Thread: just joined the patrol club

Expert
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

just joined the patrol club

hi all, just got my first patrol. A 2013 y61 wagon. it pulls like a train and am really impressed so far. i have read many things about the benefits of the dawes valves and am working out a wish list. First is EGT and boost guages to determine before and after instalation values .. then the valve (valves?) ... and also the catchcan. Now, i’ve jst got back from the UK after 12 years and am well and truly out of the loop as far as suppliers and shops go ... so where is a good retailer to do my needed shopping that is in the Bunbury/Perth region of W.A.?
    Any and all info would be great

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Thanked 1,911 Times in 1,256 Posts
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Welcome back mate , no idea about WA but we have lots of clued up members over there .

Expert
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    thanks its good to be back i can tell you. fishing .. beaches .. sunshine ... haha .. and a 2013 patrol with 50 000 on the clock ... quite happy .. now to just sort out a few things and all will be well with the world .. although the wishlist is getting longer by the minute ..

Thanks
    Thanked 12,951 Times in 6,827 Posts
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Welcome aboard mate.

IF YA DONT GET STUCK YA AINT TRYIN HARD ENOUGH........OR YA TOOK THE CHICKEN TRACK

WARNING: TOWBALLS USED WITH SNATCHSTRAPS DO KILL!!

Expert
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Cheers mate its good to be back. I just ordered a catch can from Western filters and a Dawes valve and injector valve from 3 bar racing .. looking at gauges as we speak. Have seen a gauge kit from Gauge Shop australia for a pair of VDO boost and pyro gauges .... until i can get a fitting welded onto the dump pipe i cant fit it. Dunno who would do it form me locally

Thanks
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by timbo2410 View Post
    Cheers mate its good to be back. I just ordered a catch can from Western filters and a Dawes valve and injector valve from 3 bar racing .. looking at gauges as we speak. Have seen a gauge kit from Gauge Shop australia for a pair of VDO boost and pyro gauges .... until i can get a fitting welded onto the dump pipe i cant fit it. Dunno who would do it form me locally
    Ive just gone down the same path you are heading. The best thing I did was the Beaudesert exhaust system. The difference these mods have made to my truck is amazing. Oh, and also the EGR block kit from deisel smart.
    Be the person that your dog thinks you are!!

Expert
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yeah i saw the upgarde guides and the exhaust is on the wishlist .... dont know if there is a stockist over here so may have to settle for a 3 inch system from another supplier. at the moment i want to install the bost gauge catch can first to stop any further contamination. i need to decide on a set of gauges and a mounting point then get at least the boost gauge working. to fit a egt probe i will either have to get the existing dump pipe fitted with a threaded union or get a new exhaust fitted ... then once i can measure values i can fit the dawes/needle valves. loads to do ..

Thanks
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yeah i saw the upgarde guides and the exhaust is on the wishlist .... dont know if there is a stockist over here so may have to settle for a 3 inch system from another supplier. at the moment i want to install the bost gauge catch can first to stop any further contamination. i need to decide on a set of gauges and a mounting point then get at least the boost gauge working. to fit a egt probe i will either have to get the existing dump pipe fitted with a threaded union or get a new exhaust fitted ... then once i can measure values i can fit the dawes/needle valves. loads to do ..
    That’s what I did. Put the gauges in first. At first I thought the boost gauge was faulty by the way it jumped up and down. But after the mods the boost gauge is virtually linear with the engine revs/load. I haven’t worked it out yet but it seems to be using lots less fuel.

Expert
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    did you get a local exhaust mob to weld in a threaded bung on your dump pipe formthe egt probe

Thanks
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    did you get a local exhaust mob to weld in a threaded bung on your dump pipe formthe egt probe
    The Beaudesert exhaust came with one already in place. I specified the size when I ordered it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast