Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: turbo kit price?

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey all, by anychance is Alitis007 active on the forums? Need some help on the same Turbo kit...

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Thanked 9,963 Times in 7,394 Posts
    Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by digitaltantrik View Post
    Hey all, by anychance is Alitis007 active on the forums? Need some help on the same Turbo kit...
    @AB or @Winnie may be able to help as well
    04 ST 3lt auto, not enough Mods to keep me happy, but getting there

4. The Following User Says Thank You to threedogs For This Useful Post:

digitaltantrik (28th March 2017)

Thanks
    Thanked 20,715 Times in 8,559 Posts
    Mentioned
    579 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Newby would be the man but ask away mate and hopefully one of us can help you, what's the problem?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to AB For This Useful Post:

digitaltantrik (28th March 2017), threedogs (27th March 2017)

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey Guys,

Thanks for the encouragement...

Sorry got glued to the India vs Australia Test Cricket Match and then got busy @ office...

So quickly coming to the point...

So bought the Nissan Patrol Y61 TD42 Diesel (Year - 2000) almost 15 days back... Enjoying the drive all this while... I have previously been offroading on another vehicle which is a Mahindra Thar 4x4 made in India, but been eyeing a Patrol since many years now... Finally got hold of one...

SO the engine is in complete stock condition and no modifications have been done till now at all with the engine... neither have i put in any lift kits... I was easily able to touch 155/kmph on the highway and it was fun...

But,

Now i am really looking to Mod it up with a Turbo kit and other essentials...

I have been glued to google since a while now reading on various portals about what mods to do and what are the best kits, but all seem to have their own versions of pros and cons... And yes i have used the "Search Box" of this forum too with all possible keywords so get solutions and have managed to read up on quite a few informative responses...

I have really been keen on having the best setup done on this dream machine of mine... Not like the craze setups which they do in Dubai and other UAE countries that are built to beat Lambos but something that will be super robust on the Highways and also for offroading...

Here in India although there are loads of awesome mechs and people really invest in foreign cars but the ones who take up these type of turbo projects are quite limited and also have their own reservations about certain things...

SO i thought this forum wud be my best best...

So in a nutshell, i'll point out my exact requirements and plz add/omit any suggestions with ur technical expertise to help me prepare the best package with the best price quote i can look for... There have been so many names thrown around like DTS, Denco, UFI, Safarisnorkel, MTQ and so on... really confused which is the best and most reliable one to order from? I really don't wanna mess this up and

1) Best Possible Turbo kit: What are the different variants of the turbo kit that i can go for maximum Torque and Bhp? Are there anything bigger? As per the current stock specification, my Patrol should be giving round 91-92kW and 265Nm on stock conditon... What is the max and safest that i can go for maximum and safest kit?

2) Are these high mount or Low mount kits? : Could u put some light on which one should one go for and why?

Purpose of driving - I am a Travel writers and filmaker who is also a car enthusiast who goes for long road trips along with Offroading once in a while, so i am looking at a beast of a setup... Would having the turbo kit installed have any sever effect in traffic conditions when i am driving slow considering Indian traffic conditions can sometimes be a major headache...

3) What Intecooler should i go for along with which kit for maximum performance... Kindly share the variants plz... DO i need to go for a larger Intercooler or the smaller and which one would you recommend?

4) DO i need to change my Fuel pump? Which one would i have to go in for in that case? Cause i a mech here and he said that the original Fuel Pump would be fine but i doubt that... Should i be changing the fuel pump too for maximum output? Do we have to go for a larger 12mm fuel pump?

5) Pyrometer and Boost Gauges - which types could you recommend to add to the part of the package to be purchased? i wanna keep a tap of the performance from within since i don't wanna be driving in a guessing state of mind all the time

6) 3 inch exhaust with manifold: Which one do you offer? Also are there any Mufflers like Magnaflow that i cud also buy?

7) Diesel Fuel Injectors: Which one do you recommend?

8) Do i need to change clutch plates too?

8) Also, not sure if you know, but traffic in India gets pretty bad... Would adding this turbo kit have any massive impact on my Car like overheating or anything else?

Misc.: Additionally, if there is anything else that you think needs to be added to make the package a robust kit, plz add in your suggestion and kindly help me with the best quote possible... I will be wanting to install these soon since i am planning a major run through in the coming months, so wud need to spend some time with my Mechanic in all this setup... Also hoping there would be setup guides that these Vendors would provide when we purchase from them?

P.S.: Sorry for having put out so many pointers, but this is only so that i could accommodate all my questions here... I tried reading up the forum as much as i cud, but i just wanted to get the expert opinion...

Will await your positive replies,

Regards,
    Akshay

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey @AB,

Just wanted to check if my post went under moderation or did i lose it by anychance... #Justchecking

Thanks
    Thanked 4,880 Times in 3,231 Posts
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by digitaltantrik View Post
    Hey @AB,

Just wanted to check if my post went under moderation or did i lose it by anychance... #Justchecking
    Hi there @digitaltantrik,

Yes both your post went into moderation but have been approved now.... if you use the @ symbol / insert a www. link / before 25 post ( If I remember correctly ) your post will go into moderation awaiting approval from admin or a moderator.

Cheers

Toddie
    Time is never wasted when your wasted all the time

WARNING: Towballs used for recoveries can, and do kill people and damage property.

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey NissanGQ4.2...

Thanks for clarifying...

I see the post now

Now eagerly waiting for someone to help me with my queries...

Regards,
    Akshay

11. The Following User Says Thank You to digitaltantrik For This Useful Post:

NissanGQ4.2 (1st April 2017)

Thanks
    Thanked 20,715 Times in 8,559 Posts
    Mentioned
    579 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Hey mate a lot of us here have been putting on a Borgwarner 6758 turbo with a 12mm pump using different intercoolers from front mount to top mount getting some impressive results with a very efficient turbo along with good temps.

Have a read below...

http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forum...ad.php?t=38704

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks AB... Didn't know a lot of you use Borgwarner 6758 Turbo... I was thinking more on the lines of Dts and Denco or an UFI... But will read through the thread...

@Winnie : Any views from you end mate?

Best,
    Akshay

Thanks
    Thanked 12,386 Times in 6,250 Posts
    Mentioned
    201 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Hey mate, I run a Garrett GTX2863r which ran really nicely on an 11mm pump. I have a 12mm pump now and the turbo is my limiting factor, I could put a Borgwarner on and make a lot more power and torque.
    Honestly I would recommend the Borgwarner that AB has on his GQ. There are no other turbo out that I have seen work ad efficiently on a TD42.
    The BW also gave some very impressive results on a 10mm pump so I would imagine the same on your 11mm pump.
    As for intercooler, I have a cross country top mount. If I had my time again I would save the money and make a front mount cooler, they do work better at the front. Don't get me wrong, the cross country is a great bit of gear, and comes with everything you need but it was very expensive and isn't as efficient as a front mount.
    I use autometer gauges, they were on the car when I bought it but they are a good quality gauge.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast