OUR VIDEOS GALLERY MEMBER SPONSORSHIP VENDOR SPONSORSHIP

User Tag List

Page 1238 of 1650 FirstFirst ... 23873811381188122812361237123812391240124812881338 ... LastLast
Results 12,371 to 12,380 of 16491

Thread: What has made you Happy today??

Thanks
    Thanked 4,880 Times in 3,231 Posts
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This 3rd Home Brewed Jim Beam and coke ( I didn't brew it..... bought a hell of a lot cheaper though ) and knowing I don't have 2 go 2 work in the morning, although I will be still getting up just as early 2 take my daughter 2 Westmeads Children's Hospital
    Time is never wasted when your wasted all the time

WARNING: Towballs used for recoveries can, and do kill people and damage property.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Legendary
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,674 Times in 2,651 Posts
    Mentioned
    190 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hodge View Post
    Worked with that very ltm1350 many times. Never seen that jib setup though.
    Hodgey, yes needed to get the reach into the centre of the building, had transformers on the ground that we could not lift over without shutting them down, so went with a lift plan for the extended fly and the crane guys were fantastic as usual, spectacular in fact. I was on the roof with the doggie and when the load stopped, it was 'bouncing about 25mm - just nice and slow but understandable that the spring was there. Luckily wind was circa 3klm/hr and at first light, removed the old coil and slotted the new one in.

Thanks
    Thanked 4,880 Times in 3,231 Posts
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Winnie View Post
    2.7k from memory.
    Can fit 3.5 cubic metres of wood in there. Saves me $500 every load I get really. We use at least 20 cubic metres of wood a year so there is no other way to do it

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
    Is that bought wood Poo Bear, or you have a free supply? Nice looking trailer btw..... now just 2 remove the sides and put a jack off camping set up on it
    Time is never wasted when your wasted all the time

WARNING: Towballs used for recoveries can, and do kill people and damage property.

Thanks
    Thanked 7,404 Times in 2,995 Posts
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yay!

After 5 years of blaming my cheap Pioneer radio for the interference it was causing on my CB I finally found the real culprit.

The new Icom 450 went in today after we had found the source of the interference, replacing the failed POS Uniden unit.

The bloke doing the install didn't sound at all confident about finding the source of the interference & if it had been the Pioneer unit I was going to replace it with a GME FM radio he had in stock.

After disconnecting the Pioneer completely from power the interference was still present - not guilty yer honour.

All the young bloke did was to move around with a handheld CB to see if the volume of the interference changed/increased .... & quickly determined the source of the noise was inside the cab. Just a matter then of disconnecting things until the interference ceased.

Lo & Behold - disconnect the rear view monitor & the loud Shhcrchhhhhhhh changed instantly to silence. Woohoo.

Over the years I have talked to many folk about the possible causes of the interference which rendered the Uniden pretty much unusable, including ham radio experts with diagnostic gear & all it took was a young fella with enthusiasm & a hand held CB!

The Icom, with a speaker in the handpiece + an extension speaker next to my right ear is clear as a bell. I wont be using it except when we are travelling, & when travelling the rear view monitor only shows the front of the Tvan & is easy to connect/disconnect so all good. I may eventually try to find an interference free monitor but can get by with it as it is with no hardship.

I'm glad that POS Uniden died. (If there are any masochistic electronics tragics who might have a use for a CB with a non functional display let me know before it goes in the bin).

2006 4.2TDi ex-Telstra Remote area Camper. 425w roof mounted solar, 360Ah Aux batts, BCDC1240, Onboard hot & cold pressurised & filtered water, (25 litre hot water calorifier), ARB fridge, ARB freezer, Built in kitchen, heaps of easy access storage, 240v, 3” Genie exhaust + dynotune, 2” lift, 3900kg GVM upgrade, second glovebox, ROH Blaktrak steel wheels, Bridgestone D697's (now Toyo RT's), Redarc gauges/pillarpod, Hema HX-1, Icom 450 CB, dual rear view cameras, Onboard 30amp Victron mains charger, second glovebox, dual seat conversion, TPMS, Boss PX7 onboard air with 9 litre tank, 350w inverter, Steel bullbar, Harrop Eaton diff lock (front), Warn winch, Snorkel, Dual spares , 160 litre water tank, 180 litre fuel in two tanks (approx 1200km range) 2010 Tvan Tanami. (incl another 70 litre water tank) with matching wheels/tyres (& 3rd spare)
    A Nomadic Life (Blog)

Thanks
    Thanked 6,962 Times in 3,376 Posts
    Mentioned
    109 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by PeeBee View Post
    Successful crane lift today, 12T at 75m reach, 93% of crane capacity, happy days - 350T mobile rig - number plates 'BIGONE'. Replacement steam coil thu the roof of the clients building.
    Worked with that very ltm1350 many times. Never seen that jib setup though.
    That's a fair dinkum serious bit of kit. Boys toy to the max.

What is the charge? Eating a meal? A succulent Chinese meal??

Patrol God
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,095 Times in 3,139 Posts
    Mentioned
    174 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by PeeBee View Post
    Hodgey, yes needed to get the reach into the centre of the building, had transformers on the ground that we could not lift over without shutting them down, so went with a lift plan for the extended fly and the crane guys were fantastic as usual, spectacular in fact. I was on the roof with the doggie and when the load stopped, it was 'bouncing about 25mm - just nice and slow but understandable that the spring was there. Luckily wind was circa 3klm/hr and at first light, removed the old coil and slotted the new one in.
    Seems like weather was on your side.
    Boom flex effect is always there, you'll always get some bounce no matter how slow the rope motor brake is.
    If you ever get a chance stand directly behind crane inline with the boom and have a look up along the boom, it's amazing how much banana effect there is on a boom extended that far. Even without a load.

Up on the towers, we usually see the very tip of the boom, fairly close above our heads. And quiet often you see the boom sway left/right or up down depending on load, and you think , why is he pulling joysticks even hes meant to be stopped. But it's just the boom flex effect, sometimes takes a while to settle.
    2005 TD42TI

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Hodge For This Useful Post:

PeeBee (17th May 2018)

Patrol God
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    174 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Plasnart View Post
    That's a fair dinkum serious bit of kit. Boys toy to the max.
    Shes a beauty!! It's impressive seeing it setup, let alone seeing her do some work.

Here's a tower lift, with the identical crane, just a different job setup.

2005 TD42TI

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Hodge For This Useful Post:

GQtdauto (17th May 2018), PeeBee (17th May 2018), Plasnart (17th May 2018)

Thanks
    Thanked 6,962 Times in 3,376 Posts
    Mentioned
    109 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Shes a beauty!! It's impressive seeing it setup, let alone seeing her do some work.

Here's a tower lift, with the identical crane, just a different job setup.

How's the dudes up there nutting it up?? Sh!t yaself territory haha!

What is the charge? Eating a meal? A succulent Chinese meal??

Thanks
    Thanked 12,386 Times in 6,250 Posts
    Mentioned
    201 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NissanGQ4.2 View Post
    Is that bought wood Poo Bear, or you have a free supply? Nice looking trailer btw..... now just 2 remove the sides and put a jack off camping set up on it
    Nah free supply mate. My best mates farm, he is glad that I am clearing paddocks for him.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Winnie For This Useful Post:

NissanGQ4.2 (17th May 2018)

Patrol God
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    174 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Plasnart View Post
    How's the dudes up there nutting it up?? Sh!t yaself territory haha!
    Pretty scenic up there mate. Fresh air. lol

2005 TD42TI

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Hodge For This Useful Post:

GQtdauto (17th May 2018), PeeBee (17th May 2018)

Page 1238 of 1650 FirstFirst ... 23873811381188122812361237123812391240124812881338 ... LastLast