OUR VIDEOS GALLERY MEMBER SPONSORSHIP VENDOR SPONSORSHIP

User Tag List

Page 964 of 1450 FirstFirst ... 46486491495496296396496596697410141064 ... LastLast
Results 9,631 to 9,640 of 14491

Thread: What has made you Angry Today???????

Thanks
    Thanked 8,045 Times in 3,197 Posts
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by VK2FMIA View Post
    People selling fakes on Ebay - Bought two Sandisk Ultra 32 gig micro sd cards (aussie seller) a couple of weeks ago for my Dashcam & Gopro, not a bad price, $14.00 each. Alarm bells should have gone off then. Spent last weekend driving & recording some tracks only to find that the cameras were only recording about 40 minutes instead of around 2 1/2 hours. Get to the campsite to find most of the vision corrupted.

They were supposed to be high speed cards, I thought that might be the problem, too fast for the cameras. After stuffing around for a couple of days doing some research I found that fake SD cards are common on Ebay. Downloaded a testing program & sure enough only 7.5 gig available on the cards. Hours of driving for nothing!

Seems that they take an 8 gig card & reconfigure it to say it has 32 gig of storage, computer & cameras think it has 32 & keep trying to write to it, so when you look at the files they are all there, you just cant do anything with them (except delete).

They looked real enough when they arrived. Should have checked the seller's feedback, plenty of negative comments about selling fake cards. Have requested a refund.........will have to see how they respond.

Buyers beware!
    I got caught out the same way several years ago, went on a holiday and took lots of photos and when I tried to put them on the computer only 1 in 4 worked.
    I will never buy any SD cards or USB's on ebay after that.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to TPC For This Useful Post:

Rossco (9th February 2017)

3. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Thanked 1,387 Times in 294 Posts
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TPC View Post
    I got caught out the same way several years ago, went on a holiday and took lots of photos and when I tried to put them on the computer only 1 in 4 worked.
    I will never buy any SD cards or USB's on ebay after that.
    Don't know how they get away with it. Its fraud after all. Won't be buying anymore either. Once bitten.........

Sent from my campfire using smoke signals.
    "Yet, upon the whole, the space I traversed is unlikely to become the haunt of civilized man....." - Charles Sturt

Thanks
    Thanked 12,754 Times in 7,160 Posts
    Mentioned
    119 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    People selling fakes on Ebay - Bought two Sandisk Ultra 32 gig micro sd cards (aussie seller) a couple of weeks ago for my Dashcam & Gopro, not a bad price, $14.00 each. Alarm bells should have gone off then. Spent last weekend driving & recording some tracks only to find that the cameras were only recording about 40 minutes instead of around 2 1/2 hours. Get to the campsite to find most of the vision corrupted.

They were supposed to be high speed cards, I thought that might be the problem, too fast for the cameras. After stuffing around for a couple of days doing some research I found that fake SD cards are common on Ebay. Downloaded a testing program & sure enough only 7.5 gig available on the cards. Hours of driving for nothing!

Seems that they take an 8 gig card & reconfigure it to say it has 32 gig of storage, computer & cameras think it has 32 & keep trying to write to it, so when you look at the files they are all there, you just cant do anything with them (except delete).

They looked real enough when they arrived. Should have checked the seller's feedback, plenty of negative comments about selling fake cards. Have requested a refund.........will have to see how they respond.

Buyers beware!
    I never buy the sandisk cards anymore, too many issues - and those weren't fake ones either............... I tend to stick to samsung cards these days and not had any issues.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Clunk View Post
    I never buy the sandisk cards anymore, too many issues - and those weren't fake ones either............... I tend to stick to samsung cards these days and not had any issues.
    Even the Samsung ones are being faked from what I read today. Will only buy from known suppliers from now on.

"Yet, upon the whole, the space I traversed is unlikely to become the haunt of civilized man....." - Charles Sturt

Thanks
    Thanked 12,754 Times in 7,160 Posts
    Mentioned
    119 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Even the Samsung ones are being faked from what I read today. Will only buy from known suppliers from now on.

That's true..... have a look on catch of the day, they may have some at good prices...... got a 128gb for $70 a few months back

Thanks
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Clunk View Post
    That's true..... have a look on catch of the day, they may have some at good prices...... got a 128gb for $70 a few months back
    Cheers Clunk, I`ll check them out.

Patrol God
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,110 Times in 3,143 Posts
    Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Ordering something from China, medium sized parcel and a DVD sized envelope parcel from Melbourne on the same day. Receive tracking/sent notice for both the next morning... The parcel from China arrives 2 days earlier before the item from Melbourne... And then salt on wound, at the same time, on the news supposedly this Auspost boss is earning a squillion... There is a flaw in the system somewhere.
    2005 TD42TI

Thanks
    Thanked 1,210 Times in 594 Posts
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Talking about selling the patrol over the past couple days to buy a smaller car a save money

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2008 GU6 3.0 CRD AUTO | Safari Snorkel | 2" Ironman lift kit | Runva 11XP Winch | 33" MTZ's | Full Length Roof Rack | GME TX3200 | 30" LED Light Bar |

Thanks
    Thanked 5,354 Times in 3,172 Posts
    Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    But you will have to pay through the nose to get a GOOD, RELIABLE vehicle with documented services.
    My advice is: not to follow my advice.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to mudnut For This Useful Post:

Bacho86 (11th February 2017)

Patrol God
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,110 Times in 3,143 Posts
    Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bacho86 View Post
    Talking about selling the patrol over the past couple days to buy a smaller car a save money

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Damn mate. Hopefully doesn't come down to that but you gotta do what you gotta do.
    Was in similar position last you as you may remember and patrol nearly ended up on the block ...

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk
    2005 TD42TI

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Hodge For This Useful Post:

Bacho86 (11th February 2017)

Page 964 of 1450 FirstFirst ... 46486491495496296396496596697410141064 ... LastLast