OUR VIDEOS GALLERY MEMBER SPONSORSHIP VENDOR SPONSORSHIP

User Tag List

Page 1221 of 1450 FirstFirst ... 22172111211171121112191220122112221223123112711321 ... LastLast
Results 12,201 to 12,210 of 14491

Thread: What has made you Angry Today???????

Thanks
    Thanked 3,767 Times in 2,032 Posts
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TPC View Post
    We have a social media policy at our work to prevent people complaining online, says it all!
    It used to be a friendly family owned company but has been taken over by multinational and now everyone hates their job.
    Ha, funny that.

My company is that same. Was family owned for nearly 50 years ,now owned by a Malaysian group.
    We have a no phone policy, break time only no exceptions. Security cameras inside the work area and not one pointing to the doors or outside.

Not quite 2 years and I've had enough.

Sent from my A1601 using Tapatalk
    12/97 GEE YOU
    4.5lt Gas blower. Lots of mods to come.....all in good time.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to jay see For This Useful Post:

TPC (28th March 2019)

3. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

The master farter
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,298 Times in 6,438 Posts
    Mentioned
    461 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Yeti's Beast View Post
    If you take time off to go see the doc during work hours where I work, they take that time from your annual leave. My warehouse guy had stomach cancer and had a lot of doc appointments before he had his stomach removed. Each time at the doc meant more time taken from his annual.
    When he finally had the surgery, they took all his sick leave and annual leave and said mate you will be on Time off without pay. He tried to come back early but they wouldn’t allowed it.
    At Xmas they shut down our operation for 3 months and some of us went without pay as we had used up our annual leave. Now they are closing us down permanently and old mate is now redundant
    Lucky I am a rep so I can still work from home or on the road but can’t wait to find another job myself. These guys are real #%*+

Proud BTrol Owner
    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    You work for M Power dont you?

Quote Originally Posted by Avo View Post
    Reading all this crap about shit workplaces,to be like that they must have such a sad real life.....i have up to 20 people under me for nearly half a year,and from experience,if workers are happy,the business profits...imagine having people that work for you that dont qant to e there

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
    Yeah we all get along good at my work. Everyone has their annoyances about one another, but we seems to just get past that and work pretty well together. Doesn't bother me too much anyway, Im employed to be in sales and out on the road. But they just keep dragging me back in and give me warehouse jobs to do. Lol. If they wanna pay me what Im getting to be a storeman, or warehouse person, so be it.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to mudski For This Useful Post:

Yeti's Beast (28th March 2019)

Patrol Freak
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,338 Times in 764 Posts
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My current biggest work problem is the chair I'm sitting on today is giving me an actual real pain in the ask. Tomorrow it'll be something else as I work elsewhere.

It is SO easy and SO much cheaper to keep employees happy than to eagle eye watch over and monitor them.

A $25 6 pack of beer for someone will get you back several $1000s in improved performance. It's so darn easy, but so many people just do not understand that.

7. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to 10G For This Useful Post:

jay see (28th March 2019), mudski (28th March 2019), Yeti's Beast (28th March 2019)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 10G View Post

It is SO easy and SO much cheaper to keep employees happy than to eagle eye watch over and monitor them.

A $25 6 pack of beer for someone will get you back several $1000s in improved performance. It's so darn easy, but so many people just do not understand that.
    Couldn't agree more .

Don't even need the beer a little appreciation would be good.

12/97 GEE YOU

9. The Following User Says Thank You to jay see For This Useful Post:

Yeti's Beast (28th March 2019)

Thanks
    Thanked 7,002 Times in 3,397 Posts
    Mentioned
    109 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jay see View Post
    Couldn't agree more .

Don't even need the beer a little appreciation would be good.

No doubt about that. Back in the 90's I was working rotating shifts in a manufacturing plant doing a really mundane job on a production line. I always did my best, but really I was just one of the minions along a long line of processes to spit a widget out at the end. Was a really boring job.

My team leader was a bloody nazi psycho who got kicks from taking his stresses out on those below him. Add that to a process job and there's not much fun to be had there. But one day the boss above my team leader came up to me, looked me in the eyes and sincerely said thanks for my good work. That made me feel absolutely bloody fantastic. Morale - through the roof.

A few years later (after I'd left that job) I was in a discussion with a bloke who managed quite a few people under him and I told him of the power of a proper "Thank You", and he said "So just upping the pay of my blokes has been a waste of time all these years?" I said that recognition was worth more to me at the time than a slight increase in pay. Now of course it depends on what the pay rise is. The last 10 years has been really hard on private sector employees, basically no real increase in pay above inflation (if even that). In my story, that personal approach and genuine thanks did so much more to my morale in a shit job than an average pay rise would have.

It's about recognition. Don't keep your workers thumbed down, pumping out a 100 widgets a day. Recognise their effort and let them know you appreciate their work.

You'll get 120 widgets out the next day.

What is the charge? Eating a meal? A succulent Chinese meal??

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Plasnart For This Useful Post:

jay see (28th March 2019), Yeti's Beast (28th March 2019)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Our boss does nothing but put people down and telling us how we are not suited to our jobs etc. gave me a 2 hour ass rip last time I seen him. No matter how you answer his questions, your wrong. I have over 30 years experience in my field from a sales rep to being a State Manager, but I’m useless and not suited for this current position as are most of our staff. The guy has me almost in tears as he just kept going on and on with his stupid big smile on his face.
    It’s funny how the company has gone backwards in the 2 years he has been in charge. Most of us have been there a year or less. Promises us bonuses but never pays them. Doesn’t do anything at Xmas.
    The latest drama for me is I work in section A of the company but I can sell parts from A&B but only get his recognition for A.
    Recently I had a sales for $103,000 worth of product in A but only B had stock so I used their stock. I now don’t get recognized for that sale and the rep for B does.
    We have all asked for the rules to be changed but the GM said he isn’t changing the rules for anyone. Like it or leave it. So why do I bother ?
    Cant wait to hear his opinions of this months sales. Might have to educate him about Pineapples

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Yeti's Beast For This Useful Post:

jay see (28th March 2019), Plasnart (28th March 2019)

Thanks
    Thanked 6,404 Times in 2,989 Posts
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Yeti's Beast View Post
    Our boss does nothing but put people down and telling us how we are not suited to our jobs etc. gave me a 2 hour ass rip last time I seen him. No matter how you answer his questions, your wrong. I have over 30 years experience in my field from a sales rep to being a State Manager, but I’m useless and not suited for this current position as are most of our staff. The guy has me almost in tears as he just kept going on and on with his stupid big smile on his face.
    It’s funny how the company has gone backwards in the 2 years he has been in charge. Most of us have been there a year or less. Promises us bonuses but never pays them. Doesn’t do anything at Xmas.
    The latest drama for me is I work in section A of the company but I can sell parts from A&B but only get his recognition for A.
    Recently I had a sales for $103,000 worth of product in A but only B had stock so I used their stock. I now don’t get recognized for that sale and the rep for B does.
    We have all asked for the rules to be changed but the GM said he isn’t changing the rules for anyone. Like it or leave it. So why do I bother ?
    Cant wait to hear his opinions of this months sales. Might have to educate him about Pineapples
    It is great to be Retired.
    Sorry Guys I feel for you

15. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Bob For This Useful Post:

jack (29th March 2019), jay see (29th March 2019), Maxhead (29th March 2019), Yeti's Beast (29th March 2019)

Thanks
    Thanked 12,414 Times in 6,257 Posts
    Mentioned
    201 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    My manager is much the same as what you guys are talking about.
    He is on his own though and the company is absolutely not like that. He was out today and the owner of the company came down to say what a good job we are doing and he really appreciates everything we do for the company.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

17. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Winnie For This Useful Post:

jay see (29th March 2019), PeeBee (29th March 2019), Plasnart (29th March 2019), Yeti's Beast (29th March 2019)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Winnie View Post
    My manager is much the same as what you guys are talking about.
    He is on his own though and the company is absolutely not like that. He was out today and the owner of the company came down to say what a good job we are doing and he really appreciates everything we do for the company.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
    Well with any luck he wouldn't be there for much longer then.

12/97 GEE YOU

Thanks
    Thanked 5,352 Times in 3,170 Posts
    Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Nothing worse than a bully at work, let alone that bully being the boss.

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mudnut For This Useful Post:

jay see (29th March 2019), Yeti's Beast (29th March 2019)

Page 1221 of 1450 FirstFirst ... 22172111211171121112191220122112221223123112711321 ... LastLast