Thread: Jump Starter Packs

Legendary
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,674 Times in 2,651 Posts
    Mentioned
    190 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Had a bit of a disappointing event with the Wuldmar 800amp unit. Main battery dropped a cell, fell to 10V at the battery. Plugged in the wuldmar and unfortunately all it did was equalise the starter voltage, then didn't have the grunt to turn the engine over. Checked the wuldmar and it was down to 11 volts in a matter of seconds. Anyway, maybe this is the extreme.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Thanked 6,959 Times in 3,376 Posts
    Mentioned
    109 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Plasnart View Post
    Can someone please remind me how this thing gets recharged? I've got the ciggy plug cable so I can do it in the car tomorrow, but can I do it via USB from computer? If so which port? The 4 USB ports are labelled "Output" so don't think that can be done?

Not sure what I did when I first got it!

What is the charge? Eating a meal? A succulent Chinese meal??

Legendary
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    190 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mine does not charger thru th USB, this is output only. Use the round DC cig lighter plug. I cant remember if mine came with a 240V charger or not - did yours? I have to contact the manufacturer as my USB outlets don't appear to output for charging of the iphone - usually I get a ding sound to say the phone is charging by other sources. I have the 800amp unit.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    109 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by PeeBee View Post
    Mine does not charger thru th USB, this is output only. Use the round DC cig lighter plug. I cant remember if mine came with a 240V charger or not - did yours? I have to contact the manufacturer as my USB outlets don't appear to output for charging of the iphone - usually I get a ding sound to say the phone is charging by other sources. I have the 800amp unit.
    No mine didn't come with a 240V charger so must be ciggy plug only. I think I hooked the Wuldmar unit via USB to computer when I unwrapped it originally! Doh! Anyway she's flat a tack so I'll charge it in the car tomorrow.

I'm wondering what setting I put the unit on to charge the phone. 12V, 16V, 19V?? The 240V plug I usually use at home has an output of 5V. So do I just choose 12V from the Wuldmar unit or could that be too much for the phone? Might just stick to charging the phone through the inverter with the 5v phone plug.

Bloody instructions with this Wuldmar unit were atrocious Chinglish and not much help at all, plus I can't find them now so probably threw them out!

Legendary
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    190 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Use the 5v output plug. The 19v is more suited to laptops and camera batteries I believe.

OK, correction to previous post. I unpacked my battery bank and found a factory supplied USB to Iphone mini cable. I plugged this into the iphone, tried all 3 jacks, nothing. I then pushed the small black button between the 12v/5a output plug and the battery jumped plugs - bingo, turned the charge 'on' to the phone. so happily charging the iphone now.. Can't find any instructions with mine, but being a typical engineer, probably thru them out without reading! I suspect the standard iphoe cable will work with this device as well.

Regards charge capacity, mine sits at 4 out of 5 stars on the side. When charging from cig lighter the 5th light blinks. I can start a V8 petrol engine maybe 6 times before it needs a recharge. recommendation is to keep it topped up though from personal experience.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    109 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Use the 5v output plug. The 19v is more suited to laptops and camera batteries I believe.

OK, correction to previous post. I unpacked my battery bank and found a factory supplied USB to Iphone mini cable. I plugged this into the iphone, tried all 3 jacks, nothing. I then pushed the small black button between the 12v/5a output plug and the battery jumped plugs - bingo, turned the charge 'on' to the phone. so happily charging the iphone now.. Can't find any instructions with mine, but being a typical engineer, probably thru them out without reading! I suspect the standard iphoe cable will work with this device as well.

Regards charge capacity, mine sits at 4 out of 5 stars on the side. When charging from cig lighter the 5th light blinks. I can start a V8 petrol engine maybe 6 times before it needs a recharge. recommendation is to keep it topped up though from personal experience.
    Glad you've sorted yours PB! My previous comment about 5V output was relating to the 240V AC to 5V DC plug I use in power points at home. I forgot to check the USB output rating on the jump starter unit but just did and find they (x4) are all 5V. Bonus! So I could use the "octopus" lead that came with the unit with USB at one end (plug into jump starter) and 4 different plugs at the other end for different devices. But do I set the jump starter at 12V, 16V or 19V when charging the phone, or does this setting not matter? Complete newby with this unit, actually never used it in anger before.

Legendary
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    190 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The USBs are preset at 5V output, only difference is amperage. so if one end is in USB then regardless of the output plug to phone you will get 5V. You unit sounds different to mine as I simply has 19V and 12V outlets, so in theory you could be charging from the powerbank with both at the same time. Regards what voltage for charging the phone, cant you just use the 5V outlet with a suitable plug ? I would check what voltage your phone needs to charge at and then attach the appropriate plug to the lead perhaps? If the phone charges at say 12v charge off 12v setting, if 17V I would use 19v, but if you connect via USB outlet the other 12/16/19V does not matter. I think thats what you are asking????

Thanks
    Mentioned
    109 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    The USBs are preset at 5V output, only difference is amperage. so if one end is in USB then regardless of the output plug to phone you will get 5V. You unit sounds different to mine as I simply has 19V and 12V outlets, so in theory you could be charging from the powerbank with both at the same time. Regards what voltage for charging the phone, cant you just use the 5V outlet with a suitable plug ? I would check what voltage your phone needs to charge at and then attach the appropriate plug to the lead perhaps? If the phone charges at say 12v charge off 12v setting, if 17V I would use 19v, but if you connect via USB outlet the other 12/16/19V does not matter. I think thats what you are asking????
    Haha yeah I think so mate! The phone charges at 5V (240V plug that came with it has 5V output). So I'll just set the unit to 12V as that's the lowest setting, plug the USB cable that came with the power pack into the 5V outlet and leave it at that. If it the phone gets warm after a bit I'll charge it with the inverter with the phone's original 240V plug.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Plasnart For This Useful Post:

PeeBee (22nd May 2018)

Thanks
    Thanked 11,242 Times in 4,952 Posts
    Mentioned
    468 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Honest Product Review:
    ET is flat out on the money; “LiFePo4” ‘Powertech’ bargain!
    At least utilised twice weekly here, thank you mate!

Daedong 100hp 4.2TD sucks out only at best 8%

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks
    Thanked 13,452 Times in 6,588 Posts
    Mentioned
    324 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MB View Post
    Honest Product Review:
    ET is flat out on the money; “LiFePo4” ‘Powertech’ bargain!
    At least utilised twice weekly here, thank you mate!

Daedong 100hp 4.2TD sucks out only at best 8%

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Hey MB do you have a link to that? ETs link is broken. I can only find a 270amp one on ebay for $170?
    Its a Nissan! =====> Its a Keeper!! ....... Got a TD42 in it BONUS!! ....... I'm a lucky bugger! I've got 2 of em!
    Check out my Toy --> MudRunnerTD's GQ From the Ground Up

Quote Originally Posted by Rogue Dung Beetle View Post
    Wish it was Nissan though, Toyotas just can't keep up with the Pootrol pace.
    The only good thing about an 80 series is..... the front end?? Wrong!!, the Engine?? Wrong!! the Full Time 4WD system?? Wrong!! Its the NissanPatrol.com.au stubby holder fitted over the transfer lever.
    WARNING: Towballs used for recoveries can, and do kill people and damage property.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to MudRunnerTD For This Useful Post:

MB (31st August 2018)

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast