OUR VIDEOS GALLERY MEMBER SPONSORSHIP VENDOR SPONSORSHIP

User Tag List

Thread: Smashed Navigation Screen - Help?

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Smashed Navigation Screen - Help?

Hi All

First time poster here - The wife has smashed the navigation screen on our 09 Patrol with her surfboard

Not sure where to even start sourcing a replacement for this - Neither did a couple of mechanics I spoke to.

As you can see from the photo, the previous owner installed a Kenwood radio. The navigation screen is pretty old school so I don't use it much but it does have the display for the reversing camera so I'd like to replace.

If anyone could suggest a starting point of where to look, or make any suggestions that would be much appreciated.

Cheers
    Attached Images Attached Images

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Thanked 9,963 Times in 7,394 Posts
    Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    In the next 200mtrs turn right ha ha couldnt resist
    As a first timer most post up an intro then ask your question
    no harm done ,just polite and all.
    Ebay sell good after market plug and play units.
    Maybe some of the CRD guys can tell you what they have.
    Welcome to the forum mate Enjoy
    Maybe repost your question in the electrical section
    youll get a better response, good luck @AB maybe move question to electrical section
    04 ST 3lt auto, not enough Mods to keep me happy, but getting there

Thanks
    Thanked 13,452 Times in 6,588 Posts
    Mentioned
    324 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Hi mate, Bugger. I have a GUIV. the lesser model comes with a Glove box there in lieu of that screen. I have a Kenwood head unit too and i have a clip over rear mirror with built in display for the reverse cam which i find excellent. I would consider looking for the glove box insert for that and do away with it. It will be much cheaper especially if you dont use if for the GPS which is clunky to say the least.
    Its a Nissan! =====> Its a Keeper!! ....... Got a TD42 in it BONUS!! ....... I'm a lucky bugger! I've got 2 of em!
    Check out my Toy --> MudRunnerTD's GQ From the Ground Up

Quote Originally Posted by Rogue Dung Beetle View Post
    Wish it was Nissan though, Toyotas just can't keep up with the Pootrol pace.
    The only good thing about an 80 series is..... the front end?? Wrong!!, the Engine?? Wrong!! the Full Time 4WD system?? Wrong!! Its the NissanPatrol.com.au stubby holder fitted over the transfer lever.
    WARNING: Towballs used for recoveries can, and do kill people and damage property.

Expert
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    options id think of are
    *wreckers (could be rare as its not found in the base models)
    *genuine new - probably not available anymore
    *replace screen with the lower model glove box and wire the camera to the head unit (if your current head unit doesn't support the camera then a new head unit may be the way to go)
    a new head unit wouldn't be that bad i see some decent sony ones that have apple car play and camera input. (aftermarket head unit might not plug and play with factory camera so you may need a aftermarket camera also)
    also a new head unit and globe box part from the wrecks could be cheaper than the factory gps screen, and the bonus would be new head unit more features and a hand globe box. you would still have gps and camera.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Fireblade For This Useful Post:

MudRunnerTD (26th June 2020)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    324 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Yeah i agree, i would be going a New Head Unit with Android Auto and Car Play and a new Camera and putting in the glove box from a wrecker. It will be $$$$$$$ Cheaper than trying to fit the Nissan Antiquated unit that is PUSS anyway.
    Its a Nissan! =====> Its a Keeper!! ....... Got a TD42 in it BONUS!! ....... I'm a lucky bugger! I've got 2 of em!

The only good thing about an 80 series is..... the front end?? Wrong!!, the Engine?? Wrong!! the Full Time 4WD system?? Wrong!! Its the NissanPatrol.com.au stubby holder fitted over the transfer lever.
    WARNING: Towballs used for recoveries can, and do kill people and damage property.

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Many thanks all - where is the best spot to sort these parts online?

I'm in a regional area and don't have much hope of finding much locally.

Much appreciated.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    324 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by itsmescottyc View Post
    Many thanks all - where is the best spot to sort these parts online?

I'm in a regional area and don't have much hope of finding much locally.

Much appreciated.

Give Patrolapart a call as the wreck a heap fo them. Tell them your chasing a second hand glove box insert for the middle dash.. (or ask them how much for a Nissan GPS just for shits and giggles) Given you have a Kenwood Head unit there i would be looking for the latest Kennwood as it will be a plug and play with what you have there.