after two repairs so far. The pump leaks got done on the motor locally as we have so far done the replacements in situ.

Alan 0353825478. Tell him I sent you.

Cheers
    Chimo
    why did this thing double post??? interweb is going mad!!!

Thanks
    Thanked 1,062 Times in 615 Posts
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't bother to carry copper washers because they can be annealed on the gas stove if required
    John

2001 GUII TI 4500 - Now converted to TD42T auto with Nomad valve body

Thanks
    Thanked 1,911 Times in 1,256 Posts
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mine were squashed to the shithouse , did not get the size but have an original floating around in the tool box but no way to measure accurately.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,911 Times in 1,256 Posts
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not sure if this is any help Cuppa but super cheap or REPCO will have a grab pack of assorted washers in aluminium and copper , mine was champion brand and the smallest copper washer was an exact fit , trouble is there is only one in the pack .
    Part no for champion grab pack is CBB11.

Thanks
    Thanked 7,424 Times in 3,003 Posts
    Mentioned
    174 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks all, Uncle Frosty came to the rescue via PM (Thanks Uncle). The copper washers are 12mm ID, which as it happens are the same as the sump plug washers of which I already have a few spares.

John, yes they can be annealed & re-used - a definite advantage over fibre washers & I've done this many times on old british bikes. Sometimes though the copper has simply been squashed too thin. The reason I have these ones for the sump plug is because I changed the oil in our old bus at Finch Hatton showgrounds in Qld. I annealed the copper washer like you suggest, because it was all I had. It was too thin & when tightening the sump plug it tore. As a result the plug wept oil until I could get a new washer (none in Finch Hatton) & then had to change it, a messy job as I recall (nothing clean to drop the oil into so attempted a 'quick' sump plug change to save as much of the oil as possible.

2006 4.2TDi ex-Telstra Remote area Camper. 425w roof mounted solar, 360Ah Aux batts, BCDC1240, Onboard hot & cold pressurised & filtered water, (25 litre hot water calorifier), ARB fridge, ARB freezer, Built in kitchen, heaps of easy access storage, 240v, 3” Genie exhaust + dynotune, 2” lift, 3900kg GVM upgrade, second glovebox, ROH Blaktrak steel wheels, Bridgestone D697's (now Toyo RT's), Redarc gauges/pillarpod, Hema HX-1, Icom 450 CB, dual rear view cameras, Onboard 30amp Victron mains charger, second glovebox, dual seat conversion, TPMS, Boss PX7 onboard air with 9 litre tank, 350w inverter, Steel bullbar, Harrop Eaton diff lock (front), Warn winch, Snorkel, Dual spares , 160 litre water tank, 180 litre fuel in two tanks (approx 1200km range) 2010 Tvan Tanami. (incl another 70 litre water tank) with matching wheels/tyres (& 3rd spare)
    A Nomadic Life (Blog)